What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Im a Grandma again...after 18 hr and emergency c-section our beautiful Catriona gave us Antonio Javier 7lbs 9oz 20" long

he has his fathers eyes and his papaws NOSE! what a cutie...we couldnt be happier for the new addition.....

I also have finally cleaned the Marquam Hill out of all the stuff that was crammed in there for storage and the move....and I have made it through all the totes of

STUFFS and have utilized clear plastic shoe boxes to sort the stuff back into....so far I have found 9 xacto's...sigh...slowly I am getting organised and will be able to start a project...

Ive done a few more things to Pixie's Monster High Castle and gave her a few of the goodies I found while sorting...

and all the while I nurse my knee that keeps giving me issues....

I would add a photo but I dont remember how :badmood:

:banana:

• Like 3

Im a Grandma again

I also have finally cleaned the Marquam Hill out of all the stuff that was crammed in there for storage and the move.

:banana:

Congratulations Memaw! And I have faith that you can do the MHM justice!

• Like 1

Yesterday was sweltering but today it is absolutely gorgeous. Cool with the sun. Breeze coming in. I am working hard on Spring cleaning before that heat comes back.

Congrats Nutti!! I'll be envious of all that snuggle time - nothing like fuzzy little newborn heads cradled in your neck.

• Like 1

Hooraahh.... :banana: ...while sorting stuffs it accured to me I had not seen Catriona's box of furniture...so I went looking in my big rubbermaid container full of furniture and HOM kits and what did I find? her furniture and my GLUE FLOWER supplies....super excited....also found my paper clay tools....so I am feeling urges....

ooooooo and more hutches so that brings my total count to 23.... :bear:

I still have the small rolling drawers to go through...I have a big box of stuff that is being tossed...I am so excited about being in an organised work area!

with lots of light....

going to get snuggle time with the baby on Thursday....

• Like 3

Congrats on the new baby, Nutti! Love those kind of brand-new mini most of all. And also hurray for finding your supplies!

I'm getting ready for my youngest son's birthday this Sunday, 14 already! Just a low-key thing. He wants to eat at a certain restaurant,and he has a super long birthday list that I have been doing my e-bay best to fill. Hopefully the box from Texas gets here before Sunday!

• Like 1

Congratulations, Nutti! Blow a tummy raspberry on little Antonio for me. And double congratulations on finding your glue flower supplies!

Yesterday I finally got to go tour Bellingrath Gardens; the weather was perfectly gorgeous. It's probably one of the newest gardens we've toured. Here's a few of the things we saw: http://images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=A0SO8oZFVHNT61kAM4JXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0cmU0Ymt0BHNlYwNzYwRjb2xvA2dxMQR2dGlkA1ZJUDM3MF8x?_adv_prop=image&fr=mcafee&va=bellingrath+gardens#index=srp

Afterwards we stopped at a couple of the thrift stores we discovered on a previous trip through Mobile, on US90, and I located a Decorating & Crafts Ideas from 1981 with an article about doing faux finishes in mini. We stopped at Felix's Fish Camp Grill on the causeway for supper and then attended out Alabama Hiking Trail meeting at Five Rivers Delta Resouce Center. One of the little screech owls and the flying squirrel didn't survive the winter, and the black snake that was so curious and friendly is gone, but the new resident of its tank is much larger and yas white encircling bands alternating with dark bronze and remained totally inert beneath its wood chips; but they have a new red ratsnake that was much more gregarious.

• Like 1

I would add a photo but I dont remember how

If it's okay, I'll do it for you. I can get one of the pics from your FB page (one without the older kids) and post it here for you. He's sooooooooooooooo cute! Cat looks sublimely happy too and who wouldn't be with such a sweetheart in her arms. But there must be some kind of mistake because I swear it was just yesterday that you were posting about a brand new Pixie! They grow up way too fast.

Susanne, my heart is with you right now because I know how very, very difficult it is to make the decision to sever ties with your family. I did the same thing a little over ten years ago for very similar reasons......my mother is abusive/mentally ill and my brother molested me for years with her knowledge. I left home when I was 17 and only kept contact with my family for my Dad's sake but when Alzheimer's was taking his mind ten years ago, he knew what was happening and we said our goodbyes over the phone. I've never talked to my mother or brother since then. I got a voice mail from my brother when my Dad died two years ago but I have no idea where he's even buried. It's horrible when the people who are supposed to love you the most are the ones who hurt you the most..........I think the biggest portion of the grief is for what should have been, not what happened. So my heart is truly with yours and I wish that I could be there to share a hug and a good cry with you. Mainly, I just want to tell you that you did the right thing. It took a lot of courage and you went thru a lot of heartbreak to get to this decision, but it's the right one for you and that's what matters. If Ray is reading this over your shoulder, he's nodding in agreement because he also understands how very precious you are. You deserve to be treated with respect and shown love in a proper way. I'm proud of you for taking this step dearest.

