What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I'm doing the happy dance! The Game Warden just took Doug away!

Wolfie,

Good thing you explained about the photo shoot. LOL

rita

LOL, you sort of took the words out of my mind, but then again I do have a veeeery vivid imagination :lol: and Gina, I can understand your feelings!

Hugs

First of all...Ewww! I came home to a load of puke..cannot tell if it is cat or dog. Either somebody got into something or somebody fed somebody something...

I do not do puke. I will puke..I cleaned it off the carpet so it will not stain but the stuff on the floor is covered. Fred`s job. LOL I need to buy that stuff that dries it up. It is like a powder that is sold at pet stores.

Finished my swap items yesterday. I am dealing with the fall flare of FM. Pain pain oh did I mention Pain? There are days like this that I sometimes want to succumb to the dr offer for narcotic pain killer. I will not do it but it is so tempting sometimes.

Still fall cleaning. I have to clean and put away the yard furniture, disconnect the grill, empty and bleach out plant pots, and clean out the back patio for the scooter to reside this winter.

I made a nice bean soup for dinner. Veggie broth, paste, onion, garlic, cumin, spinach, diced potatoes, black beans, white beans, and kidney beans. Salt and pepper to taste.

Beans beans the magical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel. Beans Beans for every meal!

Beans beans the magical fruit. The more you eat the more you toot. The more you toot the better you feel. Beans Beans for every meal!

LOL!!!!

And awwww poor little furbaby huh?!? Hope it was good riddance (sp???) and now over and done with! I am with you on the "sympathy puke" sort of deal... As is hubby so we had that mutual agreement that first one seeing it had to deal with it, and guess who most often gets home prior to DH???? :welcome: Miss my furbaby loooots though eventhough it is almost three years since she passed the rainbow bridge.

As for beans, ROFL, we'll be having chili tomorrow, lot 'n lots of beans..... :D

Hugs

Just got home from work, enjoyed a nice lunch and i'm on my second cup of tea :welcome: i so look forward to the days i can get home early and have a nice cup of tea :D

i really really really want to work on the garfield and i'm glad i have the whole weekend off to enjoy doing so! i just received my front door today in the mail and did a dry fit. it is the perfect sized opening! i will just have to fill in the door corners as the top of this door is rounded. i really thought i was going to have to cut the opening wider. :)

We had to get out of the house or go mad today, so we went to the wilderness where Doug and the game warden went yesterday......drive down a narrow one-lane dirt road with a sheer drop on the right - and less than 10 miles from home look what I found! I have a ton more pictures! So beautiful there....it's the game warden's office....where he works 3 days a week in the summer in a pick up, in the winter on horseback or snowmobile. What a job! Bill is his name, and he's just fantastic!

Anyway it's a rugged place. All uphill and down, climbing and then sliding down......good road though....but scary.

That looks gorgeous, but I'll bet it's no fun to be out in it in mid-winter. I'll say prayers for Bill that he gets through it OK.

I went in to fill out paperwork to volunteer to he;p with the screenings in the schools and one of the forms was for a background check. I had one when I first went to work for the Health Department, and it took a month or more for them to get it back. The director wants to start the screenings 10/13. I told her if I have to have another background check, to just rip up the forms and I'll show up and do the vision/ hearing screenings on the QT!

I need two references and I was going to use the director and her clerk, since they're both former coworkers, and they said they were told I can't use them; so I'm using two other former coworkers; the current director of nurses and the IPO clerk. Honestly!

Tonight we went to the Farm Bureau annual meeting and they fed us free BBQ supper! Yum!

Love the pictures Gina!

Today is Friday so it is errand boy day for me..Nat and I woke up late (i forgot to turn on my alarm clock, she turned hers off) so we were scrambling to get her to school on time..Made it! Yeah!

Bank

Gas

Groceries

Farmer`s Market

Pumpkin shopping

Health food store

Bakery for italian bread

I defrosted a whole chicken for dinner today. Chicken, mashed potatoes, stuffing, and collard greens for dinner. I also have to fix the drippy faucet in the kitchen. I think I have to replace the screen. I hope that is what I have to fix. I have never delved into changing a complete faucet before. I know I could do it...just have never done it.

Change of dinner plans. Chicken will be for tomorrow. There was a nice tilapia at the grocery store for $3.99 a lb. I have panko so I will make a nice fish dinner tonite.

I am tired. I was able to get a white pumpkin today (49c lb) and another orange one. That is all Nat and I need for our Halloween pumpkin display this year.

Made a side trip to the used book barn and the post office...mailed out a goody to somebody. Not telling who.

Running everybody around is running me ragged. This is how the day goes. Up at 6:30am, leave to take Nat to school at 7:00am, house stuff (hehehe computer), leave at 2pm to take Fred to work, then drop Chelsea at work,(Nat walks home now) then home for more to-do stuff, cook dinner, 6pm pick up Chels from work, home, 11pm pick Fred up at work, bed.

