What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Heidi, I would LOVE to know how to make jams... My Grandmother used to make it every summer and we ate it all winter... My favorite breakfast was toast and her Jam.!

Well, a little update... We have been so busy I havent touched any of my dollhouses in several months.... I really want to get to them but just too busy.! The boys are growing up so fast it is crazy.! Timmy my oldest just beat his personnal record on Deadlift yesterday at a Power lifting meet. He is growing up to be a great young man... I will have to fill you all in on him very soon.!

Zach is growing up fast as well... nothing major going on with him.. He finally passes the deep end swim test last week at the pool and thinks he is just the thing.! LOL !!

I miss you all so much.!

kellee

Always good to hear fromyou, Kelly; enjoy your kids, they grow so fast and will be gone on to adulthood soon enough.

Loading the workshop tools took most of the day yesterday, so it was very satisfying to get the utility trailer unloaded in an hour and a half; of course the car had to come out of the garage, but it's just until we get a utility building to use for a workshop. Anyway, we're back in the Little House on the Highway.

The angel is now in place on the screened porch, but at 95 F and humid out there, I'm thinking she'd rather have stayed in the basement! Of course, the lights aren't working. They're white Christmas lights and can be fixed easily, but not today. We about died just getting her hung up.

post-818-0-65737600-1312153614_thumb.jpg ... post-818-0-14104000-1312153633_thumb.jpg

[Edit: It's a little later and, miracle of miracles, the lights went on by themselves. The closeup of her head shows where the diamond dust is used on her wings, hair ornament, and the embroidery on her dress. The red blanket stitch and the gold cross and chain are done with puff paint for dimension.]

post-818-0-04528900-1312162846_thumb.jpg ... post-818-0-97827700-1312162861_thumb.jpg

I found the two suitcase houses for my niece's kindergarten kids. For newcomers, these are houses found at BigLots! a few years ago. Several members here made them up. The furniture is a mix of scales, but I don't guess the 5-year-olds are going to be picky. I'm going to send the photo to her and ask if she'd like them painted up or just a protective clear acrylic put on for easy damp-wipe cleaning and sanitizing.

post-818-0-89490100-1312153964_thumb.jpg

The lights are very effective behind the angel :) looks good!

Last couple nights have been so much better! Bit uncomfortable being raised up - I like sleeping on my tummy, which is very uncomfortable if trying to do it raised! - but no more rib cage area pain :) Never had the burning pain, more a dull constant ache (ache doesn't seem strong enough a term :p )

Oh the jam sounds delicious! I go through phases with eating jam for a few weeks, then not again for months. Currently working on a rhubarb and ginger delight.

Sounds like you're making good progress Holly. Is it a long drive between houses?

Packing, packing, packing...

I'm heading to Columbia with friend NJ today. She has a doctor's appointment and needs moral support, which I'm happy to provide.

We'll also hit a quilt shop or two. I got a pattern the other day for a small zippered purse (about 7"x9") on a long strap. The pattern calls it a runaround bag. I'm anti-purse, haven't carried one in 10 years or more, but now that I have a smart phone, its rectangular shape and size makes it awkward to carry in the skimpy pockets the designers put in female garments. The runaround is light, has a pocket inside for the phone and space for my wallet. It has a light batting on the back to give it some substance and help protect the contents. It seems like a practical compromise to no purse at all. The color in the picture is a bit much for my taste, but I can see it in some more subtle shades. Am thinking to make some for Christmas presents, too.

post-818-0-90976600-1312208110_thumb.jpg

I am finally repairing a scale ship's model of 'The Dragon' which was a gift for my husband. Several of the little eye hooks that the shroud lines hook to came loose and were lost. I luckily had the original paperwork from the sale so was able to contact the company and ordered replacements. The stand needed some re-gluing too and I am waiting for it to dry before tackling the model it's self.

Will be making arrangements to pickup my latest acquisition, hopefully for Thursday or Friday this week. Will hopefully have lots of pictures!!!! I will have to find room to put it but it means finally finishing the reorganizing of my work space! I tire quickly so I can only work in short spurts. My summer cold seems to be winding down so hope I will have more energy be able to make the new eye surgery date.

We will be having contractors in tomorrow to do some insulation up in the attic and seal an area in a crawl space to hopefully help on energy efficiency. Another thing to deal with, Sigh!!!!!!!!

This week my son is finally getting the radioactive iodine to finish his thyroid cancer treatment. He was supposed to get the treatment the end of May but there's been a shortage of the stuff.

