What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We will clean house today, fix a little chicken and dressing for ourselves, and save the overeating for when the kids get here. I'm sure DH will watch football all day, and maybe I can play some. I hope everyone has a wonderful day!

Thanksgiving - it really does make you think.

I had a long day today - set off on the 7:00 a.m. train to London for a workshop and get back at 8:30 p.m. and I was feeling a bit sorry for myself - tired irritable etc - you know the kind of thing. The train manager announced a delay and its "Oh no - what now" but the delay was caused by a jumper (I think) who was hit by the train in front of us as speed. The emergency services were trying to clear the track - I don't envy them. It put things in perspective for me again - somebody is going to be heartbroken tonight. I have an awful lot to be thankful for.

Back to work today, and the kids will be here late this afternoon. the house is clean but won't stay that way for long with 4 little ones around! I did get the shingling lines marked on the storybook yesterday, putting the shingles on may be a real challenge.

Day off today. Was going to do a major tidy/clean/laundry day. It is now noon and I've folded half the laundry on the drying rack ;) I better get on I think!!

Is everyone still full from dinner yesterday, or ready for leftovers? Hope you managed to enjoy the day!

today Im going to the auto parts store to get brake pads. theres no black friday madness at a auto store is there? ;) then im going to paint my gazebo base for the creatin contest. if i finish that early im going to start decorating for christmas inside. (outside was finished 3 weeks ago) :(

I feel kinda bit in a teensy way that I am not going shopping today. I just cant though. Maybe it is because I do not have a choice in the matter.

I am going to ask Fred and Natalie to bring up the tree and ornaments today. Nat and Chelsea will have to decorate it completely. I am not allowed to reach. Maybe this will mean that they will decorate it from now on...I can give that up to them completely. LOL

Nerve pain in my buttock does not tickle...at all! I had a rough night sleeping. I am glad I have an appointment coming up with surgeon because I need something to cut the pain a little bit.

Everyone be safe out there getting those Black Friday Bargains!

I feel kinda bit in a teensy way that I am not going shopping today. I just cant though. Maybe it is because I do not have a choice in the matter.

I am going to ask Fred and Natalie to bring up the tree and ornaments today. Nat and Chelsea will have to decorate it completely. I am not allowed to reach. Maybe this will mean that they will decorate it from now on...I can give that up to them completely. LOL

Nerve pain in my buttock does not tickle...at all! I had a rough night sleeping. I am glad I have an appointment coming up with surgeon because I need something to cut the pain a little bit.

Everyone be safe out there getting those Black Friday Bargains!

Take care, Heidii.

I was so smart yesterday, making enough food so I could just reheat everything and so avoid cooking anything today...........and burned out my microwave.

Fortunately, I had a small one in the basement we used to use years ago, and was able to finish heating the last bit so I could also have a hot meal.

The best made plans of Grazhina gang oft aglae.

Here waiting on the kids to show up, DS1 and family stopped at the farm and took his grandparents out to dinner. We are eating corn dogs, chips, and pickles-all I wanted after that orgy yesterday.

DH went out today and fought the mob to buy a new stainless steel range, the last thing we needed to complete the kitchen makeover. I will finally have an oven that cooks the middle before it burns the outside of the cake!

Went Shopping today! For 8 hours. Luckily, my bank isn't hurting too badly as I did a lot of looking, and spending time with my mom and sister. But, wow, my legs and knees are killing me now!

When I came home hubby starting bringing Christmas stuff up, so then I started with that. I have just now sat down for the first time today 15 hours after I started. Whew!

We need to put ours up, but don't know when that will be. We babysit next weekend, have a houseful this weekend. No telling when we will do it, maybe a bit every night this week. It's total chaos around here with 4 little ones running around chasing cats and dogs!

Very Windy day today. Kind sounds like when you are having a snow storm..but it is on the warm side. Well not warm but warmer then usual.

Fred cleaned the carpets yesterday. Tomorrow my two friends are coming over to play some cards. I just want to get the downstairs cleaned up for their visit. Chelsea washed dishes yesterday!

Can you believe it?? Fred got her a pair of rubber gloves and she washed dishes. She knows I cannot do it, so she finally stepped up to the plate. She would never wash dishes her entire life. She would practically puke doing it. And believe me..I would force her. After awhile I let it be cause it just grossed her out. So for HER to wash the dishes without someone saying something..OMG! I almost fell over.

Anyone else days all mixed up from the holiday? I could have sworn yesterday was Saturday! LOL

off our garage is this 8 foot overhang and this past summer i turned it into a screened porch. then once it got colder i stapled up heavy plastic over it to keep out the snow and slush just so it wouldnt be a mess in there. well the wind had different ideas.... i found the plastic sheet in the neighbors yard.

