What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Awaiting the second run of the 3D printer, so Kathie you are spot on with your predictions! 

Now using a beter resolution, ie less fast so it Will be interesting seeing how this turns out....

hugs

2 hours ago, jbnmini said:

Spent most of the day yesterday getting ready for our newest furbaby. DS1 and I will be picking up Ziva this morning...she's a 12 week old Maine Coon kitten.  I am beyond excited; it's been almost 20 years since I was able to have a kitty. If I can get my computer and my camera to work together I will post a picture of her.

Oh Sarah- I LOVE Maine Coons!!  I am a Maine Coon Grandma: my daughters both have Maine Coons (Bean, Buzz and Molly).  :)  Looking forward to seeing photos! 

Our Maine Coon just walked into our house one day, straight into my son's room. He came running to me and said, "Mom! A raccoon just went into my bedroom!"  We closed the door and went outside to peer into his window. It was then that I realized it was a Maine Coon, about 4 years old and declawed. We asked around the neighborhood and figured she was just left here. She was with us for about 5 years until a coyote got her. 

On ‎2‎/‎1‎/‎2017‎ ‎1‎:‎44‎:‎57‎, Anna said:

Awaiting the second run of the 3D printer

Anna I want one of those printers!!!   I bought a couple of half scale fireplaces from one of  our members and they are so cute!  
I've been dashing around trying to do things while the weather is so nice!   I have to go back into the hospital for a third procedure on the 23rd ( the first two didn't work :(  )
I can sit and make little rugs and what have you while I recuperate.   

34 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

I have to go back into the hospital for a third procedure on the 23rd ( the first two didn't work :(  )

So sorry to hear that.  Being in the hospital is never fun.  I hope this procedure goes smoothly and works!  Making little rugs, though, is a great thing to do while recuperating.  Glad you have a projects to work on.  (And post pictures of those fireplaces!  :))

• Like 1

Thanks Deborah!   I don't have to stay overnight in the hospital but the hard part is the drive home.  Its an hour and a half on rough roads and when you are hurting its not much fun. Oh well,   I will survive!   I was going to try maybe needle punch rugs.  I haven't done needle punch in years and years but I have the tools I just need some thread.  

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

The infrastructure under my 45 year old real life house has had it. The cast iron waste pipes have disintegrated.  The plumber's camera Got caught on the broken pipe so he wants to charge me up to $20k to retrieve his camera and of course replace my pipes. We have concrete slabs here which means 1/2 of my house must have a trench jackhammered through it. I'm talking to an architect on Monday to test the feasibility of doing a complete tear down and rebuild so I don't have to deal with this aging house anymore. Yes, I could buy a new home in a new development and have less land and pay 10 times more a year in taxes but I like where I live and this way I can build a custom house which will have all of the new bells and whistles in it for my husband and I to live out our years. I just wish I hadn't put on a new $20k roof three years ago.

Oh, Sable, what a mess. The plumber's camera can't be a very good one if it didn't detect the breakage before getting jammed. That, or the operator was inept. Either way, I can't see where he's getting $20K. Will your homeowner's insurance pay for replacement of the camera so you can get that clown out of your life?

On the bright side, having a custom-built home for your retirement sounds like a great plan. Think of all of the clever details you've put into your minis that you now can replicate for real. 

48 minutes ago, KathieB said:

On the bright side, having a custom-built home for your retirement sounds like a great plan. Think of all of the clever details you've put into your minis that you now can replicate for real. 

Yep, I can build my workshop too! 

1 hour ago, Sable said:

The infrastructure under my 45 year old real life house has had it. The cast iron waste pipes have disintegrated.  The plumber's camera Got caught on the broken pipe so he wants to charge me up to $20k to retrieve his camera and of course replace my pipes. We have concrete slabs here which means 1/2 of my house must have a trench jackhammered through it. I'm talking to an architect on Monday to test the feasibility of doing a complete tear down and rebuild so I don't have to deal with this aging house anymore. Yes, I could buy a new home in a new development and have less land and pay 10 times more a year in taxes but I like where I live and this way I can build a custom house which will have all of the new bells and whistles in it for my husband and I to live out our years. I just wish I hadn't put on a new $20k roof three years ago.

