What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

We've started hauling home the stuff we've had in storage since we moved here im summer -10 so soon atleast I will habe the totes and boxes of my craft room under the same roof :D not that I will have room to unbox everything but the will be here....

Hugs

I was almost late for a doctor's appointment due to my mid-year performance evaluation (due back in July) this morning. My job is secure for the time being. The news wasn't so good for the high-level staff layoffs that occurred yesterday (big sigh of relief).

After my P.T. appointment this afternoon I met up with one of the Executive VP's from where I used to work (until today).

I got a bit lost Jeremy, does that mean you didn't keep your job in the end?

I turned on our outside Christmas lights yesterday. Had blue ones up, but wanted some multicoloured ones too, so bought a new string this year. The blue ones will definitely have to be replaced for next year, they're very dim and at least a third of the string doesn't light up! I shall have to look out for some in the sales.

Was hoping to get the fairfield done for Christmas, but got stuck on window and door trim and think it'll now have to be for next year! May decorate it as a work in progress, as if they're building/renovating still too :p

Anna, must be nice to get all your things in to the same place again :)

Oh, Anna, you've been so much more patient than I!

DH had signed us up to spend four nights at a membership/ time share type local RV resort on the Styx River starting yesterday, so he took the RV out of the shop (we were supposed to be getting a new gray water holding tank to replace the one that leaks). We failed to crawl up under the camper to notice that all the drain plug caps had been removed (to drain all the water so the pipes wouldn't freeze) and it came to our attention once we were on the site, had leveled the camper, let out the slideout, hooked up the electric and were hooking up the water... Being Sunday there was no way to contact the shop to get the caps, and no one had any that fit. So we came home, brought everything back into the house and now DH has to get back up with the RV shop to see when we can bring it back in. Oh, and we had left them my key so they could keep it locked when they weren't needing to get in, and it's lost.

Muriel, read "Will Paralegal for Food".

• Like 1

I thought you were going to be able to keep your job Jeremy.........I am confused also......I hope I didn't say anything wrong!!

Well, the tree is still standing but I have a bunch of cleaning up to do after the weekend. I am done decorating.

Making this short today, I have a migraine still and I need to clean. Have a good one!

The new Habitat for Humanity ReStore in Robertsdale is open and after the pressure washer man showed up and started on our house, and the contractor was back to work on trenching for the wiring and plumbing to the workshop, we piled into the car and headed over there. As expected, they had a brand new utility sink, perfect for the shop. We hit a couple of our favorite thrift stores and lunch spot, picked up the tap and plumbing parts for the sink we didn't have, hit the sale books at the library and came on home.

I thought you were going to be able to keep your job Jeremy.........I am confused also......I hope I didn't say anything wrong!!

Well, the tree is still standing but I have a bunch of cleaning up to do after the weekend. I am done decorating.

Making this short today, I have a migraine still and I need to clean. Have a good one!

Roxy, hope you feel better soon. :hug:

• Like 1

Muriel and Roxy,

I was laid off on Friday. I had my performance evaluation early Wednesday morning. In the text message my former boss sent this past weekend, he stated that he knew my position (not just my job) was being considered for a reduction in force, but thought his argument for keeping the department's current staffing levels had been heard. That is why the impression I got from him was a positive one. It was later that afternoon when he got word of the executive's decision. He was still hopeful they would halt the layoffs on Friday, but heard what happened after the fact.

My job search was on hold today due to a test. I don't know what the difference is between an ulcer and "non-bleeding erosive gastropathy", but I have the latter in my stomach. Whatever that is, it might have something to do with the 25 pounds I've lost in the past 3 weeks. If I can loose 40 more before this thing resolves itself, I'll be back to my ideal weight. Personally, I'd rather have gone gym route, but this works too. :p

Muriel and Roxy,

I was laid off on Friday. I had my performance evaluation early Wednesday morning. In the text message my former boss sent this past weekend, he stated that he knew my position (not just my job) was being considered for a reduction in force, but thought his argument for keeping the department's current staffing levels had been heard. That is why the impression I got from him was a positive one. It was later that afternoon when he got word of the executive's decision. He was still hopeful they would halt the layoffs on Friday, but heard what happened after the fact.

My job search was on hold today due to a test. I don't know what the difference is between an ulcer and "non-bleeding erosive gastropathy", but I have the latter in my stomach. Whatever that is, it might have something to do with the 25 pounds I've lost in the past 3 weeks. If I can loose 40 more before this thing resolves itself, I'll be back to my ideal weight. Personally, I'd rather have gone gym route, but this works too. :p

40 pounds is a lot on top of the 25 already gone. Please be careful . . . .