I should be more relaxed, but instead, the last few weeks I've been more tense about everything. He's fine, even through the past 3 weeks of a low iodine diet. If you like to eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies, you'd be ok on the diet, but he's a17 year old boy who likes pizza, tacos, cheese, cheeseburgers, chocolate, etc. He's been living on a diet made up mostly of my fresh baked Italian bread, beef and chicken, but it did the trick, got his iodine level way down.

The last few days I've checked and cleaned out the 500+ emails in one of my accounts, I've been doing inventory for New England Miniatures, ordered some new things, started sorting through my bookmarks. I think counting and sorting things is good for my stress level, until I can't stand to count or sort anything else.

Oh yeah, my son starts college end of August. He'll be moving to a dorm. It'll be just about 45 minutes away, and he can come home on weekends if he wants to. I hope he makes friends and doesn't want to come home too often. He really needs the companionship of people his own age, especially after what he's been through this year. I want him to have some fun in college.

post-3636-0-67127000-1312219957_thumb.jp

Well, I've been away for over a week...just came back and saw this site.Want to send Bev,Muriel and Grazhina's son Best Wishes

and continued Health! I was away because I was working on a Beach house for a Tag Sale for PAWPALS coming up in October.

Can't remember how to start an album..hopefully a couple of pictures will show up here...with the text....:whistle:

And,yes..I realize the furniture is too small-LOL!

post-3636-0-73126500-1312219930_thumb.jp

Well today and most of this last week I been getting over a terrible summer cold although did not stop me from yard sales on weekend!! I picked up some Dora Kuhn pieces and had to make the bedding for them!! So I thought I would share some pictures!post-5804-0-14786200-1312233006_thumb.jp

Muriel, we're moving 200 miles/ 330 km West of Havana; we can go driveway to driveway in under four hours with one rest stop and not pulling the camper. Today the painter showed up and put the first coat of coral over the lime green in the front bedroom. It'll take a second coat, but it already looks better! DH picked up the stove we bought last week from the ReStore, so I started cleaning it. After the painter left the electrician showed up and installed the chandelier (WOW) and the new ceiling fixture in our bedroom. Is the medication helping?

Kathie, your angel turned out SO great! One of my great hopes is to go back to the Walter Anderson shop in Ocean Springs and get one of their cicadas to hang on the wall beside the front door.

Llyn, your house is really cute.

Grazhe, I'm SO glad to hear your son is better! :hug:

Laundry,laundry and more laundry today! It's a good thing I enjoy it or I'd probably be stark raving mad by now :giggle: Plus regular house cleaning as well. That I do not enjoy, but the house needs it. We had a busy weekend with family making a surprise appearance and friends a scheduled one. Then there is always the dreaded, "What am I going to make for dinner?"

Sorry to have been awol for months everyone -- just been shuttling between work, wedding plans (a little over 2 months to go), and just one drama after another. Wasn't even able to touch my dollhouses (don't count the roombox turned cardbox). So have to say, reading everyone's entries about their projects sure makes me miss you all and the hobby! :(

BK and I trying to finish as much of our workload this week...just so we can do nothing this weekend. No wedding plans, not even visiting family and friends. Think the last 48 hours made us realize how much we've been running on reserves.

Our original pet rats started passing away since March, so it seems like almost every couple of weeks, we had to drive to the vet and have the doctor put each of our daughters down. Two weeks ago, we tearfully said goodbye to our first rescue CherBear. As of this evening, her cagemate Shallot will be following suit. Took her yesterday to the vet because she was looking miserable, and were told her tumor is basically growing to the point that it's pressing against her vital organs. We were told she'll probably live for a few more days, but she's in obvious pain.

I know it's tearing BK apart since Shallot is his most favorite of our female rats. Figured maybe having a "no-activity weekend" would be good for us...just staying in bed, holding each other, and just having a good cry from all the stress. :mellow:

Today the contractors are coming to start the energy improvement work and so we will be cleaning the closets and attic storage areas so they can access the areas above the ceiling and behind the knee walls on our second story to add additional insallation and foam board. There is one large dry crawl space under the mb that is a later addition that needs to be properly sealed as well. Estimated two days of chaos. I have cleaning ladies coming in on Thursday to deal with what ever needs doing afterwards. And somehow I have to organize my craft space so I have room for the Lawbre Chateau. This %$#&* cold has left me as weak as a kitten and little energy.

