What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We have no snow, but the rain stopped last night and the heat has not turned off since last night! We decided we were ready to go out for dinner tonight and DH wants to run errands while we're at it, so I won't be on much today.

Kathie,

Sending lots of healing energy to Lloyd. What an ordeal!

We woke up to 14 inches of snow and are expecting 6-10 more by evening. That never happens here! It is beautiful!

Glad I was finished with my Christmas shopping, too.

Well I saw 32 snowflakes on my 1.5 minute walk home from work. They didn't stick around though and melted straight away. It has been cold, so if it did snow properly it'd stay, but 32 flakes was all I got and once I arrived inside it stopped.

I know some places in the UK have snow, but consistently the SW area where we are is snowless on the weather map!

No snow here either and I hope it holds off, as the kids are all traveling during the holidays. But we could sure use the moisture!

We are getting ready to go buy groceries, then home again. I am super stopped up today in my sinuses, and don't feel like doing any work...so I think I will shingle my house some more! :)

Fred got called in to work early. He will probably work late also. There are 11 babies so lots to do paperwork wise. I will still be up till the wee hours waiting for him.

I am going to make chicken quesadillas for dinner.

BF and I are still in the Washington DC area. We're supposed to have left early this morning to be en route to Massachusetts to spend the holidays with his family. As you all know, this area got hit with the snowstorm. So now, we're just sitting back and waiting till Sunday for the roads to (hopefully) clear. And for our apartment management to get someone to plow the parking lot.

Guess it's good we're staying put for awhile. Woke up on Friday feeling nauseous and with a sore throat. Found out later that everyone I had lunch with on Thursday at a Thai restaurant also reported feeling sick/nauseous. Went to a clinic last night before the storm and surprise! Have an throat/ear infection on top of food poisoning.

<sigh> Oh well. Guess I'll just play with my dollhouse dolls and make a holiday miniature wish list! :)

I dont have to worry. Fred is staying over night at the hospital. Many people are doing thisf. He has to work tomorrow plus he is thinking of the good amount of money he will make for starting work in the morning. So I will not see him until Monday morning.

Daphne, sorry to hear you're not feeling well as well as being snowed in. Heidi, you must be relieved that Fred won't have to travel in the storm, especially if he has to go back tomorrow.

L has been using the magic mouthwash. It seems to be working. <knocking wood & typing with crossed fingers> I'm also all over Lloyd to keep the pressure on the site. I made a chin strap out of a strip of cotton cloth to keep his jaw from going slack when he dozes. The gauze pad doesn't provide the necessary pressure if it's just flopping around in his mouth. The strap is a lovely flowered fabric. He looks like a little kid with the mumps, just not quite so chipmunk-y. :)

Finally we got some snow, not the 8 feet that I wanted, but I'll take 2 feet. Also after much deliberation and negotiating with Doug, we got our Christmas tree up and decorated. Doug put his train under it a while ago, and we're good to go. We are on a liquid diet starting today that ends on Tuesday when Doug goes into the hospital. I have to go on it with him, or he will cheat!

I guess we will decorate today, although neither of us is much into it, this year. We will be alone, as both sets of kids are going to the other mothers' houses on Christmas day and coming here later. The tree has been up for a week, but no ornaments on it! I have to finish putting the name on the little park benches that DH made for the babies, and finish the shingles on my house!!

Oh, how I wish I could get in the Christmas mood...tree is up (however, the proverbial "one-strand of lights went out AGAIN! :wave: Bought tree brand new last year after the other one cr*pped out after 3 yrs.) - very frustrating...

Most of the gifts are wrapped and ready to go. Still have the few last minute things to pick up, but those are easy. Have been working on some paper mache house and church ornaments to keep the mini desire happy. Hoping after the holidays I can get back to real mini-ing again, although I have 5 more 1/4 scale paper mache houses on order, so we'll see when those get here..they may speak to me right away :p:( Have no earthly idea what I am going to do with them when finished, but then, I never have a plan...just operate on impulse (sigh)

Wish Santa could bring me my own studio, with lots of space, shelves and storage for my MANY impulses. :)

We usually end up wrapping the presents Christmas Eve. Somehow, we never get around to doing it earlier.

This week, my 10 year old son and 13 year old daughter want me to take them shopping so that they can get presents for everyone with their own money. I think that I had better mention this to my 16 year old son!

We went on a 6+ mile hike this AM with a dozen friends and it was COLD! the whole time! but gorgeous. Ft Braden is state forestry property on the south shore of Lake Talquin and when we got to the lake a pair of bald eagles put on a show for us. I've been washing clothes nonstop since we got home!

Arroz con pollo for supper tonight.

We went shopping. Doing up my nieces room as a surprise with a new bunk bed and a few bits, so spent most of the shopping day (sundays shops open 11am-5pm) at Ikea. Then went to the mall to do some more other people present shopping. His family is sorted, mine's not, but not worried about mine :) Would be nice to be sorted too, but they don't mind iou vouchers. Then drove on up to sisters for dinner and a final hug or two with her and niece before they fly off to far away hot places for christmas with BIL family. Then drove home. Got nearly home - about 12 miles - and it started snowing :p Not loads, just the right amount to make it ok to drive in. Nearer home the temperature dropped a couple degrees, so more snow stayed on the ground, and in our little car parking area it crunched underfoot! Lovely!! It is only an inch or so, but still lovely. Due to go to the dentist in the morning about 13 miles away, but really wouldn't mind postponing it due to inability to drive there due to snow! (But realistically it is going to melt pretty quickly I think and don't think we'll get more overnight)

I have to admit something. I think I really dislike Oliver. I do not hate him but he is a major PIA. Yesterday he jumped on the counter and knocked the glass blender part onto the floor. Broken.