Jeremy, I am so very sorry that happened to you! I just got back to this thread or I would have answered yesterday. About the rapid weight loss...be careful ok?
I lost a lot because I was sick for over a year and didn't know it. I am not a very big person and I lost so much I looked and felt awful. I will be thinking about you and sending healing thoughts your way!

Kat, I tried to LIKE your post and a few other people's posts and I keep getting an error message...........so consider your comments LIKED....LOL :p

• Like 1

I went to a P.T. appointment this morning, registered at Florida Works (a state sponsored job resource center) to see if there were any relevant job listings and checked with the local indy repair shop about replacing the coolant in my motorcycle. There weren't any paralegal jobs listed in Gainesville, but that doesn't mean there aren't any available.

After attempting to access the coolant reservoir on my bike last weekend, I thought I would need to remove the exhaust pipes to get to it. Fortunately, I was wrong, but I will need to remove the fuel tank, which isn't as bad.

40 pounds is a lot on top of the 25 already gone. Please be careful . . . .

Apparently I've lost closer to 30 lbs. so far, but I can spare it. If I lose another 40 I'll be 135, about right for my frame. I didn't weigh more than 105 through college, so no worries.

I am soooooo upset!!!!!!! I went to the store, bought new cookie sheets, ingredients to make some cut out cookies......easy peasy........right??? NOPE!

I forgot to figure on the altitude although I am not sure how to do that on cookies. I looked on the internet but the only instructions I could find were for cakes so I did that. I ended up with paper thin, weird looking cookies with holes all through them. What the??????????? All in the trash!!! I guess I have to do more research I never had that happen before. I did check the ingredients to make sure I had everything added properly. Ok I am done hopping up and down ranting about my failed cookies!!!! :bye2:

• Like 1

Well, I spent the day working through 2 of the 4 pounds of butter my sweet husband brought home making cookies. Spritz, scrumptious, and chocolate peanut butter. I used all of my pecans in the scrumptious cookies so I couldn't do the pumpkin spice or pecan sandies. Scrumptious cookies are what someone called them after I made them one time. It's essentially an oatmeal cookie with chocolate chips. The secret is you put the oatmeal in the blender before you add to the batter. Guess it makes it like oat flour? I don't really care what it's called because they are amazing!

Roxy, my MIL ran into the same problem with her recipes when they moved to the mountains of NC. Try here http://www.kingarthurflour.com/ They have tons of amazing recipes, and a wonderful thing called the Baker's Hotline which has answers all kinds of questions including ones about high altitude baking

• Like 1

Bit behind on the forum posts, so thanks for the link Holly. Jeremy, sorry to hear that outcome, but will have fingers crossed for you and a speedy re-employment :)

I've got a big baby with a temperature and cough (though she's had that for a couple weeks now) and a little baby being kept as far away as possible (not very far when needing to cuddle a big baby too most of the time!) Hoping it is just a quick thing, Nursery said there was a virus doing the rounds.

It is Chris' birthday on Thursday. His parents are coming for raclette dinner tomorrow night (with victoria sponge cake birthday cake), we'll have birthday dinner Thursday just our little family, my family are coming for slow cooked pulled bbq pork on Friday (with pavlova birthday cake) and on Saturday we're all (plus a few friends) going out for buffet chinese dinner. Not a bad extended birthday, huh?

• Like 2

Talking of baking, I'm in advent baking mode: I made dozens of chocolate snickerdoodles (rolled in powdered sugar rather than cinnamon sugar), something called zimtsterne (cinnamon stars) but I just made rounds, christmas cake cupcakes and a large cake, and still haven't made the traditional advent star butter biscuits/cookies yet. Tomorrow I'll have to bake that cake for dessert, and Friday the pavlova... Hopefully the babies will cooperate! I'm looking forward to decorating the advent stars with Natasha (we'll do lots of other shapes too).

I am soooooo upset!!!!!!! I went to the store, bought new cookie sheets, ingredients to make some cut out cookies......easy peasy........right??? NOPE!

I forgot to figure on the altitude although I am not sure how to do that on cookies. I looked on the internet but the only instructions I could find were for cakes so I did that. I ended up with paper thin, weird looking cookies with holes all through them. What the??????????? All in the trash!!! I guess I have to do more research I never had that happen before. I did check the ingredients to make sure I had everything added properly. Ok I am done hopping up and down ranting about my failed cookies!!!! :bye2:

Oh, Roxy, there's nothing sadder than a failed cookie :(

Of course, I usually refer to them as "hide-em's" and eat them, thus effectively hiding the less than perfect cookies from everyone. And enjoying them too! Nom, nom, nom.... :)

I took cranberry-orange relish and some of my no-guilt cheddar biscuit bites (mine bite back because, like DH's cheese straws, they have a touch of cayenne pepper in them) to our AL hiking group's Christmas party tonight.