What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Thank you all!     The real thing that got me upset was I was scheduled yesterday ( Thursday) to have my third procedure at the hospital and had to cancel.  I had waited 3 1/2 months for the appointment!   whine whine

• 2 weeks later...

A little excitement for me today.  I recently discovered that a cousin whom I first met briefly over 30 years ago when we both lived in Jacksonville, FL, now lives in the Pensacola area and we finally got together this AM at the Jazz Brunch at Seville Quarter.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, havanaholly said:

A little excitement for me today.  I recently discovered that a cousin whom I first met briefly over 30 years ago when we both lived in Jacksonville, FL, now lives in the Pensacola area and we finally got together this AM at the Jazz Brunch at Seville Quarter.

Oooh, good for you! ... finding cousins is one of my favorite activities!

• 2 weeks later...

At the skin surgeon getting a good chunk of my nose cut out. I'm really paying the price of living on Ft Lauderdale beach in the 70's. Waiting to see if they got all of the bad cells, if not more gets cut out.  

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Ouch, Sable .. .hope they get it all!

I made them stop. I won't go into the details but I'm going to have to go with an alternative procedure otherwise I'll be very disfigured. Enough said, going to have a really good cry now. 

6 minutes ago, Sable said:

I made them stop. I won't go into the details but I'm going to have to go with an alternative procedure otherwise I'll be very disfigured. Enough said, going to have a really good cry now. 

Sable I am so sorry that you are going through this. It sounds like you have had to make a horrible decision. I am sending love your way, and prayers that the alternative procedure goes exactly as you need it to. 

6 hours ago, Sable said:

At the skin surgeon getting a good chunk of my nose cut out. I'm really paying the price of living on Ft Lauderdale beach in the 70's. Waiting to see if they got all of the bad cells, if not more gets cut out.  

Fingers crossed for that everything goes well and that they got it all!

hugs

Did I mention my friend Norma Jeane is visiting from Missouri? She's the one who got me really hooked on miniatures. Together we are transforming the shared studio space into a lovely miniatures workroom, office and display gallery. I had an idea of what I wanted, but together we're refining and improving on the initial concept. At the moment I'm taking a break after spray painting a cheap set of shelves. There are two sets, one black, one white. Sprayed the white one black so they'd have the same undercoat and am putting a top coat of walnut brown. They'll be side by side and make into a nice corner unit. Pictures are being taken down and either moved to another place or designated to go to storage. There will be enough surface to bring the houseboat and the Bohemian Inn (Pierce) from storage. 

Tomorrow Lloyd's ashes will be laid to rest in a crypt at St. Louis Cemetery #3 in New Orleans. Dear cousin Gloria has to work and can't some to what will be a brief crypt-side service. She came by this morning with a spray of white orchids from her own plant. Lloyd always made a big fuss over her orchids when we visited. I tried to persuade her not to cut the beautiful blooms, but she said that she could hear Lloyd telling her, "Well, if you can't come to see me off, you could at least give me your orchids." Aside from the fact that she's 88 years old and as stubborn as a mule, who can argue with that? As it turns out, I have a lovely ceramic vase that Lloyd made that with some ferns from the garden, will be perfect. The glaze on the vase even matches the frame on his photograph, which will also be on display.

Yes, 88 and still working hospitality desks for various conventions for the New Orleans Convention Bureau. Her children keep bugging her to quit, but she says she likes it and can do it, so why shouldn't she? Like I said, no arguing with her. :) 

Still toodling along (very sloooowly) with my millefiori quilt top, having picked up some fabric scraps from thrift-store hopping with Mom over the holidays; have to take two pictures now to show you what it looks like by now. It's a big puzzle, really!

large.IMG_3894.jpg.e7b795a16e44a27c22418large.IMG_3893.jpg.784af7c7009e5ff641489

Am getting to the point where I need to figure out what the edge looks like. Some folks applique to a border fabric, but I am not good at applique and am thinking of just adding shapes around the edge until I get something to which I can attach a wide border strip. Yes, this will take me a while (not to mention that I haven't even started removing all the little papers). :p

3 hours ago, KathieB said:

Did I mention my friend Norma Jeane is visiting from Missouri? She's the one who got me really hooked on miniatures. Together we are transforming the shared studio space into a lovely miniatures workroom, office and display gallery. I had an idea of what I wanted, but together we're refining and improving on the initial concept. At the moment I'm taking a break after spray painting a cheap set of shelves. There are two sets, one black, one white. Sprayed the white one black so they'd have the same undercoat and am putting a top coat of walnut brown. They'll be side by side and make into a nice corner unit. Pictures are being taken down and either moved to another place or designated to go to storage. There will be enough surface to bring the houseboat and the Bohemian Inn (Pierce) from storage. 

Tomorrow Lloyd's ashes will be laid to rest in a crypt at St. Louis Cemetery #3 in New Orleans. Dear cousin Gloria has to work and can't some to what will be a brief crypt-side service. She came by this morning with a spray of white orchids from her own plant. Lloyd always made a big fuss over her orchids when we visited. I tried to persuade her not to cut the beautiful blooms, but she said that she could hear Lloyd telling her, "Well, if you can't come to see me off, you could at least give me your orchids." Aside from the fact that she's 88 years old and as stubborn as a mule, who can argue with that? As it turns out, I have a lovely ceramic vase that Lloyd made that with some ferns from the garden, will be perfect. The glaze on the vase even matches the frame on his photograph, which will also be on display.

