What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

did NOT like my options. Surgery to move the ulnar nerve or lose use of my left hand. Slept the rest of the day. to much stress I guess

Sorry to hear this. Maybe you need a second opinion. Sounds quite drastic. Perhaps there are some less invasive methods out there. Might be worth a check.

Tracy, did anyone take pictures of the new mini?  Lawanda, I began having issues with my left hand about  month ago; I would wake up with anywhere from two to four fingers totally dead and the rest of my hand and wrist on fire, like when I was taking slow release niacin.  positioning my hand and arm before going to sleep helps.

Sorry to hear about your hand and I would get a second opinion. Congrats to all that have new babies. My sister will be here from California tomorrow I cant contain my excitement anymore on her arrival. Today is major cleaning day and scrubbing my filthy floors. Tonight is trivia night.

Tracy, congrats on the most wonderful kind of new mini! 

I've been checking in over the last few days, but just as I get ready to post the forum is in maintenance mode. I've been doing what seems like a whole lot of nothing.  We had some friends over for the Super Bowl, gotta love yummy food. The kids missed 2 1/2 days last week with the snow and they were out yesterday as well. My DH has been working like crazy; he leaves at around 5:30am and gets home after 7 so I am missing him lots. I did manage to get all my IKEA goodies put together and mostly set up; our cardboard recycling pile is as big as a boat! Just some final adjustments and it'll be all done, it's so nice to have all my clothes out of sight again :) I also managed to snag a wonderful table for minis out of the deal and am looking forward to doing some mini things soon.

• Like 1

Wishing you the best, Art.  We gave up on selling our house a couple years ago and decided to just stay put. I do hope yours will sell quickly and you can move on to the next step. :)

I am continuing with Operation CCC  (Craft Cottage Cleanup). Mother goes to bed earlier than she used to, and DH is a morning person, so by about 9:30 p.m. they are both saying goodnight. Then I can head out to the Cottage, turn on the CD player with some inspiring music, and get busy! No phone calls, no one coming out to say hello - just me and the miniatures :)   I used to sell jewelry at home-parties and trade shows, but quit a few years ago. So last night I started going through all the stuff that I used to use for setting up the booth. Don't need it anymore so it all went into three bins - [1] toss  [2] give to my aunt and [3] Hmmm, that could be used in minis! Worked until after 1:00 a.m. this morning and left with a feeling of great accomplishment. 

• Like 4

supervised the grans in making a birthday party for mom today....Pixie made the cupcakes all by herself...I filled them because my thingie wasnt cooperating with her

than I helped Jaxon decorate a few while she decorated the rest...we made some big poofy tissue paper flowers to put around our cupcake stand...they also made cards and did all their homework before she got home WHEW we were a whirlwind...I was in charge of the chicken alfredo... last week I took them to the 99c store where they had cute valentines cupcake stand and our icing was pink...so we went with it...it was cute....

I sure hope tomorrow allows me my burlap wreath session....lol

• Like 3

Oh, Tracy, little Jude is PERFECT!  No wonder you hated to leave.

I went out to remove weight from the trim I glued last night and to glue the door and window trim to the lower exterior wall on the porch side.  I found the porch roof pieces and began to prime the underside.  In addition to its toylike appearance the Washington schematics sheets don't label the parts, so it's a matter of searching the schematics sheets for pictures that look like what I think the part I want might be.

My guests have left so now I can set up a corner in my Vero Beach cottage and get busy working on the Pool House again. The next steps will require using the mini table saw. However, this is going to have to wait until my neighbors go to work on Monday. It's soooo peaceful here by the beach, I'd hate to disturb the peace and quite by cutting stone. So I'll take this time to get organized and finish my lighting plan.

I'm BACK!   Oops caps.......I have been working on getting my new computer up and running.  I managed to save my photos and minis files thank goodness.  Now I have to learn how to use this OS.  Windows 8.1 so far is not one of Microsoft's better ideas but I will adapt. 

• Like 2