What are you up to today? This week?

14162 posts in this topic

Trying to stay cool ( almost 100 here!)  and out of the smoke from the forest fire!!!    I spent a lot of time today surfing Pinterest for patterns to make wallpaper.  I love making my own wallpaper.   I change my mind a lot but I love working with graphics. 

I'm having my 5th nose surgery tomorrow. My stomach is a nervous mess.  I don't know why I'm so nervous, this should be so routine to me by now. I guess I'm just sick of it!  Wear sunscreen so you never have to go through what I've been going through the past 4 months!

I don't think it ever gets routine.  Let's hope this one does the trick.

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I don't think it ever gets routine.  Let's hope this one does the trick.

Thank you so much, holly. You've been a great support through this, everyone has. One more after this. It's just such a cosmetic inconvenience, I'm so sick of wearing bandages on my nose to camouflage and cover the ongoing process to reconstruct it.  

Sable, glad to hear you're nearing the end of your surgeries. The bandages must be a real nuisance in Florida's heat and humidity.

14 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Sable, glad to hear you're nearing the end of your surgeries. The bandages must be a real nuisance in Florida's heat and humidity.

Thanks, Kathy. Good luck with the storm, you too holly. It's your turn to build a mini arc. I made mine a few weeks ago during our deluge. 

I know this is a terrible thing to ask, Sable, but did they give you any options on how you wanted to look or did they just say this is it, take it or leave it? I'm just curious and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, of course. You can hit me - I'm morbid.

By the way, these are hugs for you: {{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{{hugs}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}}

Our evac plan is to hitch up the camper & head for Wetumpka.  We are 87+ feet above the Styx River.  When we had a goat-soaker storm a couple of years after moving in that dumped over 12" rain in a day there were only two houses that didn't even get water in the garage, and that was because the county has not properly ditched our roads for drainage.  I use the present tense, because after that fiasco the county road folk came in & pent a fw days digging here & there, and they still apparently haven't figured out how to make water flow downhill.  Kathie, I worry about you...

1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Kathie, I worry about you...

Not to worry, Holly. Here on the West Bank we're well above danger from river flooding. All of NOLA has a drainage problem. Streets flood when there's a heavy dew. We just wait for the water to go down. The rain has dissipated somewhat as the storm heads farther west than predicted. This morning's concern are tornado warnings, but they seem to be east of the city. Two already near Slidell and Bay St. Louis.

Glad to hear you're high, if not dry!  Once the rain stops everyone here is gritting their teeth and waiting for the rivers to rise.  Our biggest worry is that the bridge over the Styx is over 60 years old and there are several strainers and one big blockage between us & I-10 that can let go of large trees and send them slamming into the bridge, and we will have a 50-60 mile detour to get to Pensacola.  The Perdido River's US90 bridge got replaced & raised when the new roadside park and boat ramps were built a couple of years ago.

17 hours ago, Sable said:

I'm having my 5th nose surgery tomorrow. My stomach is a nervous mess.  I don't know why I'm so nervous, this should be so routine to me by now. I guess I'm just sick of it!  Wear sunscreen so you never have to go through what I've been going through the past 4 months!

Hugs to you Sable.

Sable, I just went back and read my post and I realized that that was a very insensitive question. I must have been under the influence of the two sleeping tablets I took, all the car exhaust from outside the window, or just plain brain dead (or all three). Take your pick.

Anyway, I really want to apologize for what I asked and please just ignore that post. :doh::dunce::dunno::oops::wacko::flowers: