What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

:p:)

A couple of years after we moved to Jacksonville, FL, a neighbor's huge mutt-dog jumped our fence into our back yard and tore the poodle nearly to shreds while I was at the doctor's office with three sick kids. We found him under the washing machine after all the neighbors who had congregated in our back yard to tell me all about it; he was still alive, and I didn't even call the vet first, just jumped into the car with the dog & the kids and drove like a hellion to the vet's office half a mile away; that little dog was so mean he lived until mid-morning the following day! We sent the vet's bill to the neighbor with the big dog, never heard from him again.

I just finished baking a few dozen cheese biscuits for tomorrow's "gourmet" luncheon paddle on the 'chipola River. I made up the recipe last year at the "Biig O" hike and every time I make them they run out.

3 cups baking mix (Bisquick)

1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese

1 rounded teaspoon cayenne pepper

Stir these three ingredients together with a fork to mix them well, then add 3 heaping Tablespoons of yogurt and stir in just enough milk to make the dough cling together in a ball and follow the fork around the bowl. Drop by iced-teaspoonsful onto a cooking-sprayed baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes in a preheated 425-degree oven.

Doesn't make nearly enough!lol

The strep test came back positive, so I'm on antibiotics now. Lloyd's oncologist gave him a prescription for the only kind he can take, just in case. He says he has just a little tickle in his throat, but I can feel swollen glands under his jaws.

I have some fish and potatoes baking in the oven for supper tonight, and tomorrow I'll do a hunk of beef and lots of vegetables in the crock pot. There's going to be a lot of relaxing going on around here.

I need to set the DVR to record the Rose Bowl parade. I'm sure we won't be up in time!

I am going to have to give in and clean house today. I move my booth at the antique mall tomorrow, go see the grands on Saturday, and Sunday I will spend trying to convince myself I have to go back to school. That will take all day.

There is a skip in my record.....I am still sick! Ugh!

I did not ring in the New Year. I made dinner, ate dinner, went up to read the paper, and fell asleep very early. We got about 5 inches of snow yesterday and it is really cold today also like you Greg.

The tree is down and in boxes. I have to try and clean up because the Man friend (his name is Chris) is coming over today at 1pm.

I will begin a dollhouse for myself today! :blink:

I had planned to build this house in the fall, but other projects popped up.

The start of the new year will be the perfect time for me to start my keeper house!

So much fun!!!! :p

We are old party poopers! Doug lasted until 10, me until 10:30..... Today I amcooking Chinese for him - beef and broccoli, and then organizing my work bench and getting back to what I seem to do best.....making dolls!

Made more "canned" pet food tins, and have put those on the shelves, looking pretty OK if I may say so myself LOL and now Mr LE Arhur was I won't call him grumpy just yet but he was getting there so I have added the other roof so that the gable trims can go on next, then all what is left of the "building" is to install the window in what will be the kitchen but that has to wait til I get the floor and wainscotting done in there. And I will also have to decide on how to finish the floor in the living room, will have to mix the "blonde" stain with a little something to make it slightly less yellow...

Hugs

Well, like it or not, I am cleaning house today. We have to take down the queen bed in the guest room so we can put the baby beds in there and the kids' king in my playroom. I collect antique Mexican pottery which all has to be moved up out of baby reach, and put plugs in sockets, hang one remaining piece of stained glass (and still can't decide where I want it). In other words, gotta babyproof everything after years of not worrying about it! But I do have one mini project spread out on the bar that I will finish sometime today!

Black eyed peas are simmering on the stove, so we're preparing for a prosperous new year!

Mz Chantilly and I finally (keep fingers and toes crossed) upon a kitchen wallpaper, and I have painted the trim that will go up in the morning, now I have some shopping to do LOL or :hmm: might leave that to DH and family...

Hugs

We met up with nine of our friends and drove in a convoy to just below where the Chipola River rises again after it goes underground at Florida Caverns State Park, and after we shuttled all the other cars to the take-out we paddled 10 miles, stopping halfway at a beautiful little spring to eat potluck "gourmet" lunch (one of our paddling buddies made wonderful venison jerky!); We're pooped, and it was COLD, but we had a WONDERFUL time greeting the New Year! and we had the river to ourselves!

Between the strep and the antibiotics and the incessant coughing, this has been one lost day. There are so many things that I could be doing, but I don't even feel like reading. I recorded the Rose Parade but fell asleep in the middle of it when I watched it this afternoon. Even playing computer games has no appeal. Lloyd is in about the same state of non-existence, but he at least does not have the cough. Here's hoping both of us are more alert tomorrow.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone here have any experience with lazy eye in babies? Looks like my youngest grandson may have one. It doesn't always follow the other eye, just in one direction. He has to go to an opthamalogist to see, but I'm just curious-I know moms have more practical experience with these things!