Yes, 88 and still working hospitality desks for various conventions for the New Orleans Convention Bureau. Her children keep bugging her to quit, but she says she likes it and can do it, so why shouldn't she? Like I said, no arguing with her. :) 

Thanks for the update on Lloyd. I want you to know I think about you regularly. 

quiet week after no minis last week since my daughter and here family were here to "pack".  got some of the Fire King safely packed,  wore my nerves down.......all she wanted to do was pack up all my houses.   NOT!!!  Love having my grandkids here for a week, but please, leave me to what makes me happy.  I have 6 grandkids and the closest is 5 hrs from me.  The one that was visiting lives in San Antonio, TX.  I'm not sure what possessed them to come up and "pack", the spouse hasn't put in retirement papers, so there is no hurry.  Honestly I doubt he ever will retire.

This week is my first lesson on How To Be the Executor of a Will.   :)   Lawyer finally got the paperwork from the courthouse, so I am now legit....and spent the day "bank-hopping".  My father had money spread out to several different banks, so I spent some time on the road getting a better picture of exactly what and where everything is.  Won't deny it - I was more than a little disappointed when I realized that the CD account where I was named beneficiary had actually been closed. :cry:  I had been planning out my mini work room renovation all weekend!   Ah well.

Oh a good note:  my daughter had another ultrasound last nite.  Baby Girl is looking good!  Except for that abnormality that the tech pointed out in her little toe.....  My daughter laughed.  "Nope. That is normal in my family. That's the Nelson little toe!"  It really made us laugh too!  Yeah- I think "Baby June bug" already has her Gpa wrapped around her little finger (or toe, as the case may be)!!  :cheezy:

Baby June-Bug little Nelson toe.jpg   That is my DD#1's foot....my DH's little toe is even more pronounced....it pretty much looks like the ultrasound pic!  LOL

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

This week is my first lesson on How To Be the Executor of a Will.   :)   Lawyer finally got the paperwork from the courthouse, so I am now legit....and spent the day "bank-hopping".  My father had money spread out to several different banks, so I spent some time on the road getting a better picture of exactly what and where everything is.  Won't deny it - I was more than a little disappointed when I realized that the CD account where I was named beneficiary had actually been closed. :cry:  I had been planning out my mini work room renovation all weekend!   Ah well.

Oh a good note:  my daughter had another ultrasound last nite.  Baby Girl is looking good!  Except for that abnormality that the tech pointed out in her little toe.....  My daughter laughed.  "Nope. That is normal in my family. That's the Nelson little toe!"  It really made us laugh too!  Yeah- I think "Baby June bug" already has her Gpa wrapped around her little finger (or toe, as the case may be)!!  :cheezy:

Baby June-Bug little Nelson toe.jpg   That is my DD#1's foot....my DH's little toe is even more pronounced....it pretty much looks like the ultrasound pic!  LOL

I'm 9 months into handling my BIL's estate. If you have any questions let me know. Start the creditors notices and publication's as soon as you can so that gets out of the way. I'm so proud that I was able to sell the condo in Vegas and the house in NC without too many issues.  I still have some personal property to sell through and Estate sales company. That's been the trying part. It seems after  something sells the estate only gets 10 cents on the dollar after all of the nonsense fees she tacks on.  

It is a lot of work. Do you know Excel? I recommend setting up a good worksheet for all of the accounting.

• Like 1

Thanks Sable!  :)  I work with some basic Excel at my job, so I should be able to set up something I can understand!  LOL  Good advice.  Since my mother is still living, it looks like a lot of this may be just changing ownership of accounts or moving funds from his multiple banks to her bank. Visited the last bank this morning!   Tomorrow is the tax appointment- which happens to be 2 doors down from where my brother lives (in the house my dad owns) with his girlfriend, daughter and grand-daughter....and not one of them is paying rent!.  Guess we know what we are doing after the appointment - giving them their notice of intent to sell!!

1 hour ago, jbnmini said:

Thanks Sable!  :)  I work with some basic Excel at my job, so I should be able to set up something I can understand!  LOL  Good advice.  Since my mother is still living, it looks like a lot of this may be just changing ownership of accounts or moving funds from his multiple banks to her bank. Visited the last bank this morning!   Tomorrow is the tax appointment- which happens to be 2 doors down from where my brother lives (in the house my dad owns) with his girlfriend, daughter and grand-daughter....and not one of them is paying rent!.  Guess we know what we are doing after the appointment - giving them their notice of intent to sell!!

Make sure you go to your State Treasurer's Unclaimed Money site and run his name.  My grandfather put money into multiple accounts for years. Years after he passed we went to this site and found accounts we never knew existed.

My BIL's NC house had a tenant who hadn't paid rent in over two years. My BIL didn't have the grit to evict him. I did though. If he had qualified for a mortgage I would have been happy to sell it to him but he didn't and it cost the estate over $40k for repairs and updates so we could sell it for a small profit.  Try to push for them to buy it so you don't have to spend the fix up cost and broker fees.

Feeling a bit on the grumpy as I am on My Third round of coughing fits along with fever since the start of the year. Got some "great" Medis for the evneing/night that makes me ever so sleepy and see the rainbow from the inside of My eyelids, Yay... or something like that.

that also means I am yet again home doing nothing much than going back and forth from the bed and the comfy chair thinking mostly about minis....

hugs

31 minutes ago, Anna said:

Feeling a bit on the grumpy as I am on My Third round of coughing fits along with fever since the start of the year.

Gosh, Anna. It's time for that nasty bug to depart! Sending some virtual hot lemonade with honey and a touch of vodka to you.

6 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Gosh, Anna. It's time for that nasty bug to depart! Sending some virtual hot lemonade with honey and a touch of vodka to you.

Ohhh, that sounds fab, Thank you! I'll save the vodka for later on though as the meds Will go funka with the breathing if mixed, atleast they say so :ermm: I Will substitute it for a slice of fresh ginger this time...

hugs