What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thank you for the well wishes and thoughts! Must have been that that kept my voice through the presentation that went real well, phew!!! Got sort of creative using the whiteboard to put emphasis on a few things instead of the voice....

Back home again, relaxing and have some catching up to do I see LOL. Yucky weather, snowy rain slush on the road home but now it is mostly just rain which is bleugh as well.

Hugs

We came tearing along I85 from just outside Spartanburg to where it intersected with US441 and then headed down to Athens, picked up US129 and took that to Macon, and spent the night at the first interchange to the S, at Byron, GA. Today we rode I75 to Cordele, stopped to shop their Habitat for Humanity store (found some good stuff!) and then found a direct route home that went through Sylvester & Camilla, GA. We wound up having to detour down US19 to Meigs because the Huddle House, our usual coffee stop on this route, was closed; but Meigs is a straight shot through Cairo to US 27 & Havana! Now I'm washing clothes.

Our visit with Gayle & her hubby was great fun, but y'all who have met other miniaturists already know what nice people they are!

I bought paint today. I got the color that my brother has, it's really pretty. Then I went and did a little christmas shopping. Mostly for wrapping paper and stuff. Bought a new purse and pair of work shoes. Went to the liquor store for some wine...I think that is it. Oh and went to Wal-mart to take some old negatives in to be reprinted. It was a busy day. i'm bushed now! lol....too late to take a nap but i sure feel like i need one. Gotta put away the laundry, I didn't get that done on sunday. I have to work the next 4 days in a row unfortunately. This weekend i'll work on painting my family room again. At least I know I really like the way this color looks after it's been on the walls.

Nearly 5 pm and I'm nowhere near finished with the wrapping. There was a mechanical problem with the radiation table, so Lloyd's treatment wasn't over until 3:30 instead of 2 pm. He's now sleeping and I'm reluctantly reaching for the paper and scissors once again.

It's stock up the larder day, plus getting DH ready for his campling trip this weekend. Our paddling club is getting together at Suwanee River State Park and I have acquired an intestinal "bug", probably the last day we were screening, or possibly last Tuesday running errands in town. He couldn't get an RV-sized site, so he'll be taking the tent, and in my condition we don't think I'm up for it, even without the paddling!

So I shall work on dressing 1:6 Liam and knitting a pinafore for Miss G and starting a doll commission.

Holly, I hope the dreaded lurgy leaves you soon. And Deana, I hope the surgery doesn't leave debilitated for too long.

Get well, all of you under-the-weather forum mates!

Mini thanks, Kathie; I'm having definite envy issues helping DH get ready for his paddliing/ camping trip this weekend. I shall not regale y'all with what happens when I begin thinking maybe I should tough it out & go along...

Awwww shucks Holly, so sorry you aren't feeling up to par and able to join hubby on the trip, no fun! Hope you teel so much better real soon!!!

Deana, hope the surgery goes well and that you too feel so much better real soon!

Hugs

It doesn't feel like a Wednesday at all today! Was away for training yesterday, so coming back today was like the first day back after the weekend, so monday. But way way too busy for a monday. Then kept thinking it was Friday tomorrow, so thursday today, and tonight it feels like friday night!

It was madly busy today. We were a dispenser down, they're doing a refit of our stock area starting friday, so the shop staff couldn't help us out much (they were doing all the packing jobs!), and it was just plain busy. Tired tonight. So off to bed now I think, and hoping tomorrow and friday will go quickly (seeing as it feels like it should be weekend tomorrow already!!!)

The grocery shopping wasn't as traumatic as expected, Publix had a great many of the items we prefer on really super deals! We found some great things for DH to take on his trip, including some meals he can heat up by dropping into boiling water. I confess I'm worried about the weather, it's godawful cold!

Today I hopped on my Gazelle for a 30 min. workout and now Im off to get my Rx filled. Then I have to go to school, English and Mind&Body classes today (ew) Presentation on How Grief Affects the Mind and Body (EW EW!!!). Then once I get home I am gonna finish putting up the christmas lights. Only have to do the ones in the tree, on the roof and around the upstaris windows now (the high up lights lol). I finished the ones in the bushes, over the garage doors, around the front door yesterday. IF I finish that early I will walk down the street and help Oma put up her outside decorations.

EDIT: Oh and the Wii is coming today! I guess I can pet the box until christmas right?