We've been having wind storms the past couple of days which may or may not be the cause of a massive fibro and arthritis flare. Yesterday I put myself into a medically induced coma and slept for 12 hours on and off just to try to ride it out. I felt well enough this morning to go out and fill the bird feeders and baths, water the plants and still had enough energy to pot four new plants before the winds got too bad. After that I sprayed down the patio and gravel enough to settle the dust and called it a day. I'm back in my nightgown and under the covers but at least I got something done so I feel better about the day. I have cycles like this on and off so it's nothing out of the ordinary, just annoying when I want to do something besides lie in bed like a slug. At least I don't have to worry about dinner tonight. Bruce has a late meeting with some of the corporate execs who are in town and they're going out to dinner afterwards so it's just me and the cats. They said we should nap all day again and that's probably the best idea they've had so far. You should always listen to your cats.

• Like 3

yes feel free to post a pic....

he is tooo precious....and yes it was only yesterday(9yrs) that I was posting pics of Miss Pixie....

who is still nannie's girl but our cuddle time is lacking since she has gotten "to big" for sugs(snif)

today I have to put back into the box all the furniture I took out of the box....sigh...

Dean announced last night that he thinks we should seriously think on moving one more time....so next yr around this time

we will be doing the move thing...Amanda and the kids plan on staying with us so one more bedroom is needed and a POOL!! yes this nut is tired of being without

a real pool. Tempe or Chandler is looking good to us....

:peace:

• Like 1

yes feel free to post a pic.... he is tooo precious..

... Dean announced last night that he thinks we should seriously think on moving one more time....so next yr around this time

we will be doing the move thing...

Nutti, looks like you should find some nails and stick that man's shoes to the floor !!!! Guys have no concept of what moving is like for us gals. It totally disrupts our nesting instincts.

Can't wait to see pics of your sweet little one. Hope you or Deb get us one soon. I'm a big old sap for newborn babes.

As to putting a pic in a post, you can do it via the little link button - 9th button from the left on the second row - looks like a piece of chain with a green thingy on it. Copy the URL from where your pic is and paste it in that box after you highlight a word in the post. Voila we can click to see the pic. Under more reply options, you can do the full upload from your computer file using the browse button. You could also start an album of grandkids and upload directly into the album. Then use the My Media button to link them into the post. That's the cheapest way - as in it doesn't use up your space allotment if you link from your album.

I can't seem to remember who goes with who as far as your grandkids go. If you don't mind, can you hitch up your kids with the grandkids for me please? Thanks. (Sorry - These things happen when you get old ya know.)

If it's okay, I'll do it for you. I can get one of the pics from your FB page ...

We've been having wind storms the past couple of days which may or may not be the cause of a massive fibro and arthritis flare. ....

Deb, take good care of yourself. We need you back in one piece as soon as this blows over. And YES, gets pics of that sweetie for us, asap!!

Nutti...Double congratulations......one for becoming "Grandma" and second finding all of your flower supplies.

:bear:

What she said :) (Gail)

I'm also sorry about the constant moving :( Hopefully next time you will get to settle in.

As for severing ties with families...I have the world's greatest family. My husband does not. I live both sides of that coin. Do not ever, and I mean ever, feel guilty if you quit calling someone family that you would not call friend.

• Like 3

yes feel free to post a pic....

he is tooo precious....and yes it was only yesterday(9yrs) that I was posting pics of Miss Pixie....

who is still nannie's girl but our cuddle time is lacking since she has gotten "to big" for sugs(snif)

today I have to put back into the box all the furniture I took out of the box....sigh...

Dean announced last night that he thinks we should seriously think on moving one more time....so next yr around this time

we will be doing the move thing...Amanda and the kids plan on staying with us so one more bedroom is needed and a POOL!! yes this nut is tired of being without

a real pool. Tempe or Chandler is looking good to us....

:peace:

Oh Lynette, I am SO going to try to lure you to Maricopa. Seriously, even if I didn't have ulterior motives about how cool it would be to have you in the same town, there's a lot to be said for our little city, especially if you have kids. The biggest perk is the cost of living is waaaaaaaaaaaay cheaper than Phoenix, Tempe, or Chandler. We're paying several hundred less for this huge house than we did for one half its size in Denver and I don't have to deal with the city and pollution or anything else. I did a lot of research on where to live before we moved here and Maricopa was by far the most affordable. There are great schools, lots of family friendly things like the new rec center and water park, the city parks with fishing ponds, baseball fields, tennis courts, swimming pools, and anything else a family might like to do, and a big family entertainment complex on the Res with laser tag, bowling, and a multiplex cinema. And it would be easy for Dean to get to since we're not that far off of I-10, especially if he's coming in on the southern truck route. In fact, there's a big cement plant outside of town (there may be two of them actually) and they're always looking for drivers. Am I making it sound good yet? <grinning>

