What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Visited the hair dresser today and she talked me into colour the hair a little, and I like it I think LOL, nothing drastic at all, just a warmer darker tone than it is originally so that feels allright.

Other than that most of the things are prepared for tomorrow when the course start, DH is going to prep the GPS for me as I think that is needed as I have never driven in the area the course is held... (I think he feels sooooo much secure knowing that I get directions to the exakt location LOL)

Hugs

Anna, you would have enjoyed the speaker at our canoe & kayak club meeting last night, he talked about maps, charts and GPS units.

We had one First Grade class left to do after lunch and one of the other volonteers who knows how to do the vision screen with the device I'd been using showed up, so I left early and cooked lunch for DH & me, and took a NAP!

I'm thinking of fresh pork steaks, pan-grilled, with roasted redskin potatoes and collard greens for supper.

mmmm holly, pork steaks!

well, i'm home from work, trying to type and not fall asleep! one more day then i'll spend all weekend on my Garfield! i can't wait until payday next wednesday, i really am at the stage of needing to do the siding! so i hope to get siding this need week! and i need to decide on a paint color.

Hi, Marg, I'm really "into" feeling tired! I haven't "worked" since retiring over four years ago, and screening kids' vision all day, even for four straight hours, is more than these old bones are used to on a daily basis. Even when we do a 40-mile bike ride or a 10-mile paddle, we rest up the very next day!lol

How long is your job going to last Holly? I do not want to go back to work! I refuse to go back to work! I would have to be dragged kicking and screaming back to my old job....no thank you! I love being retired! Some call it retarded, but if I never had to leave the house again, it would be OK with me.......

Other than that, I've been working on dolls, minis, and scrolling - note no housework.....and the house shows it! LOL

I made myself available when we're home until the screenings are finished. My poor supervisor friend has underestimated how much time it'll take because she didn't realize that in addition to not getting any of the kids until after "Open Court" after 1000, the grades older than Kindergarten have to be in math classes from 1400 until school finishes at 1530. I'll help out for all five days next week, if I'm able, and then we're leaving a week from Monday for a couple of days camping at Manatee Springs on our way to Hillsborough River State Park and the annual Paddlers' Rendezvous the following weekend. Then we're off to Little Manatee River State Park to spend a couple of days visiting DH's momma, and up the East Coast on our way home to find my cousin I haven't seen in over 40 years. Then we're off to spend Thanksgiving spoiling two grandbabies (still waiting for the new one to put in his appearance), so probably not more than two weeks in a row at any time.

Holly I do think I would have enjoyd that talk! The GPS made it easy as pie to get to the conference centre, wonderfully situated in the woods close to a lake and gorgeous view while driving there... We had a great day as well, slightly tired right now, but content so to speak... Hoping for some sun tomorrow as we need to get the hedge trimming done and would love to do that tomorrow so that I can fiddle a little with the minis after that, hopefully even get the trims and mouldings in place in one of the rooms in the LE Arthur, hopefully if I can meet up with my MIL who has a few of the things I need for that.

Hugs

Oh it has been such a long tough week at work! And there's nothing I can put my finger on it that made it such hard work, but every day I've come home so tired. Colleagues at work also thought it was exceptionally tough, but also couldn't say why. We were busy, but not the busiest we've been, noone was on holiday, just can't put our fingers on it!

I am very happy for this weekend to come :) I'm really looking forward to a lie in tomorrow, and hopefully lots of mini-ing too. Got shutters to paint, and wainscotting to do too. Going to start the weekend with a treat I hope. We have a charity shop chain in the UK that do a dollhouse range too. There's a shop in my village, so I'm going to see if they have a nice kitchen range for me, and maybe also a sofa set.

Muriel :rofl:

Today I was able to get around without the cane, but I kept it in reach. After breakfast we hopped into the truck and puttered off to the part of the St Mark's River spanned by a bridge along US98 and launched our kayaks and paddled upstream ahead of the incoming tide until the current downstream became so strong to paddle against I could feel the muscles in my right hip & leg, about 4.5-5 miles, so I turned around & let the downstream current carry me back until I had to paddle against the rising tide, which was no big deal.

Afterwards DH took us out for blackened shrimp sandwich plates.

heading to art camp for a week in Marion NC on monday, so gotta pack, do laundry, and make lots of notes for the guys so they can ignore them all week.