Well, I am sitting here going over the shopping list and I really, really would like to stay home instead... I so do not like shopping on these days in between holidays!!!! Monday is another "eve" and then Tuesday is a red day so... Hmm, might have to see if there is something I can paint prior to leaving so that I can install that when coming home again :wub:

Hugs

Do you celebrate Epiphany Anna?

Marg, there is a bad case of Norovirus going around my area. Thank goodness I did not catch that one. I am making the family a lil bit irked. When the heat is turned up enough that you can really feel it, I start having mega coughing fits. So I have to turn it down. "It`s cold."

It isnt cold, just a nip in the air. Would you rather be toasty with a t-shirt on but your mother is hacking to death? Or Put on a sweater so she can breathe?

Geez!

Kathie, I feel for you because I am IN it right now. Sore throat is gone and most of the mucous is gone but still feel yucky.

Not to change the subject, but does anyone here have any experience with lazy eye in babies? Looks like my youngest grandson may have one. It doesn't always follow the other eye, just in one direction. He has to go to an opthamalogist to see, but I'm just curious-I know moms have more practical experience with these things!
DS#1 had amblyopia in his left eye, it was "caught" when he entered Kindergarten; he was such an active baby/ toddler we never noticed it until after we were referred to an opthamologist; then, looking through the photo album, we did notice it! He was eight months old when we got him and 5 years old when he began treatment, and we endured almost two years of patching the "good" (unaffected) eye and him wearing glasses through about the third grade to get it corrected; so by all means begin it NOW, as soon as possible. BTW, this son is now in his early 40s and still doesn't wear glasses very often.

Our nephew had the same problem, and the same treatment. No problem now. But baby Cooper has had so many problems! He was born with a deviated septum, had to be med flighted to Wichita, intensive care and surgery because he couldn't breathe and eat at the same time. That was in February, and he's still prone to congestion-the whole family has sinus problems, on both sides! And with his Daddy leaving Sunday, it's rough on everyone. You and I know it's not an unusual condition, Mama sees everything as a crisis and a reason to get mad at daddy for not being there all the time.

DH and I are just concerned that Mama is becoming so overprotective of him that he won't have a chance of growing up a normal boy-at least his daddy counteracts some of that when he's home.

DH is off to Tallahassee to run errands with DS#3. The jerk has been srved with a writ by a deputy. One of our good paddling/ hiking friends is a correctional probation officer, is going to check on the Jerk with the DOC data-base to see if he has, as we suspect, prior convictions ("Why do you talk to me like a prisoner?" had to come from some previous experience along those lines, since otherwise who would know?). This will throw his gun possession into a whole new ball-court...

I'm home with the wobblies (tried "flying" again, but managed to keep my footing this time!), catching up on the Forum & the laundry, and then on some missed sleep.

Heidi, we're doing the same thermostat dance here. Lloyd is always cold, no matter what the room temperature is, but he's a good bunny and wraps up in sweats and his bathrobe. If you don't have a humidifier, try breathig through a wrung out washcloth over your nose and mouth. I found it adds enough moisture to hold back some of the cough. I spent last night on the recliner in the living room so as not to disturb his sleep, which is fitful, at best. I coughed until around 5 am; it has abated a bit now. But Lloyd is getting that chesty, mucous driven cough.

Kathie,

The mucousy stuff really does not last that long. I went thru three boxes of tissues the first 4 days and then after that I was fine with it. I still have a bit but I can breath thru my nose now. I do not have any rumbling in my chest but the coughing fits happen at night when they turn the heat up.The cough is productive which I am thankful for. It has been very very cold here...below zero. I still feel blah though. I will do stuff thinking I am okay and then my head starts to swim again.

Thanks about the tip with the wash cloth. We do not have a working humidifier...I found this out on day two of my sickness. It kicked the bucket.

I need to get this licked ya`ll! I have to have my license renewed! I REFUSE to have another ugly pic on my license because I look sick. I was sick when I had my last one taken.

*i have been peeling off the dead skin off my nose from the Puffs Plus not working*

It expires on my birthday....Do I have to have it done that day or can I wait a day or two?

I know I just said I am still not feeling well but I am also dealing with a bad case of cabin fever and my birthday is coming (4 days to go)..I WANNA GO OUT!

hahahaha

Trying to get my friend to go traipsing off with me tonite. Hope she takes the bait.