What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

I am worried she might start a coughing fit on stage.
She ought to be OK so long as she doesn't try to vocalize, and give her a small dose of cough suppressant ahead of time.

I finally remembered my half-conditioned lump of clay and my hand is almost all healed up, so I think I must play with clay today!

I have a therapy appointment this morning.

I get there and it is actually for tomorrow instead of today. I hate when I do that. At least i was not out of my way. Went to the *seconds* produce market and got some salad fixings. I am in the mood for a nice big tossed salad with dinner tonite. I think I will email the choral teacher anyway about it and see what he says.

I used to have coughing fits in school and it was wayyyyy embarrassing.

Back then ENT didnt push inhalers..I probably needed one for the bronchitis.

Working on a homemade wire railing for my wine shoppe today. I had a brainstorm in my sleep I guess. I am using 19 ga. black wire and twisting it to resemble grapevines. Well, it sort of resembles grapevines...hehe. Now to just figure how how I am going to make it stand on the foamcore. I can push the wires into the foam, but will it stand? We shall see.

Heidi, I hope Nat does ok tonight. My son is also sick, the Air Force even says so. They allowed him a day at home resting. He is playing an oline game right now with DH. I love it when they bond. Makes me feel all warm and fuzzy. Still dealing with him not being here for birthday and Christmas. :wub:

DH has dr appointment at 1. Just the usual checking in. Then cleaning for the sister's visit on Sunday.

Working on a homemade wire railing for my wine shoppe today. I had a brainstorm in my sleep I guess. I am using 19 ga. black wire and twisting it to resemble grapevines. Well, it sort of resembles grapevines...hehe. Now to just figure how how I am going to make it stand on the foamcore. I can push the wires into the foam, but will it stand? We shall see.

The railing sounds nifty! If you dip the wire into a drop of tacky glue it ought to hold just fine. Make the hole with the wire first, then take it out and dip it in the glue. Just need a tiny drop. That should hold it.

The concert was fine. Nat had laryngitis so her teacher told her to just lip sync. She got to keep her steady A in the class. I have to admit something. I loathe going to these things.

I love my children. I love seeing them do things and that they are happy. But all these years of going to concerts...I am so glad I only have a couple more years of it (she likes Chorus and will continue it next year). I would rather have minor surgery done then go to a school concert.

Plays are okay, science fairs I can tolerate, but musical concerts for schools..OMG! At least the teacher conducting did not do a long drawn out speech. Fred laughed cause he dodged the bullet, he had to work. I am the type of parent that stays for the whole program. I do not leave once my kid is done. That is not fair to the others that are participating. Unfortunately, Natalie`s chorus class went first.

BIG snow tomorrow for us. I have to fill the bucket, find the snow shovels (probably under the porch), put away the rakes, and make a strategic plan for tomorrow morning. Gotta get everything done before it gets too bad to drive.

We also went to a school concert last night. After the concert we spoke with a friend whose 5th of 6 children is in the freshman chorus this year. She was trying to figure out how many hours she's spent in one of those auditorium seats over the years and what the rest of her sentence will be! :o

Even so, the concerts here are always a treat and attended by community members as well as parents. The Marshall schools are top notch in music, both vocal and instrumental. The choruses always bring home top scores in state competitions. Last night's concert matched in quality the adult community chorus concert last Sunday (at which the advanced HS choruses also performed.) Last night the freshman chorus performed in public for the first time. I'm amazed at how poised they were. I know their knees must have been knocking!

I'm just chilling, so to speak. Going to get some extra rest today and tomorrow, then get some last minute shopping done on the weekend. Looking forward to a week off work, during the holidays! No minis till it's all over however, and that bites!

I love my , now adult, son, dearly but boy was I glad when the days of school activities, cub scout affairs etc ended. I just disliked attending that kind of thing. I guess my attitude didn't warp him tho, as he is a normal well adjusted adult.

I am starting to think about the Chrstmas baking. John usually likes to take a tray to work. I will have atray ready for him to take Monday morning. Just ahve to decided which cookies to make.

We have been dumped with snow this week, more coming tonight and again Saturday/Sunday.

Yesterday, my 88 year old mother decided that she wants to do some Christmas shopping and get gifts mailed out. My sister, who winters in Az, suggested that the another sister or I take her. My Mom can't take crowds or waiting in line. It would be a nightmare to get her out now. Not even to think of what the post office will be like. Oh, these last minute ideas. I suggested she just send money so the recipient can use the money for what they need most in these hard economic times. But what I really think is sister in AZ who does nothing to help my mother come back to MN and take care of it. No wait, that thought isn't in the Christmas spirit. I take it back. Rita

I went and got the bucket of sand/salt this morning. It is actually kind of nice outside today. On the warmer side..calm before the storm. Going to mix some commercial bagged salt in there soon and cover it. I have it out on the walkway so that I do not have to drag the heavy thing out during/after storm.

I have to pick up Nat around 11am. Her last final and then she is on vacation.

The mood to bake some cookies has struck me. Have to check but I think I have some raisins and cranraisins in the cabinet. Make some oatmeal cookies! Mmm!

I have my check list for tomorrow all ready. Leave early in the morning for the bank and get my stuff done. I will be PRAYING that they cancel school for Chelsea`s jobs school district. Big prayers. If it was a bit of snow, I have no problem..6-12 inches of un-sanded snow to go get her..ummm..Do they pay hazard pay on her job? I think not.