Today at work the hours just dragged! Lot's of needy and rude library patrons. Maybe the rain soured tempers. I did storytime this morning for 7 tiny children (the oldest was 4)who acted sooo much better than a number of adults have :wave:

I finished Grayson's dress last night, so I'll do the touch-up blocking after breakfast and put it with Baby Boy's stuff.

It's an "off" day for the 'Gators and the Seminoles played during the week, so not sure whether I'll find a good football game. If I get tired of stitching on that pesky little 1:24 rug I have a former Princess Leia doll that I can begin the crossstitched front panel of her new dress.

Fred and I went to breakfast yesterday at a new place.

I had THE best omelet. I just had to share. It had avocado, bacon, tomato and Monterey Jack cheese. It was a toss up between that or Pumpkin Walnut pancakes.

It is in the upper 40s this morning and it really isnt cold in the house. I think the combo of the new roof and my meticulous sealing of cracks and crevices has really done the trick. I would usually be freezing my booty off sitting here at the computer. Not today.

I have more windows to cover this weekend. And if it does not rain, I want to cut some more spent perennials and bag them.

Well I had a good lie in! then caught up on the forum a bit while Chris re-watched some Heroes. Then I got him to come out with me to the charity shop. They didn't have the kitchen I wanted in stock, but I did get the sofa set and also a bathroom set. We then went to a local cafe run by the community church and had a great cooked breakfast (well brunch really as it was 1pm by the time we got there!)

Now he's back to watching Heroes, and I'm contemplating my afternoon. Think I'll find a film to put on my laptop while I paint in the hobby room (really the spare bedroom!)

I'm disaster-proofing the house as much as possible before I leave monday. This is the fourth year I've headed up to the art workshop. The guys can fend for themselves on bachelor-chow and nibble kibbles while I'm gone. Oldest son is actually a very good cook, so they won't starve. Youngest son will have a refresher course in 'laundry' today and tomorrow...and he's very willing and able to do it. Jim has headed to the Silver Center to replace some of the display shelves. I'm going to haul down my suitcase from the attic and start packing. Considering the economy, I feel sort of guilty about going, but it is to sharpen marketable skills (in theory), it isn't a 'spa' (though rustic and beautiful and they serve good solid family style meals), and we'd prepaid for it months ago. I'll be working in jeans and sweatshirt in the drawing studio. The weather is supposed to be lovely after today and very cool. Last year most of the week had been warm and foggy and the sun didn't break through until friday. It felt odd to be totally socked in by the mist on top of a mountain. The year before it was snowing when we arrived...just never know! I've got a few minis to work on during free time. I've store lots of small kits of furniture and garden stuff that can be completed with just a small tool kit, so that will be nice to have on hand. Also have some beautiful blue lace weight yarn to start a new knitted shawl.

Hello? Is anybody out there??

LOL

I am all ALONE. Nat is out with friends to a music thing, Chelsea is out with friends to an art thing, and Fred is at work. I have the computer, apple cider, and a antipasto salad all to myself (well, Perla is here but she cannot carry on a conversation).

Hehe, that sounds good Heidi!

I'm briefly 'out there'. Been painting my shutters this evening (lots of coats and drying time) and just finished the template for one of the rooms. I want to do it half wainscotting and half wallpaper, but it also has 3 windows and a fireplace, so had to figure out where to cut out spaces for them. Think I've got it now. Also did a template of the floor: hope to do that with wood about an inch around the outside and carpet in the centre. We'll see tomorrow whether that'll work!

I lost track of time til Chris said 'are you getting tired?' 'a little' 'its 11:45!' and suddenly I realised how tired I actually was :giggle:

So it is off to bed now. Think I'll be up about 8 in time for the grand prix in the morning.

Night night all, hope you have a fun evening still! Enjoy the antipasto Heidi, sounds yummy

Muriel :giggle:

Today is a short work day for me. After 1 this afternoon, I will be back to working on the Glencroft. I have redone the walls and floor in the kitchen and still have a few touch ups to do. Also, there is the issue of the window trim. I have not decided if I will put in on or not. Once I pull the painters tape off of the window area, I will see how it looks without. My first attempt on the main wall was to use paper clay and the carve out some stones. Well, the first covering left some areas with cracks and there was some major shrinking. So, I slapped on another layer of paper clay. After it dried, I noticed that it had pulled away from the wall. When I went to physically check it out, the entire piece came off. I just sat there...looking at it. Hubby just shook his head. I just got up and grabbed the container of spackle and went to town. I guess I should have went with the spackle in the first place because the other two walls and the floor turned out really nice. So, I have decided to leave the paper claying to Tracy and join Holly in the spackle department!