I cooked a pound of turkey sausage into eight patties and baked a dozen biscuits and made up two packets of oatmeal (with raisins, sugar & cinnamon) for DH's breakfasts this weekend. He's actually only taking eight of the biscuits, I want to have the others tomorrow with chipped beef gravy for breakfast with roasted potato wedges & sliced tomatos.

He's actually only taking eight of the biscuits, I want to have the others tomorrow with chipped beef gravy for breakfast with roasted potato wedges & sliced tomatos.

Yum Yum..what time is breakfast being served? Rita

Finished the lights rewiring on the bottom half of our 9 ft artificial tree. It was a long tiring job since I was either bent over or buried in artificial branches. Looks pretty good so far. Hands were a cut up mess until I had an aha! moment. Dug out one of my old leather dress gloves and just twisted away. Gave myself a lotion treatment in the process. Now for the top 3 feet. Also have to go grocery shopping this afternoon. The weather outside is very gloomy and drippy and dirty mud as the snow is melting. The fur kids are play wrestling in the family room. Nothing like a 70 lb boxer and a 90 lb retriever doing their thing,lol ! Hubby still hacking and miserable. Hope this crud breaks up soon. Have to watch him like a hawk so that we catch it before it turns into Pneumonia.

They guy is installing my garage opener at the moment! woo hoo! i'm excited about having a working opener again!!!

I just called an old friend in Texas. It was so wonderful to hear her voice!!! I haven't talked to her in about 6 or 7 years. She used to be our office manager at one of the clinics that I worked at. I feel homesick for Texas! She is married now and has 2 kids!!! I'm so happy for her! She caught me up on all of my old coworkers and that just made me feel homesick for them. They are mostly off working in other jobs or are stay at home parents now. I spent about 30 minutes on the phone with her. Now i feel sad and feel like crying...lol...I miss my old life. But life moves on and things are different now. I told her that i'm thinking about moving to Colorado in a year or so. That is what prompted me to call. I do think of them all fondly as that was my favorite job and i loved all of my coworkers. I left the best job in the world to move back here to Utah. Anyway, when I do move, i plan on returning to that area of healthcare and was researching it on the internet, then I thought about them and looked them up on the internet and called. I'm so glad i did.

well, gotta catch up on some messages and return messages! Then I need to work on some photographs that i scanned into my computer...i need to edit some of them and then try Wal-marts online photo lab to get them loaded onto DVD's or something...christmas gifts...need to get that done soon!!!

The gift wrapping is finished, at least everything in the house is wrapped. Still have a couple small items to buy and some baking to do. Today is house decorating day. Lloyd put up the tree a week ago but so far has only managed to light two out of three of the sections and not always the same two! We've used it in years past, so I know it can work ... lol

And tomorrow is our holiday kick-off with our friends the Fergusons, a day in KC. We'll go to the Nelson Art Gallery, have lunch in the beautiful Italian court restaurant there, then go to the Toy & Miniature Museum, where there is an exhibit of antique miniature quilts. Afterward we'll head to The Plaze to see the lights. This is the third annual excursion. It makes a nice formal start to the holiday season.

I have gotten DH on his way and getting ready to dry my second load of laundry; waiting for half the bathroom floor to dry so I can finish cleaning it. I have a braful of polymer clay warming prior to mixing & conditioning to start a commissioned doll (TMI!) and I need to knit a new pair of hose for 1:6 Liam.

I found the coolest gift (i think) for Chelsea yesterday that I had to share. She has started working with origami. She had gotten herself a small package of the paper and she is teaching the kids at school how to do it.

I went to BJs and there was a large box with a book, over 100 pieces of different origami papers and two of the bones that they use to crease the paper. The whole kit cost $14. If you are interested in getting it for a gift, they sell them with the books. She is going to LOVE it. I am going to be up to my fanny in origami lotus` in no time.

I found it online! And I bought it at a discount. Gotta love the discount clubs.

Origami deluxe book & gift set 80 sheets of paper, book, toolset, gridded work area mat and it all comes in a box that is a miniature chest of drawers for organization.

Did I do good?

Still under the weather but better. Do not have to keep taking rests on the couch. Stomach is still spasming. I will go out today for a bit but will not overdo it. I will not eat anything that I will regret either on my travels..LOL Maybe a nice bowl of soup for lunch with oyster crackers will be the ticket. I have been lucky (knock on wood) that when I do get a virus it does not SLAM me like it could. I am grateful for that aspect of it. I guess all those multivitamins I take are doing the trick.