What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Hi all, thought I'd pop in and let you know my operation went well this time. It turned out to be more involved than just a large hernia repair and I woke up with tubes everywhere. We were all quite cautious for the first few days (surgeon,nurses and anesthetist included) but no complications this time! I'm 2 weeks post op tomorrow ( Monday) and things seem to be going well. Am seeing the surgeon tomorrow and hope to be cleared to do more than sit, lie or walk but as I don't want lumpy to return I'll follow his instructions. But have to admit to be bored out of my mind ... It's coming up to a year since it all started and I'm over it. Sorry I seem to have lost some of my positivity at the mo.

• Like 7

Oh Helen, I'm so happy to hear that things are going well this time. Patience while the healing takes it's time and does it's thing is surely the most boring thing in the world. I'm glad you are following their suggestions though. Just think, in a month or two you'll be zooming around again and feeling full of energy and enjoying life again - your way.

Just thought I'd give you some ideas in case you couldn't think of something to do. tee hee hee

:skiing::scooter::drive::snorkel: :icecream: :cocktail::fishing1::plane::pizza::boat:

• Like 2

Glad your surgery went better this time around, Helen!

I took the kids back to my friend's house today and we're returning again tomorrow. They have been bugging me all week, asking when they could go back. My DW also likes the long periods of uninterrupted sleep she needs.

Today we built the staircase for the treehouse. It has a small landing with a 180 degree turn to the main platform, about 10 feet off the ground. I got a look at the design for the first time too. It will be a 2 story behemoth with an "L" shaped, covered porch on the first level, an upstairs loft/bedroom, a tower with access to a platform about 50 feet up in one of the 3 trees it's built around, and will have a steep pitched aluminum roof. From the platform, a zip line will run at least 600 ft. to another platform built on a tree at the perimeter of a long dormant sinkhole near the eastern edge of the property. If it had plumbing, it would be larger and nicer than my first apartment. It's like something right out of the "Treehouse Masters" t.v. show.

• Like 2

Thanks so much Kathie, Holly and Jeremy you guys did my heart a world of good :)

Oh Helen, I'm so happy to hear that things are going well this time. Patience while the healing takes it's time and does it's thing is surely the most boring thing in the world. I'm glad you are following their suggestions though. Just think, in a month or two you'll be zooming around again and feeling full of energy and enjoying life again - your way.

Just thought I'd give you some ideas in case you couldn't think of something to do. tee hee hee

Aww Selkie not only did you do my heart a world of good you made me smile and laugh so thank you so much. I'll add some of those to my to do list. PS had to cut the emoticons in the quote as apparently I was trying to post more than the forum allows.

Jeremy, your tree house sounds exciting :)

Helen, glad you are recovering well. May you continue to get stronger and stronger!

I have declared a day of independence tomorrow. If I don't get some mini time I ain't agonna make it! My craft cottage has become a royal wreck since I cleaned up everything after the craft show season. Bags and boxes are everywhere! So I told DH and Mother that I will be unavailable most of the day - cleaning up the Cottage. (Shhh - and checking out the minis to work on next!)

Yup! Just working and cleaning and sweeping all day! :bear::ohyeah:

• Like 3

Helen, so happy to hear theoperation went well and that you are on the mend!

Jeremy, the treehouse sounds amazing!

CJ, you certainly deserve some "you and minis" time!

Over here it is a lazy morning, by the looks of it we are in for a snow-day today, ie the weather forecast is promising (or was it threatening) with snow all day long, so it will be interesting to see how much it amounts to.

Hubby is sulking as he had planned for a long mountainbike ride today, he will be out there I am sure, but the snow makes it somewhat more difficult because one never knows when the snow plow appeara....

As fo r me, well some chores mixed up with some minis are the plan.

Hugs

• Like 1

If its not too cold once the sun is up I hope to get in mini time. I just have the second armchair's seat cushion to install and then work on the footstool. I washed the shingled gable with a pale yellow and then glued and clamped the shingles that popped loose, so hopefully today I can trim the tops of the shingles to the roofline and install the louvred attic window. I'm going to have to remove (ugh) and re-install the kitchen bay; for whatever reason the weight I had used didn't do the job.

The cemetery experiment went well. The day was cloudy and the ground was damp. The sun couldn't warm the earth and the damp ground hindered the escape of scent from the graves, but three dogs each independently hit in four spots: two known in-ground graves (very old), a disturbed area that we suspected might be a grave, and a tomb that had a crack in it. I was delighted with the results, but the handlers were not. They asked to come back on a dry, sunny day, and so they shall.

Super Bowl party at our house. Shopping, cooking and setting up for that is the game of the hour.

Trying a new recipe for the guys. Pork/pig wings. I'd never heard of it but it's basically strips of boneless or bone-in pork that you wrap in slices of bacon. Bake or grill and douse with BBQ sauce of your choice. Tons of variables of doing meat rubs first or adding different spices, etc. I'm doing the plain and simple for the first time through and I'm doing the pork in bite size pieces so it can be a quick bite rather than needing a lot of silverware. Fingers crossed it comes out good. Being a vegetarian, I never know how these things really turn out.

Other main items on the menu are chili and the fixin's, crock pot style kielbasa (bite size), deviled eggs, fresh fruit platter, crunchy veggie platter, fried mozzarella sticks and marinara sauce, asiago cheese bread - sliced and 2nd baked with slices of mozzarella and cheddar cheese in between the slices and brushed with pesto in between them as well, dips and chips, coconut crème pie, triple chocolate cookies, soft ginger cookies, M+M cookies, and assorted beverages. I usually make homemade baked beans but I begged off this year.

Gotta get back to cooking.

• Like 1

I'm going to start supper early so we can plug into the Super Bowl, too. We're also having pork, which has been marinating since noon in balsamic vinaigrette and will go into the oven with chunks of potato.

Before it rained (which I has been doing most of the day) I went out to the shop and got the louvred attic window clamped into place and reset and reglued the kitchen bay and finished the second armchair. The footstool is also clamped together and my next trick will be cobbling together a needlework stand for the Mrs.

Sounds yummy Selkie and Holly! Made a pot of chilli over here andhad it simmering a couple of hpurs or so...

Made the house smell gooood ;)

deana, the puppy bowlspunds like a cute show!

Hugs

Finished serving desserts. Half time is over and it's wait until they leave time now for me.

I don't watch football, btw. I just cook and clean.

Have plenty of leftovers, you all could have come.

The pig/pork wings went over really well. They loved the individual bite size serving too. That made them disappear faster I think.

Almost done for another year ... or really only for a few months.

• Like 1

Oh, drat! Did I miss the ball game?

I have had a wonderful day - best one in two months!  

I excused myself from RL and have been in my Craft Cottage almost all day long!  I got a pot of curried chicken on the slow cooker before I started - just have to cook the rice and supper is ready.  After I'd been out there about 3 hours DH showed up, saying he was bored, how could he help.  I had just emptied 4 drawers of stuff I no longer wanted, so he started hauling the bags to the recycle bin. Then he helped me get a small dh down from the loft - I'll tell you story of that one later. I'm going to use it as a cupboard. He also hauled some boxes back up to the loft, of supplies I won't need for awhile.

He then got inspired to attack the spider webs and nests.  :lightsabre:

Oh, yes, he also put up a shelf for me, one I've had sitting on the floor for ages and never got installed. So all in all it was a very good day. The poor neglected Cottage is still not in proper condition, since it has become just a storage area for quite awhile. With DH gone for so long I worked on my minis in the house, so I would retrieve what I wanted, then dump it back in a hurry. 

All my kits, and the Federal Manor, were very glad to see me.  :throb:

• Like 3

Well the sun finally came out today and we went stomping around out in the desert in the snow....how very unusual!

Watched the Superbowl , not for either team being Broncos fans so however it came out was fine with me. 
Tomorrow back to work on my project. 

We didn't get as much done as I thought we would today.  We spent the day fabricating and installing a firefighter's pole for the treehouse.  I don't know how much work will get done before next weekend, but I wouldn't be surprised if the 1st floor gets framed by then.

Benefits from the extra sleep my DW is getting is starting to show.  Her mood has been much better.  She's finally looking past survival mode and looking at how we will improve our situation once we're thriving again.

• Like 5

Well today Iam hoping to work on Cortneys house even though I have been saying that for a few days now. Today my baby turns 5!!! We currently are having a snow storm no school today over 6 inches has fallen with more to come. I have to clean up the dining room and kitchen from our superbowl party which really turned out well except for me I fell asleep on the couch during the game.I have my sister coming in from California on Wednesday which Iam happy there is snow for her to see she has never seen snow.