Yesterday, my 88 year old mother decided that she wants to do some Christmas shopping and get gifts mailed out.

Rita, maybe this is the time to introduce your mother to the joys of shopping on line! :o

Yesterday & today I've been conditioning & mixing clay to get the exact color I want. Hopefully tomorrow it'll get there, my hands no longer work for 8 straight hours or longer.

My kids weren't "into" chorus-type things, but they were "into" sports, and I went to one of DS#1's first basketball games in Middle School and afterwards I asked him if the really obnoxious parent behavior went on at all his games and he said it did, and if I didn't want to come to his games he knew I'd be rooting for him anyway. The same thing happened when DS#2 went out for soccer, so when he got into Greco-Roman wrestling & track in HS he was also cool with our not coming to his events. I was in HS choir, but our choir was one that got invited to tour nationally & internationally (except the year I was in it, as a senior, and the two years thereafter, when the budget got cut & we weren't allowed to go selling door-to-door to make money for the expenses).

Just think, when the grandchildren come along, we will be expected to attend concerts, baseball and soccer games to support them as we did their parents.

Shhhh! Maybe they will forget to call.

Whohooooo, doing the happy dance now as I am home from work and it is officially Christmas holidays right now, will allow a few minutes of reading around here but then it will be full speed ahead and prepare for the weekend as that is when my parents will be here and we'll celebrate Christmas then, so might not be around that much from tomorrow morning that is :thumb: it's because we'll be busy chatting catching up with all that has been going on, mum celebrates her early-ish retirement as of yesterday so we will start off the whole weekend with a tiny taste of some bubbly ;)

Hugs

Have a good time Anna! *waving all the way from over here*

I have finished my errands and it hasnt started to snow yet...but it is coming.

I am going to hook up the Wii with internet, work on the bead tree, and make a nice snowy day dinner.... :thumb: I do not know what that is but I will figure it out..hahahaha

I finally got all the clay mixed and the commissioned handyman doll came obediently out and is baked, and there was this small lump of clay left that was quivering & hopping around and saying "Don't leave MEEEEE", and out came a little barefoot boy! All the parts are cooling upstairs, awaiting the swelling & soreness in my hands to subside so I can paint & assemble them.

I got home from work last night, i was so tired i wanted to go to bed right away. made myself stay up until 7:15, then i fell asleep. i woke up alot during the night but made myself stay in bed. got up at 7:30.

i have 3 days off and i'm going to mini!!!!!

Today is going to be a busy one for me. My son, that just got back from his tour in Iraq, is coming home for Christmas in the next couple of days. He's stationed in North Carolina and is making the drive along with his wife and my other son who made his way from Arkansas down to North Carolina to hitch a ride home for the holidays. I have spare bedrooms I need to clean the cobwebs out of so everyone is comfy while their here. We haven't seen our son who is in the Army for three years. And we haven't seen our other son for almost a year now. It'll be good to have everyone home again.

I also need to bake sugar cookies, home made eclairs and go grocery shopping for the big ol' Nielson Christmas dinner. My sons have been complaining that they miss my cooking so I'll spoil them while they are here!

If I get everything done this afternoon maybe I'll get to finish painting the porch of the Pierce, finally. Everything seemed to be moving right along with that house, right up until the "finishing touches". They seem to be moving at the speed of snot for some reason. I really want to finish because I have been banned from starting my Brimbles until the Pierce is completely done! UGH! There needs to be another 5 hours in each day, I swear!

We shoveled snow. I cleaned up around downstairs. I have my bead tree out to work on while I watch cooking shows. I have spaghetti sauce with meatballs gurgling on the stove. I made a non-vegan chocolate cake and there are cookies in the oven.

Chelsea has a male friend (hmm?) coming over on Monday to work on a project and we have never met him before. So I am making some goodies for when he is here.

Going to do major cleaning with Fred and the girls tomorrow. Dont want her to give a bad impression! LOL

Male Friend...Hmmm??????

We will see.

That reminds me of the day when DS#2 was still in HS he told us a couple of his buddies were coming by to pick him up to take him soemwhere and a little later a carload of drop-dead gorgeous girls came by asking if he was ready; DH & I nearly fell out laughing!

Heidi,how do you make your meatballs?? I usually heat the frozen,premade ones,but I want to try real ones tonight,that sounds good. Reading your messages about cooking makes me feel like I should at least make an effort:)

Today Im making.....TRYING to make.... a Chrysbon stove, I have a hard time with these....is it just me,or could the instructions be any less clear???

My hands are so cold its hard to type or work. Its not raining here,but sky is that steel grey color,its probably colder in this house than it is outside.Even if I turn the heat up my hands stay cold,think I'll take a break and cut the fingers off a pair of gloves:)

I uploaded overdue pictures into some of my albums, finished painting the dolls and began sewing their clothes, and stitched a little bit on Liam's top.

Karin, meatballs are easy, I dump the ground meat, seasonings, egg & breadcrumbs into a bowl & mix it all together with my hands and take the mixture out by spoonsful and drop them into a lightly greased (Pam-sprayed) hot pan and turn them with a wooden spoon to brown them on all sides & finish them off with 15-20 minutes in a 350-degree oven.