I described yesterday's paddle in excruciating detail in Heidi's Thanksgiving thread. Today I'm mini-ing until 1530, when DH & I will be rooting for our 'Gators against the Seminoles. We both have on our orange & blue!

My new living room wood floor is now complete and it looks awesome. All the furniture is back in its place with a new TV stand and surround sound system my son gave us that he couldn't use in his small apartment. Bill is in love because it plays is Ipod and he is going to hook the laptap up to it so he can play all the music he has on there. He is dropping off the laptop to be fixed as I write. We don't use it so we can just leave it hooked up to the new sound system.

We got is daughter a wireless router for her birthday (it is on Tuesday0 but we gave it to her early so my tech geek son could hook it up for me yesterday. She loves it because now she can get on the internet on her new laptop she got for graduation in May.

Hopefully in a couple months (Valentine's Day), we will spend the money to get a flat screen and then we will be set.

We spent the afternoon at the National Ranching Headquarters Museum. It's several acres full of original early ranch houses, barns, outbuildings, schools, train depot, etc from the early years of western ranching. I was going to Tech when they started the museum and got to watch them transport and rebuild the houses on the campus. Took loads of photos I'll try to post here tomorrow-includes a wonderful Victorian house, a dog run house, board and batten, sod, lots of ideas and inspiration for building! They landscaped the area around each house with the plants indigenous to the original area of the houses, even hired a pro to match the dirt and grout that they used to erect each house originally. It's really something to see. We are sending out for Father Murphy's pizzas now, so we can watch Tech football on tv tonite and the kids can play with each other and chase the cat around the house some more!

We're back from our long weekend in Des Moines, visiting 99-year-old cousin Willie and her family. Had a great time. Lloyd was especially please with the above average weather temperatures. No chance for snow!

Tomorrow early we start another round of medical appointments. I'm sooooo looking forward to the New Year!

I'm glad y'all had a good trip and here are {hugs} for you & Loyd and his round of medical stuff. In a couple of weeks DH & I go back to get our scrip renewed for another six months ("new" YOUNG doctor has a burr up his backside about doing labs every six months on us "older" patients & calls it monitoring our meds) and schedule annual labs. Ho-de-hum.

We had a glorious paddle down 6+ miles or so of the Econfina Creek north of Panama City, FL, and then we all went out to supper together in Blountstown on our way home. The weather was crisp, clear and the trees that change color were blazing! Now we all want to go again in the Spring, when the flowers are blooming. The Econfina is all spring-fed, so the water is crystal clear all along the way, with frequent springs to paddle over and look down into. It's also hunting season, but apparently nobody was hunting anything along the creek.

Today we're resting up from a busy weekend.

The urge to smoke is rather strong today. I have the patch on and Fred is gone for a Dr check up...so there is no way I am gonna bug anyone..or get them myself.

I really want to put up the Christmas tree. I know Oliver is going to kill it but I still want it up. Fred has not brought up the tree or the decorations yet. Pooh!

I am dealing with a bit of cabin fever..that is all. Once I get more of a sense of how I am doing from the surgeon (tomorrow), I will maybe be able to get out more..like to PT. To actually look forward to PT is sick huh? ROFL

So unless Fred gets the decorations when he gets back..ummm I have no clue what I am going to do today.

Spent this morning at the car dealership getting the van checked out for the long holiday trip. And the afternoon at the VA pulmonary clinic. Lloyd has been diagnosed with compromised lung capacity from his 30-some years of smoking. Doesn't matter that he stopped about 30 years ago or that he smoked less than a pack a day. He has an inhaler with meds to help his breathing, but he hasn't been put on oxygen, and for that we're grateful. Tomorrow morning he will have his upper teeth pulled (the 5 he has left) and gum his food for about 6 weeks until the gum has healed enough to get an upper plate. He's one more body part closer to being my nearly new bionic man . :yes:

Got rearended by a teenie-bopper on her cell phone yesterday on the way home from work. She apparently never even saw me until she hit me. i am very sore this morning, and supposed to babysit tonite and tomorrow! On top of which standing in the freezing weather for half an hour did nothing to help the bronchitis I am taking meds for. This is the second time in ten years this has happened to me. I'm all for outlawing phones while driving!

Got rearended by a teenie-bopper on her cell phone yesterday on the way home from work. She apparently never even saw me until she hit me. i am very sore this morning, and supposed to babysit tonite and tomorrow! On top of which standing in the freezing weather for half an hour did nothing to help the bronchitis I am taking meds for. This is the second time in ten years this has happened to me. I'm all for outlawing phones while driving!

It is now illegal in Ontario, Canada, (as well as a few other provinces) to talk on a cell phone while driving unless it is hands-free - I think they call those blue-tooth and it hooks on your ear.