What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Tomorrow is baking/ cooking day. At the grocery store DH mentioned a pecan pie, and then I reminded him I'd found the jar of mincemeat we bought last year after Christmas and I swear he began to drool! Anyway, today I'm mini-ing fit to bust; I wrote the few cards we're sending out and took a picture of Princess White Dress (the Indian doll) while the sun's out. It's a little warmer because we have a storm system headed our way to dump rain on us tomorrow & Christmas (I'm dreaming of a wet Christmas...). One more load and all the clothes will be clean once more!

Feeling very grumpy just now - early this morning my kitchen sink backed up, for the fourth time in as many months, and the plumber came mid-afternoon. Well, he snaked and snaked, both my drain and my next door neighbor's drain (when either of us gets a kitchen plumbing problem, the other has that problem too because we share pipes), and no luck. We got left with having stopped up sinks until next Monday, because of the holiday and the weekend, and with anticipation that next week one or both of us is likely to have their kitchen and/or living room floors torn up, possibly walls as well....This is a major problem of some sort with these low-budget and aging pipes and it's going to be a major repair, apparently. Oh, joy.

I'm not happy not being able to use my kitchen sink for at least five days, but my neighbor was just about hysterical about the whole thing. Wouldn't be the first time I've washed dishes in the bathroom - can't say I love it, but at least the bathroom is working okay. For now. GRRRR!!!

Merry Christmas, all!!

Hey, on the plus side, at least I'm not sitting in some airport waiting out a storm, like so many are tonight. There ARE bright sides to everything, right? RIGHT????

I suggested to my neighbor, who really was having an absolute FIT about having dirty dishes that he couldn't wash in the usual way, that he just set up housekeeping in out lounge/common room for the next several days. There's a complete kitchen there, including dishwasher and microwave, and the lounge has very comfy sofas and easy chairs, nice dining tables and chairs, and it has a large-screen TV with digital cable.

Hey, I might move down there myself!

Well had a busy day/evening in the end last night! Sister (and 4.5 year old niece) are flying to cameroon today. (There are few flights to the place she is going, so didn't have the option of flying earlier). Originally she was going to come here (much nearer to the airport) to stay the night and get a taxi to the airport at 4am. Then mummy thought she'd really like to drop her off, so they were going to all come here and mummy'd take her. Then decided to stay home, get more sleep, and then mummy'd bring them. Yesterday morning got a message that mummy's car isn't feeling so well, so could they come after all. Yup, waited for their train after work and brought them home. Sister managed to book the taxi, so I was up at 4 making sure it came and they got it. Went back to bed, but was waiting for a text to say they got to the airport. That arrived at 4:50. Finally went back to sleep then. 6:30 phone rings, her flights been delayed, can i find out more info online? Nope, no other info online :wave: Will she miss her connecting flight? Well next update for this flight is 7:30, estimated time is 10:49. so various research into what she can do while she goes back out through security to find the airline desk... So can't go back to sleep even though I only have to get up around 7:45. Finally 7:30, ready for more info! "next update 9:30, still estimated at 10:49" lol. She managed to find the desk, they say delay is due to bad weather at the interim airport, so chances are the onward flight to cameroon is delayed too. No info on the live departure boards for that flight yet. And if she misses it? well next flight according to the website is 31st dec :) though the airline lady said it was 26th. Christmas at the hotel, not such fun!

Well, time to get up now, and Chris'll have to keep her updated while I'm at work. They said work is going to be very busy cause they're backlogged, so I think I'm going to be rather tired tonight! Chris is doing a great job helping tidy for christmas and guests though, so don't have to worry about that.

I hope they get safely to their destination. I can't think of anything sadder than holiday in an airport.

We have a regular blizzard going on here. Several inches of snow and still coming down. I imagine we will stay in with the fire going today! Maybe I can get my roof shingled!

Think we can cancel christmas this year! :huh: Don't feel christmassy at all.

Nope, they didn't make it. Next onward flight is 26th, so they get to spend Christmas day at a hotel in Paris somewhere (though chances are on the outskirts somewhere near the airport!) and, LOL, the airline will put them up for one night, but not the two until their next flight. Don't know why and too expensive to phone sister. I'm sure she'll make a nice christmas anyway for my niece, but the little one might be a bit worried about not having a big enough stocking :p I'm sure they'll improvise! (She will of course be doing plenty to claim the second night back from the airline!!) Just got a text from her, they found a santa in the village and niece got some sweets and is now sound asleep. And everyone is being kind and friendly.

Then mummy was supposed to come here today. But her car died. So no nice evening in around the tree together. She's home there, we're home here (couldn't face driving up to her tonight after work and after the disrupted sleep) and tomorrow will be lots of driving after all. Driving up to pick her up and spend about an hour there opening presents, back halfway down for dinner, back up to her to drop her off, and back down to us. Then working the 26th again.

Next christmas no plans to move around after the 23rd! Not allowed!! Everyone has to be at the christmas destination before christmas eve! Sigh. Well we watched Shrek 2 and Elf and played monopoly to try and get in the mood. Not sure it worked, maybe just need a good nights sleep. Did sing 'santa clause is coming to town' which was fun!

Hope you've all got your stockings ready to hang (another thing - no mummy to fill part of it as a surprise! Though Chris will do well I'm sure) and hope you have a peaceful Christmas :p

I'm so sorry your plans were disrupted, but enjoy being with family, whatever day, whenever you get the chance. My kids aren't going to the mts because of the weather, but we will all be together at MIL's house tomorrow and I know the kids will all have fun together. I just wish DS1 and family could be here too, but we will all have our time together next week and it will be a special day, that day! I'm just so grateful he's not leaving for Iraq in 2 days, as he was last year!

