What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Looking forward to 6 days off in a row after tomorrow! I will have worked 7 out of 8 days in a row as of tomorrow. I really need a break. I am going to dollhouse it this weekend! I will work on molding in the Foxhall and will possibly start wallpapering the QA as well. We shall see what takes my fancy :banana:

Well we came home from dinner to find the basketball goal in the driveway where we usually park, and 7 trees in the neighborhood either broken or completely down. Including one broken in our yard, being held up by another tree. It was still making loud cracking noses when we got home. That was eerie. When it falls it will hit the house, so guess we're having trees cut down tomorrow. :( We have about 5 or 6 in a clump in front of the house, and this is the 2nd time one has broken in the 11 years (today!) that we've been in this house, so Brian wants to cut them all down, including my dogwood. :( Please hope for no more strong winds tonight! If it falls it will either hit Brennen's room or the front porch and front door. So we will have Brennen sleep somewhere else tonight. But so glad we weren't home. The basketball goal would have hit right on our truck. And as badly as we need a new vehicle right now, that still would have been bad.

Fingers crossed Tracy! Did your house make it through ok?

We went out visiting work colleagues and shopping today. Bought Natasha her first Manchester United kit :D Was out for half the day, but not rushing, so was enjoyable. Natasha slept for half of it too, if she hadn't it might not have been quite as enjoyable.

Chris has next week off from school, so he's looking forward to time with baby and I'm looking forward to getting a few things done like hoovering and hopefully some baking :)

Thanks Holly and Muriel! The house came through fine, and we actually did have another storm come through in the middle of the night, but it held up thank goodness. Although it did crack a little bit more. The last I heard my husband was still waiting for the tree guy to come, he already had several jobs lined up for the day.

Okay, all 6 trees are cut down. Well, all the branches are, the trunks are still there. It looks like a jungle exploded in my yard now. Literally the entire yard is filled with branches, some piles taller than I am. I'm hoping they make it back tomorrow to finish. I know they all needed to come down, but I'm still so sad. I cried all evening. :( Also, it cost a ton, that is seriously gonna hurt our vacation (and my mini) budget. So to help make me feel better, I just ordered a 1:24 porch kit from Ernie's sale. :)

We're spending Memorial Day weekend at home. Between gas prices and going over to close on the new house next week there's not much else to do (good excuse to mini!). We have some inspections we've been trying to have done that the present tenants are being resistant to cooperating with, which is too bad because we had planned to offer then an extra month to find another place to move to, in return for our storing some of the boxes we've already packed in the garage; but their lack of cooperation in letting the inspectors in convinces us that's a no-go.

Rain Rain go away....soooooo tired of rain!

I spent the day yesterday doing final touch ups on my Queen Anne windows! I also put wallpaper and flooring in the tower (hidden room ). I still need to do work in it, but it's exciting to have wallpaper going up! The plans for the day are too work on wallpaper for this house...or start cutting trim for the Foxhall. If I would just focus on one project I'd get more done. :)

I was digging thru my basement this weekend ...got it partially cleaned out and took a load of stuff to the dump....i saw my Willowcrest dollhouse kits and got the urge to work on them, but I resisted, i have too many other projects I want to work on right now. Feeling re-bitten by the mini bug and looking forward to spending the whole day doing minis today!

After a long spate of rain rain rain and cool jacket weather it suddenly got hot today, mid 80's. Yesterday was cool and overcast, good for garden work. I decided to rip out some of my perennial geraniums and take a chance on impatiens. I used to love impatiens in PA, they'd grow big and gorgeous and so colorful, but every time I've tried to grow them here in Maine they'd stay stunted, or if they started to grow nicely, the slugs or something would eat them.

Last year I bought a couple of 6 packs and just planted them under the crabapple on the island in the front yard for some color till some other plants started blooming. Amazingly, nothing ate them, and although they stayed kind of small, they were still pretty.

This year I bought a jug of Sluggo, and I have a gallon bottle of ammonia to spray on my hostas and I also picked up a bottle of hot pepper wax to fend off the deer. Unfortunately the chipmunks have been joined by a mouse and they're all merrily burrowing in my flower gardens. I found a jug of MoleMax mole repellant in the garage and have used it on the garden, but I'm not sure that whatever is burrowing cares. I found some fresh tunnels this morning while I was feeding the plants. I got out more Molemax.

I also planted a pretty blue hosta, Halcyon, I think. Now I have to wait for the creeping phlox to be done. I'm going to rip out the ones on the island, and pull the barn grass out blade by blade so I can transplant the phlox somewhere else. I spent days weeding out the barn grasses last year, but they came back with a VENGEANCE this spring. i just have to clear out everything growing along the front of the island. I've decided to try planting an enormous amount of impatience. Even if they stay small, they should look pretty ----- as long as the Sluggo works as well as people say.

Right now all 3 of my crabapples are blooming nicely, a red Prairiefire, a white Sargents, and a pink Brandywine. The year before last I gave the Brandywine an ultimatum,. It had been growing in the yard for 9 years or so, kept succumbing to some virus, and never bloomed. I sprayed it, even transplanted it - no flowers. I said if there were no blooms out it went. Last year it had flowers. This year it has lots of flowers.