We need work done on the house but that just isnt in the budget right now.

Today I am going to make some rice pudding and I was thinking lasagna. Only Fred and I like it so I do not know why I am doing that..LOL I think I am in the mood for it and have to just quench that mood.

It is warm but not too bad. I need to go out tomorrow and pick some more blackberries for jam.

Daphne, I'm so sorry to hear about your pets. It's hard enough to loose a single pet but to loose one right after the other is horrible. I hope everything will start to level out for you and the stress gets relieved. :hug:

Daphne, sounds like a time out weekend is just what you need!

Meds seem to be doing the trick, haven't been in pain since taking them :) Will try a slightly lower head position tonight and see if it stays ok still.

I was having a bath and thought I'd really like some semolina. But took too long to get out of the bath, there's no point having some so close to bed, it wouldn't help my potential acid situation! So will have some tomorrow instead. Lasagna sounds good too... But need to eat freezer food for next two weeks before the move to empty it!

We've been looking at appliances for the house. Fridge and washing machine went with tennants so have to replace them, and there's no dishwasher, so while we're at it we thought we'd get one of them too. Really want a new stove/oven, but will wait until we've moved in for that. We'll need to remove a cupboard and ideally want dual fuel, but have to see if there's a gas line to the kitchen (and if not, how much it'd cost to install one!) Whoever designed the kitchen originally only left 46cm for the narrow stove, even slimline ones are 50cm! Our baking racks don't fit :p

The across-the-street neighbors' pastor is a housepaiinter on weekdays, and this afternoon he finished up the second coat of coral on the formerly lime green & white front bedroom. Thursday he's due back to start the kitchen/ dining area and utility room. DH & I are in total awe of the difference this gorgeous color makes! ASA we get the window covered & some furniture moved in I'll take an "after" picture.

We spent the AM checking out "scratch & dent" stores in Pensacola, only to find out there aren't any, any more; so tomorrow we're off to Foley, Fairhope & Daphne here in the county to check out the stores in the yellow pages.

We are also on the lookout for someone to crawl up into the attic area over the garage to lay about 3" of insulation, and then a roofer to remove the small dish from the corner of the roof over the master bathroom tub and repair the water damage in the attic & bathroom ceiling.

Oh wow Holly -- hope we can see pictures. The wall colors sound extremely yummy. :)

To Kabrina & Muriel -- thanks for the kind words. BK and I actually just returned from the vet after saying goodbye to our Shallot. The vet did another exam and reconfirmed the previous prognosis. So while that justified the decision, it was still difficult beyond belief. So thank you all for the kind messages and support.

Though we made the unfortunate mistake of having coffee in order to stay awake and alert enough for the drive home. Now it looks like we'll be staying up a few more hours before climbing to bed.

Daphne, I had to make that exact same decision for the exact same reasons for our 15 1/2 year old beagle and I made the mistake of holding her in my arms, seated on the floor, whilst the vet sent her over the Rainbow Bridge; I'm still not over it.

I forgot to mention that in our travels looking for new appliances that were not all bells & whistles we happened upon a furniture store that was new to us; no appliances, but truly gorgeous furniture (we're looking to buy NEW upholstered furniture for the livingroom) at fixed-income friendly prices!

been so busy with work and my Mother I havent had time for dollhouses..... rcleaning the house today... finishing up what I started yesterday.. stopping by the Hospital to drop off paperwork and paystubs for my mother for financial aid. They changed stuff around and lost all her paperwork, and are getting really snobby and I am about had with it all... one lady lied to her about helping her get medical so all this time she thought they were working n it to find out that noone knows anything about it.! FRUSTRATED beyond belief right now. One person says one thing and the next says something totally different. kids are getting ready to go back to school :( I dont like it when they go back, I have so much fun with them when they are home.!

Kellee, I'm so sorry you are still having all these troubles. It's SO frustrating.

Bureaucracy and red tape have got to be the worst nightmare.

It always comes on top of the stressful situation we are already dealing with.

I hope that things will calm down soon for you.

Maybe a tiny mini project like making a rug or a table for your bigger projects would help.

I love the quiet of the middle of the night or super early in the morning when everyone in the house is sleeping.

It's soothing to sip a cup of something hot and read or fiddle with a tiny thing. I know I get sleep deprived because of it but the stress relief helps more.

Hang in there. You are doing the best you can and you should feel good that you are doing what you are doing for your family.

Hugs