What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

On a lighter note ... I've started swimming a couple days a week at the fitness center affiliated with the local hospital while Lloyd huffs and puffs in a pulmonary rehab session. To speed things along, I wear my bathing suit under my clothes so I can strip and hit the pool asap. While in the pool this afternoon it suddenly hit me that I'd not put any underwear in the tote bag with my pool shoes, hairbrush, shampoo, etc. So ... I got out of the pool after an abbreviated swim pondering the situation. I spent some time in the dry sauna, hoping to dry out my bathing suit. Didn't work. I debated pulling on my clothes over my wet bathing suit but didn't relish walking around with a wet butt. In the end, I went commando. It was very liberating but I don't plan to do it again. :D 

• Like 1

Last night's annual Civic Band Memorial Day concert moved its venue this year from Seville Square to the amphitheater behind Bayfront Stadium.  There was enough room on that stage for both sections of the Civic and to perform.  The highlight was when the 98 year old survivor of Pearl Harbor came up and read his recollection of the attack.

• Like 1

Tonight is my first meeting as club president for Les Petits Collecteurs of South Florida a chapter of NAME. Someone told me we are the largest club in NAME. The Agenda is quite full. I hope we get through everything. A little nervous.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Sable said:

Tonight is my first meeting as club president for Les Petits Collecteurs of South Florida a chapter of NAME. Someone told me we are the largest club in NAME. The Agenda is quite full. I hope we get through everything. A little nervous.

Sable, how lucky this chapter is to have you at the helm. You go, girl! :flowers:

• Like 2

I wrestled with where to dump a kidnap victim in New Orleans. with a little nap and some brainstorming with Lloyd, I figured it out. 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, KathieB said:

I wrestled with where to dump a kidnap victim in New Orleans. with a little nap and some brainstorming with Lloyd, I figured it out. 

:wacko:  I had to read that twice and then :rofl:.

What a  wake up call! I was drinking some water and sort of choked a little (and now I have to wipe up water on my keyboard!).  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, rodentraiser said:

:wacko:  I had to read that twice and then :rofl:.

What a  wake up call! I was drinking some water and sort of choked a little (and now I have to wipe up water on my keyboard!).  

LOL ... sorry 'bout dat, Kelly. 

Still working on the real life house, wondering when I will get back to my miniature structures. I am just getting started painting a 6 ft tall wood plank fence around our back yard, inside an out, [ this time hubby is around to help! ] the decking has been painted, also painted 3/4 of the basement walls and floor. Getting ready to make a paint run to Home Depot. Also seriously thinking about repainting an enclosed front porch, if I am still in the mood after the fencing.

Cleaning, purging, and consolidating. Went through closet and threw bags and bags of clothes into donation bin. Went through craft room, sorted and consolidated and threw away alot, including several kit boxes filled with die-cut scraps. Cathartic! :bear:

• Like 1

Hubby and I spent our Sunday packing up my daughter & her hubby's house near Philly to move them back to Lancaster County!  Yay!  We finished just in time before the monsoon rainstorm hit!  Closing on their new place is on Wednesday morning, so the moving van will be parked in our driveway until then.  It will have been 10 years since she has lived in this area - we (and her sister!) can't wait to have them close by again!  Hopefully the grandbabies will soon follow!  LOL

This photo is for those of us for whom summer has been a long way a-coming. I've wanted porch rockers like these for years and finally got a couple. Although I didn't feel like buying annuals because I've had enough back and hip pain from gardening, thank you very much, I did feel the need for a couple of hanging baskets. I went a little overboard, but they were just so perfect.

We've still only had a couple of true summery days so far.

IMG_1854.JPG

• Like 1

On Saturday, June 04, 2016 7:08:02, KathieB said:

LOL ... sorry 'bout dat, Kelly. 

I just want to know whose body and why? :D

Well, our million degree heatwave seems to have broken. It was over 90 on Sunday, 87 yesterday and supposed to be 82 today (it's already 85) and then down to 70 Wednesday when I will finally do my grocery shopping and in the 60s for another week after that. So they say.

Meantime I finally got the book "The Big Short" and am almost to chapter 4. Boy, that book takes some concentration. And I've seen the movie 3 times, just so I could sort of understand it.

39 minutes ago, rodentraiser said:

I just want to know whose body and why? :D

The heroine in the mystery novel I'm writing got herself abducted in a kidnapping gone sideways. I finished that chapter (18) and am on to Chapter 20 already. I think the crime (double murder) will be solved by about Chapter 25 or 26. Meanwhile, poor Leni is sporting a few more scrapes and bruises.

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

And I am waiting not so patiently to read this (meantime whiling my time reading Margaret Truman's Murder in Havana).

Am not letting this puppy out of the cage before it's ripe. :D