It was not on the edge of the counter either.

I have always loved all of my animals. I have had one before that I disliked and that was about 20 years ago. It was a white cat named Baby. OMG I HATED that cat.

I know he is just being a cat. Dont worry. I am not gonna throw him out in the snow. I have had cats all my life. He is just a bad seed. He torments MF, he knocks things over, hogs the food, kicks the food out of his bowl, tips full water bowls over, pulls the stoppers out of the bathroom sinks and runs with them, he has a sock collection...etc

Yeah he is smart, he is cute, but he can be a mean sob and I have the battle scars on my feet to prove it.

Anyone else have stories of the cat (or dog) they wanted to send on a slow boat to China?

Sounds like one of the dogs we have now. He's an extortionist. He grabs anything we leave lying around-clothes, remote controls, glasses, whatever, and runs with it. Then he will stand in front of us with it and dare us to chase him, knowing we will finally give him a treat in order to get it back. At least he's taught everyone to put things away! Now, Abby gets up on the counter and knocks things off playing with them, so that the dog can get the things we have put up out of his reach!

Oh, Heidi, the first dog we ever had with the kids was my DM's nasty toy poodle; I should have known why none of her "good friends" wanted him after she died, but she had brought him to visit us the summer before she died, and the kids begged & pleaded for us to keep him. He was nasty, spoiled & mean, and hated me because I taught him to eat dog food (Mother used to cook for him! either ground sirloin or chicken livers poached in BUTTER! the dog should have thanked me for feeding him healthy!lol). He opened one of my fingers for me because I dislodged a chicken bone he'd filched from the table & gotten stuck in his throat...

After we moved back to FL one of the neighbors' huge mongrel dog jumped our back fence and tore him apart, and when he died the next AM I buried him out behind the garage and let the kids have a "funeral".

Today is cold, AGAIN!; actually colder than yessterday, below freezing, and a wonderful day to mini!

I wont get rid of him cause he is part of the family but he is a big BRAT. One thing he does is he pushes the water dish away from it`s area. Then I walk by and knock into it. So either he splashes water..or he has ME do it for him.

No matter if there is food or not..he wants me up and downstairs promptly at 5am. He will do everything in his power to get his way. We have kicked him out of our room but then he digs at the door. BRAT! ROFL

I have made a list of things to do this week. I am actually feeling good enough to get some cleaning done. I am not going to do much bending (so dont worry) but reaching does not hurt anymore. I want to clean the kitchen pantry. Inside and out. Toss what is old and re-arrange.

I also want to clean the fridge but that is a pipe dream. I do not think I can do that yet. I will clean the door though, toss anything fuzzy, and re-arrange.

Fred wants the ham for Christmas. He has been good with his sodium intake and the Dr said his BP is wonderful! So I will make the itty bitty ham for him.

It's cold here this morning, but supposed to warm up. Dh has gone to paint his mother's living room, so I'm all alone except for the pesky animals. So I will shut myself in my room and work on the storybook. (I have to keep that room shut up all the time or the animals would have a heyday!)

If you haven't noticed, it is Monday and I am at home. I gave my notice at work and quit. It was just a place where I could not in good conscience continue to work. They hire poor, uneducated minority women to work the phones and mistreat them horribly, do things I feel sure are not exactly kosher, and fire them for the least thing. I was involved in all of that because I had to do part of it, and just could not continue to do so.

So, I will substitute teach and DH and I are making plans to launch a business that we have been discussing for some time. But for now, I am going to clean house and play!

Think we're nearly all done with christmas presents now. Gotta finish making some things and wrap everything too. Gotta make a pottery wheel and little bowl on it in half scale, so that'll be the most challenging I think. Should hopefully be ok though.

Snow that isn't on the roads hasn't melted yet, but the main roads are fine and the side roads are just a bit slushy. The car park at the grocery store was a bit icy when we got there, but when we'd finished it was slush.

Hopefully bought everything to get us through until the 29th, might need some extra milk, but think that should be about it! Feels like it should be christmas tomorrow not in 4 days time! Gotta decorate the tree still. We picked it up from my sisters yesterday, let it thaw in the outside hall until today, now it is waiting for something to sit in - the saucer had a big crack in it and leaked all over the shelf in the hall :wave:

Yup! :D wish the getting light earlier would happen quicker though :wave:

Our cat used to open doors with his claws :) I learnt to leave it shut but not clicked in so that in the morning he could open it without me needing to get up (This was however to get out of my room as they slept there, rather than to get in.

We were extremely strict about cats not being allowed on the counter. They only very rarely dared to jump up, and usually only if we left something on there that was taunting them (unintentionally!) They didn't knock stuff off though, just sat there licking whatever it was until they heard/spotted us, then it was disappear quickly!

Oh I really miss having pets! can't wait to move for that reason :p