You should tell him to go get a better camera Sable.......I've had mine for the last 5 years and it's been down more holes than a lost rabbit and never got stuck yet!

29 minutes ago, MikeUK said:

You should tell him to go get a better camera Sable.......I've had mine for the last 5 years and it's been down more holes than a lost rabbit and never got stuck yet!

I guess the broken cast iron collapsed on it. He said it's the first time in his many years of doing this that this has happened.  Always a first for everything but why does it have always be my house?  We had to replace the bad pipe on the other half of the house 8 years ago. It had totally disintegrated. I hired laborers to dig a tunnel under the house. We only had to jackhammer a small section inside.  All of my kitchen and laundry waste was going into the ground under the house. Surprised it didn't create a sink hole.  

I went riding to a Buffalo Soldiers MC gathering in Thomasville, Georgia on Saturday and visited an African American Museum on the event site.  It was filled to the ceiling (literally) with all kids of artifacts, photos and information.  A real eye opener.  The town was also full of eye candy of the residential architecture variety.  It was my 2nd trip up there in a week.

Yesterday I took the kids and my club's VP to Ormond Beach to pick up a damaged fairing for his  bike.  It was nearly shattered in a motorcycle wreck, but we're pretty good fiberglassers, so we won't have a problem fixing it. 

Tomorrow I have to call Mayo Clinic and fight with their billing department.  I went on the 8th for a neuro consult and had a neurosurgery consult scheduled for the next day.  While I was at the first appointment, they said I wasn't a surgical candidate, and they would cancel the other appointment since it wasn't necessary.  It was after 5 when I left, so I wasn't able to cancel it myself, just to be sure it was dealt with.  Sure enough, they didn't cancel it, and now they want me to pay $818 for not showing up at an appointment they said they would cancel!  I'm already paying that amount for the first appointment, and they want to run tests and follow up visits in April.  I'm probably going to just cancel all of them and not bother with it ever again.

Not sure if  I mentioned it earlier, but this year started with me getting a bad round of coughing which lead into a pneumonia and fluids in the lungs, fun, fun, fun... Then a couple of weeks ago camre round 2, with yet Another round of fever and coughing and being out of breath etc etc. So I had some X-rays done as a follow up and got a call yesterday from the docs office telling me that they wanted to see me as the X-rays showw a cluster (sp?) of  tiny to medium spots in my upper right lung. Might be nothing, might be some infection left, some scarring or something completley different. So we'll see what and if something comes out of next weeks. Nothing I talk much about in any other forum as over on FB I have some of my staff on the friends list, but wanted to share here if I go missing for a while....

Hugs

4 minutes ago, Anna said:

Not sure if  I mentioned it earlier, but this year started with me getting a bad round of coughing which lead into a pneumonia and fluids in the lungs, fun, fun, fun... Then a couple of weeks ago camre round 2, with yet Another round of fever and coughing and being out of breath etc etc. So I had some X-rays done as a follow up and got a call yesterday from the docs office telling me that they wanted to see me as the X-rays showw a cluster (sp?) of  tiny to medium spots in my upper right lung. Might be nothing, might be some infection left, some scarring or something completley different. So we'll see what and if something comes out of next weeks. Nothing I talk much about in any other forum as over on FB I have some of my staff on the friends list, but wanted to share here if I go missing for a while....

Hugs

So sorry to hear this, Anna.  Hugs to you. 

• Like 1

Just now, Sable said:

So sorry to hear this, Anna.  Hugs to you. 

Thank you Sable! I am going with the idea that it is some residue infection thingy as I got the round two as well to deal with...

Hugs

15 minutes ago, Anna said:

I am going with the idea that it is some residue infection thingy as I got the round two as well to deal with...

Good idea. Keep the positive thoughts flowing. More hugs~

• Like 1

Just now, KathieB said:

Good idea. Keep the positive thoughts flowing. More hugs~

I will definitley do that, have planned some more mini-ing to keep the mind busy in a good way too. Playng with 3D sculpting is such a great way to immerse oneself into full concentration and fun.

Hugs

Just now, Anna said:

I will definitley do that, have planned some more mini-ing to keep the mind busy in a good way too. Playng with 3D sculpting is such a great way to immerse oneself into full concentration and fun.

I want to come play in your playpen!