Here's the picture of Lynette's new mini with his mama, Catriona. Sweetest thing I've seen in ages. Nutti, your daughter is beautiful and the baby is so sweet. You must be on top of the world!

post-329-0-25484000-1400170738_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Hooraahh.... :banana: ...while sorting stuffs it accured to me I had not seen Catriona's box of furniture...so I went looking in my big rubbermaid container full of furniture and HOM kits and what did I find? her furniture and my GLUE FLOWER supplies....super excited....also found my paper clay tools....so I am feeling urges....

ooooooo and more hutches so that brings my total count to 23.... :bear:

I still have the small rolling drawers to go through...I have a big box of stuff that is being tossed...I am so excited about being in an organised work area!

with lots of light....

going to get snuggle time with the baby on Thursday....

I had a feeling you would find that box. - Congratulations on the baby!

Susanne, my heart is with you right now because I know how very, very difficult it is to make the decision to sever ties with your family. I did the same thing a little over ten years ago for very similar reasons......my mother is abusive/mentally ill and my brother molested me for years with her knowledge. I left home when I was 17 and only kept contact with my family for my Dad's sake but when Alzheimer's was taking his mind ten years ago, he knew what was happening and we said our goodbyes over the phone. I've never talked to my mother or brother since then. I got a voice mail from my brother when my Dad died two years ago but I have no idea where he's even buried. It's horrible when the people who are supposed to love you the most are the ones who hurt you the most..........I think the biggest portion of the grief is for what should have been, not what happened.

Deb your story brought tears to my eyes. I sincerely believe the saying what doesn't kill us makes us stronger, but I think you touched upon something when you said you think "the biggest portion of the grief is for what should have been, not what happened." We can recover from most painful events, but I think we often ache for something we never had and is missing in our lives.

It is painful to lose people we love, but the good memories of them bring peace and help us heal. On the other hand, I think it hurts more to lose someone who was never the person you needed him/her to be and whose relationship can never be mended. In those cases it is best to move on, but not without the support of others. I don't think we were meant to experience life (the good or the bad) alone.

Okay, here we go. Lawson graduates tomorrow. MIL is coming in town, and Anslee is coming home for a day. Did I mention our house has been under renovation since February? Including Anslee's room, guest room, bathroom, all have no floor or finished walls. We had new floors put in all upstairs, so we're trying to still get everything put together. Did I mention I have company coming tomorrow? With no place to sleep. And to make it more fun, the workers will be here tomorrow when everyone arrives.

Saturday is Brennen's birthday. I've been trying real hard not to let either graduation or birthday stuff fall through the cracks.

Sunday is dinner and party at mama's. MIL leaves Monday, Brennen's awards are Monday night, then I think we can catch our breath!

Lawson starts his first job on the 27th. It's a summer job, but that's perfect since he'll be going to college in the fall.

Did I mention I have company coming tomorrow with my house inside out and no where to sleep? And I'm sitting here on my phone...

• Like 2

Breathe, Tracy, breath!

At times like this I tell myself that in 24 or 36 or 72 hours it will be history. What will happen will have happened. And funny how stuff seems to work itself out whether we fret about it or not. Everybody will find a soft spot to sleep. (I once took a pillow and comforter into a friend's bathtub and spent a very cozy night.) And the parties will be great fun. :D

• Like 2

Breathe, Tracy, breath!

At times like this I tell myself that in 24 or 36 or 72 hours it will be history. What will happen will have happened. And funny how stuff seems to work itself out whether we fret about it or not. Everybody will find a soft spot to sleep. (I once took a pillow and comforter into a friend's bathtub and spent a very cozy night.) And the parties will be great fun. :D

DH & I have been known to bed down on a floor, especially a carpeted one.

Breathe, Tracy, breath!

Thanks Kathie! We will make it. May is always hard. I was really hoping to have the bedrooms finishes, especially since MIL is paying for everything, but oh well. I think she will sleep in Brennen's bed. I thought we could pull off letting Anslee sleep in her room with some cleaning. But yesterday a toilet appeared. And we just got the sink out last week. So I guess she'll sleep on the sofa in the room Brennen usually hangs out in. And Brennen... Well, he's a teenage boy... We have another sofa. And Anslee will be home only one night because she has to work Saturday.

DH & I have been known to bed down on a floor, especially a carpeted one.

We just pulled up all our carpet and put down laminate floors in the entire upstairs last month. Which is a lot of the reason for my big mess in the house.

Y'all are right, it'll all be good. :)

• Like 2

My favorite saying to myself is "This too shall pass".

My next one to chide myself is "In the light of eternity, what difference does this (insert issue) make? If it doesn't make any difference in the light of eternity, let it go. If it does, get busy!"

• Like 2