I also got three noseeum bug bites while doing garden chores this week, even though I used bug spray. Two just look disgusting, and one still itches like crazy. It's on my elbow and every time I put my elbow on the desk or lean against a cushion it starts to itch again. At least my arm hasn't swollen this spring. In 14 years of gardening in Maine my arm has swollen up from noseeum bug bites about 9 times.

I need to get all my chores finished - need some free time -- I have a good idea for a room box..

PS: just found another no see um bite, this one on my ankle - phooey

• 2 weeks later...

Promised Nutti to update more about things over here as I had one of those "really no tell comments" posted on FB... Soooo, have been on a job interview today for a principal/head master position which felt really good, then got a phone call for another interview in another town, there are a few job openings now so that is a good thing I suppose, but as always it is always so much that needs to go together so am not holding my breath but atleast it feels great to get the opportunity of an interview atleast.

So along with school ending Friday, clearing the extended "yard" ( as in us purchasing the neighbouring lot that is just trees and more trees hence doubling our own yard) starting to build the brick walls for our new flight of stairs going into our basement at the back of the house and the job applying etc etc there has been little or no time for any fun as in mini-ing latley but I plan to swing by the yarn store tomorrow stocking up on new needed colours for a carpet I plan to stitch as that is something that won't take a lot of time to get back into and a few minutes here and there will do some difference.

So sending lots and lots of hugs along with summer yays :D

HUGS

Awww, not fair Holly! Hope things improve dramatically for today!!

We went to our first Postnatal Group meeting today :) Lots of Mums and Babies, was fun looking around the circle seeing how alike and unalike the babies are. Also the differences in sizes is amazing. Some looked tiny but were already 3 months old, others looked Natasha size and were 3 months old, and some looked bigger and were 3 months old. Some had lots and lots of hair, others hardly any.

I went to quite a small school for grade/year 7-11 and our family became and remained friends with my class teacher from years 7 and 8. She's coming for the weekend to do some work in the town where my mum and sister live, so I'm going to pick her up from the airport tomorrow and will take her there so she can have some cuddles with Natasha on the way :)

Nice to hear from you Anna :) Of course sending good luck for the interviews!

We are home. Due to circumstances during our attempt to do our pre-close inspection of the premises we had to instruct our realtor agent to contact their attorney with the list of our concerns, and also the bank that has foreclosed on the property that we're trying to purchase from. As of this AM we have a month's extension on closing during which the bank must evict the tenant and replace or reimurse us for any missing or damaged items noted from the pictures the appraiser took and the condition of the property when we inspect it before the closing. Every day that the the seller has to postpone the closing is costing them 0.5% of our loan from our bank, essentially putting money back into our pockets (which we'll probably need,m since we already know there are electircal issues to be dealt with). It has been interesting, but as we informed the tenant, his issues are between him and the bank that's foreclosing, and neither we, our bank or our agent will have any part of it.

So do I! The only problem with the delay for me personally is the need to get set up with a new primary care physician so I can get a referral to an electrocardiologist and make an appointment for my December pacemaker checkup (I don't have checkups, the machine does!). Otherwise it's costing the seller money to defer the closing.

So do I! The only problem with the delay for me personally is the need to get set up with a new primary care physician so I can get a referral to an electrocardiologist and make an appointment for my December pacemaker checkup (I don't have checkups, the machine does!). Otherwise it's costing the seller money to defer the closing.

Sorry to hear about the complications, Holly. You certainly don't need the added stress. Hope this all gets resolved in August and you can get busy moving! When we moved into our current house, the builders said it would be finished in May. So we gave notice where we were renting, then left the house. Got back to two messages on the machine - (1) house won't be ready for another month and (2) landlady excited because she just found another renter who already signed the papers. We didn't move in until July! Somehow moving becomes a complicated process! Keep us posted - you've got a support group here :wave:

We are in the process of starting an energy audit for the house. Bills for oil and electric have risen to where they are rediculous. We are looking at replacing the furnace and maybe installing the instant on water heater. Have already done what we can on adding insulation, upgrading appliances and changing out the windows. (Did that when we did the renovation.)

Our DD1 has driven up from Virginia for Father's day and just arrive. Now I can get dinner on the table.

i went with my son to his college orientation yesterday. I love that boy, he's bright, he's funny, he can be very sweet, but he is totally clueless.

Otherwise I've been working, that's all. i have a couple of ideas for miniature projects in the beginning stages, but that's as far as I've gotten.

My daughter in law (DIL?) sent me another picture of Emily. She looks like a happy baby Buddah preparing to bestow her blessings. She's 2 months old and growing out of her 6 month size clothes, she is her father's daughter for sure. I'm sending her mama a boxful of 9 months summery clothes.

June12-1.jpg

Grazhe, she's adorable! and how she has grown. She definitely looks like a happy little camper. Beverly, we switched to a tankless hotwater heater that runs off our propane tank; it paid for itself within the first year or so we had it.

• 2 weeks later...