Yeah, it'll be good to spend the day with mummy tomorrow and we'll enjoy the time with friends as well, and also the friend's brother is a fantastic cook, so we've got a delicious dinner to look forward to! :p Feeling better now

I'm glad you're feeling better! We are still snowed in. We went to the grocery for some things and it was a miserable trip driving on ice. Now that the sun is down, all the melted snow has frozen solid and all the roads and airport are closed. We didn't even try to go to church, the parking lot is knee deep in snow and ice.

So, we are watching tv, had a little peach cobbler, and Tortilla soup, and I am trying to braid embroidery thread for a rug.

Hopefully, we can get to the farm tomorrow and see the family!

We decided to go to the children's mass at 4 pm, which worked well for us. After a relaxing meat and veggie fondue for supper, DH is trying to finish wrapping the kids Christmas presents while watching The Grinch on DVD. I've already finished wrapping everything that I needed to. Now, if we can just get the two younger ones to go to bed (10, 13), then DH can bring in the two presents for them that he has hiding in the garage! :p

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!!!

Did last minute grocery shopping, picked up a couple of treats for the 3 fur kids and a last couple of gifts for family. I am exhausted just from that little bit of effort. Gifts are all wrapped and now beneath our tree that has yet to be decorated, and the only thing up is a light wreath at the front door. Since I usually do the decorating I am glad at least that amount got done. Hubby has no strength or oomph to do it and DD has her hands full of just doing the day to day stuff. I am grateful that the eye thing seems to be going well this time around but it is still like looking through vasoline.

Just having a nice quiet Christmas Eve with my buddy Koko, cuppa hot tea and getting ready to listen to a radio program about the life of Jesus. When.....Koko hops up on the pass-through to the kitchen, which is right next to my dinette table (aka work table) and pulled this pose.

I think we must have a bobcat or something else that frightens him terribly prowling the neighborhood. He just never has been okay about going outdoors ever since he disappeared for those three days before Halloween - and it was pretty clear when he did come home that something scared him half to death.

I call this picture: "Mommeeee - there's s-s-s-something OUT there!!!"

A wonderful Christmas to everyone!

post-4543-1261719311_thumb.jpg

sinus infection this week and not feeling 100%. Have made the family decision not to attend midnight mass tonight and will just tuck in for some rest and recovery. Christopher slammed a finger in between garage door sections as he was shutting it this morning...right after stabbing an elbow on a sharp pointy thing in the garage. Santa please bring pain killers....

Something at Christmas Eve dinner last night gave us all tummy troubles. I felt like if I did not get a Tum-ta-tum-tum TUMS right away..I was gonna lose it. I did not.

Stomach is better today. So no food poisoning (or had it but not bad) for us.

I have to put the ham in the oven in a couple hours. I am going to make a veggie lasagna so I have to make a small pot of sauce for it. We are going to have a veggie platter to nibble off of.

Fred is going to make his baked Mac and Cheese.

The girls were happy with what the got. I am waiting for the battery to charge for the camera so that I can play with it.

Over all..it has been a good holiday so far!

Mary, your Koko is a handsome boy, isn't he? In a little while I'll go upstairs and bring DS' gift down and wake up Grumpy so I can start breakfast. We wound up having a pilaf last night, so I'll have the sweet potatoes with the hen, after all.

Everybody, have a happy Christmas Day with family! {{Hugs}} for everybody.

Waiting on son to arrive. He was just too tired to drive last night so he said he would try to get here around 9. Opened one gift last night and it was the first Harry Potter book. I had the whole set but let someone borrow the first one (i think it was Bills sister) and never got it back. I was so surprised at his thoughtfulness over this gift. I was thrilled and it was the same cover and all. Bill is still asleep but I am not going to let him open his gifts till Bryan gets here. Then it is off to his mother's retirement village for lunch at 12.

The medicine for the esophagas ulcer has already worked wonders, I am now able to eat without any pain.

Enjoy the day everyone!!

Merry Christmas, all! I hope everyone has a great day.

I need to get busy and cook the stuff I'm taking to dinner, and clean up my kitchen. We will spend the day at the farm, then DS2 and his bunch will come back to our house for the rest of the day, weather permitting. I don't imagine I will mini any today!

Woke to about 3 inches of snow ... just the right amount. Expecting flurries through the afternoon but not much more accumulation. Have had a smoked salmon fillet in the cupboard since a friend gave it to us some time ago. Am going to go on line and look for a way to serve it that Lloyd can eat using ingredients on hand. I think mashed potatoes and the bag of frozen peas (that he used as an ice bag) should make a nice Christmas dinner. I set some dough for kolaches last night; the refrigerated dough needs to be rolled out, cut, and filled with home made apricot filling. Baked until slightly brown and sprinkled with powdered sugar, it will make a nice traditional dessert.

Our friends came over yesterday for a little while, so we don't have to trek out in the snow for a gift exchange. I downloaded "Cutting for Stone" to my Christmas Kindle last night, so I'm set for a day of reading. :p Lloyd hasn't opened his presents yet. Among them, he's getting a weather station, the wireless kind. I think he'll be setting that up today. We're looking forward to a nice, quiet day together.

How about your salmon fillet with a nice sour cream & dill sauce for Lloyd? And extra sour cream & dillweed for the mashed potatoes?

DS & I watched the #6 Harry Potter movie together. It still amazes me how much of each story they manage to compress into a movie.