And they wonder WHY i am so cranky lately...Hmmm. :banana:

I fixed a bucket of scrub water and went after the two Barbie houses today. I had no luck getting all the black Magic Marker off the bed (nail polish remover took a lot of it) and wound up painting over it with Testor's. I scraped off all the damaged decals. I'm going to re-dress a Barbie & a Ken and throw in a Kelly and call it ready for Toys for Tots.

The castle will take a bit more, the stickers were almost all damaged and need to come off. I found two furniture pieces to go with it in a different thrift store (in a different state!) and I spray painted the majority of the chair metallic, and will glue fabric over the "upholstered" areas. Then I have two dolls to re-dress to go with it.

They were both dusty, but I had missed the organic things growing on the Loving Family house; it all succumbed to antibacterial dishwashing liquid.

I also stitched on the 1:24 rug while watching TV movies (a real puppydog is a 1960 Irwin Allen version of Arthur Conan Doyle's "The Lost World", probably one of the last movies Claude Rains ever made (for good reason!); Michael Rennie was in it, and Fernando Lamas & David Hedison & Jill St John; NOTHING helped it!

I got home from work, fixed a cup of tea now i've been enjoying reading over threads. i was going to work on the garfield this evening but i think i'll take a shower, make dinner and enjoy a movie. :banana:

Well, Satruday "morning" or soon to be noon, in an hour or so, the weather is so-so as in a bit on the windy side and rain trickles now and again, so no gardening for me today, schucks! Have had a round of finishing the chores and reading around the forum so I think I will sneak in some time in the craft room after I have finished a chapter of the "must read prior to course" which is some of the laws considering the head master's role in the schooling system... Could be interesting LOL

Mr LE Arthur is talking a lot latley....

Hugs

If I can't convince DH we need to try riding the tandem a little bit I guess I'll work on scraping stickers off the Barbie castle. The chair turned out well, I hope I can find where I put the camera!lol

Well, Satruday "morning" or soon to be noon, in an hour or so

As you were writing that, it was almost 5am and I was still sleeping. That is a 7 hour difference..yes?

Chilly this morning. 46 deg F. Fred has the weekend off. We are going to take ACs out of windows and I am going to start the slow process of sealing off the windows (one at a time). I do not want to completely block off yet because we could get an Indian Summer before the end of the month.

There are 147 yard sales in the paper today. I KNOW I will be getting a phone call in about an hour from my friend. Fall cleaning or girl day? Hmmmm. I still need to find a table to put the Pomeroy onto.

I think that is about right Heidi as for the time difference LOL. We did have a nice turn in the weather earlier so we were ble to get to the chore of cutting down the plum tree that had been sort of knocked over during the last "storm" of sorts, so right now it looks like we have this giant slingshot thingy in the back.... But we did get branches cut down and thrown away which was soooo nice and now it is raining again... Talk about timing huh?!?

I have updated the Mr LE Arthur blog with a few interior shots as well... Nothing fancy but a peak of the furniture to be painted and dressed.

Hugs

Well today I had to work. Work 9-6:15 5 days a week, but every first saturday in the month I have to work saturday. And they do it that you have the day off after you've worked the saturday, so have to work 6 days in a row. Can't have monday off, but will hopefully try and get tuesday off. Anyway, rather tired now!And disappointed that I don't have two days off in a row :D

Anyway, looking forward to tomorrow being lazy and hopefully doing some mini-ing. Will have to figure out what to do with the front door in the Willow. It doesn't have a door frame anymore, though the actual door is still around. And might try and do the kitchen floor with the nice bargain tiles I got.

Does everyone have something fun to look forward to this weekend?

Muriel :p

Cleaning the kitchen.....airing out the smoke from the fire, picking through the mess the firemen made with their sprays! But happy that I have a new stove coming! Yeah! Never liked the JennAire anyway! LOL

Cleaning the kitchen.....airing out the smoke from the fire, picking through the mess the firemen made with their sprays! But happy that I have a new stove coming! Yeah! Never liked the JennAire anyway! LOL

What did I miss? Your stove caught fire???? :p

Dreary rainy Sunday..bummer.

I am going to take the AC out of Natalie`s room today (did Chelsea`s yesterday). I dragged out all the extra comforters that we use for winter. Going to wash and dry them. I was hoping it was nice like yesterday..I wanted to hang them out to dry. I could wait until Tuesday but we are needing them at night more now.

I bought some of those huge ziploc bags so next year I will pack them in those so they will stay fresh.

Will clean the livingroom and I want to really re-arrange (and dust) the MHM for my new Deb Bed. I think since it is such a icky day and I am in the mood..I am going to finish the kids bedroom upstairs (needs flooring) and attach the last roof piece.

That will mean I have actually technically finished the house!

Going to make French Lentil soup or Acorn Squash soup today..have to figure out which I want.

Another rainy day today! We need it so i won't complain. I plan to work on the Garfield some and do some work in the basement (going thru boxes of stuff). I can't believe how fast this weekend is going. back to work tomorrow but i get tuesday off.