What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

131 steps? That's nearly 11 stories if you figure one foot per step and 12 steps per floor!! I sure hope that is a typo! *phew -- huffing and puffing just thinking about it*

41 minutes ago, KathieB said:

131 steps? That's nearly 11 stories if you figure one foot per step and 12 steps per floor!! I sure hope that is a typo! *phew -- huffing and puffing just thinking about it*

Nope not a typo :) counted it twice going down to breakfast and I most certainly huffed and puffed too! Pacing onself going up, small talking to the lizards that were darting about when going down...

52 minutes ago, Anna said:

Nope not a typo :) counted it twice going down to breakfast and I most certainly huffed and puffed too! Pacing onself going up, small talking to the lizards that were darting about when going down...

Photos?

Sounds wonderful, Anna - - well, not the stairs part!  :)     I am starting to pack for our vacation in Colorado next week.  With my aching knees and hands today, I am REALLY looking forward to soaking in the hot springs in Glenwood Springs! 

• Like 1

Best friends from Havana (FL) visiting this week shared the Jazz Gumbo with us last night and today we took them to the Naval Aviation Museum at NAS Pensacola.  We totally forgot that the Blue Angels practice their maneuvers on Tuesdays and Thursdays, so wonderful lagniappe for their visit.

• Like 1

On 7/19/2017, 7:56:05, sparklepuppies said:

Sounds lovely Anna! And have fun Jackie! :)

I am sad to report that the tech whose wife threatened me this weekend has been let go from his job. I know I had to say something, but I still feel really bad. 

Oh no!.. I hate to hear of anyone losing their job, but you can't blame yourself for this.. there is only one person to blame and that is his wife!... I'm not sure I'd want to be at there house at the moment... I can't imagine he's very happy with her. :(

I spent part of today packing up the Pottery Shop, the Bohemian Inn and the Beacon Hill and all their accoutrements. Tomorrow they'll be loaded into the car. On Wednesday I'll be driving to north Atlanta to visit my sister and go house hunting. It pains me to see them go into storage, temporarily out of reach, but it's not likely that I'll have a lot of time for building in the next couple of months. Not sure yet what I'll do with the condo. Sell? Rent? I dunno. It will all sort out. Meanwhile, with each trip  I make, fragile items will go with me in the car. I don't want to hand my houses over to any ham-handed movers.

I'll get my mini fixes here on the forum while looking forward to moving into larger digs with room for crafting and display.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

I spent part of today packing up the Pottery Shop, the Bohemian Inn and the Beacon Hill and all their accoutrements. Tomorrow they'll be loaded into the car. On Wednesday I'll be driving to north Atlanta to visit my sister and go house hunting. It pains me to see them go into storage, temporarily out of reach, but it's not likely that I'll have a lot of time for building in the next couple of months. Not sure yet what I'll do with the condo. Sell? Rent? I dunno. It will all sort out. Meanwhile, with each trip  I make, fragile items will go with me in the car. I don't want to hand my houses over to any ham-handed movers.

I'll get my mini fixes here on the forum while looking forward to moving into larger digs with room for crafting and display.

Kathie, I'm so proud of you for taking this step!  Good luck finding the perfect home.

I feel for you, dear heart.  I hate moving!

Monday we start moving DS#3 back to his house in Tallahassee.  The contractor emailed us last week that he is laying the new flooring this week and the house will be "move in" ready Friday.  After we get back home I expect the house to seem empty, as he has been a real help with some of the routine chores.

• Like 3

Moving is ok, when you don't have mini babies.  20 years in the Air Force, we moved a lot.  Never had the anxiety I'm having now.  I guess in the AF, I didn't have a choice and always had base housing to fall back on if we couldn't find a house right away.  This move is scary. 

• Like 1

Sick as usual and dodging lightning bolts..........its bad out here!   Not a drop of rain but cloud to ground bolts of lightning raining down everywhere.....Suppose this should go under the Weather topic....oops!:ohmy:     Can I whine some more?  Can't get back to my build with all the distractions lately.   I have almost decided on what my build will be once I get back to it though.......does that count?  

• Like 1

I have been futzing around making some furniture.

I really need to do the floors, but I am having electrical issues with the house. I haven't had the right attitude to trouble shoot the problem. I suspect it may be the junction splice. If it is not, I may just finish without power.

I am finding that when I run into problems I start thinking about the next build and spend my time online window shopping. I might need some of Roxy's jolts!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Roxxie2 said:

Can't get back to my build with all the distractions lately.   I have almost decided on what my build will be once I get back to it though.......does that count? 

Of course! About 85% of my builds are thinking, planning, scheming, researching, and ruminating. :D 

Travel update: the car is loaded. The Beacon Hill, Pottery Shop and the Halloween Hangout fit in pretty well along with some boxes of Lloyd's ceramic pieces. The footprint of the Bohemian Inn (Pierce) was a tad too big, but the skeletons were up for a change of scene. I am not looking forward to a 7-hour drive solo, but I'm sure it will be fine. Planning to leave early tomorrow to beat some of the heat of the day.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, KathieB said:

Of course! About 85% of my builds are thinking, planning, scheming, researching, and ruminating. :D 

Travel update: the car is loaded. The Beacon Hill, Pottery Shop and the Halloween Hangout fit in pretty well along with some boxes of Lloyd's ceramic pieces. The footprint of the Bohemian Inn (Pierce) was a tad too big, but the skeletons were up for a change of scene. I am not looking forward to a 7-hour drive solo, but I'm sure it will be fine. Planning to leave early tomorrow to beat some of the heat of the day.

Drive safe, and congratulations on your move.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mid-life madness said:

have been futzing around making some furniture.

Carrie....futzing is about all I have done lately!   I did open my container with all my half scale furniture and played with it a bit.  lol  I do love half scale I can fit all of my stuff in a small container.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, KathieB said:

LOL   The thing is,  I am only a third the way on this build and already spent several hours planning my next one...can you say distracted?   :hehe:

I have hardly touched Brimble's since The Kid has been here, but whilst I have been merrily stitching rugs for some of its stock I have listened to the grumblings from the stack of unbuilt kits.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, havanaholly said:

I have listened to the grumblings from the stack of unbuilt kits.

I have a closet full of those!   I really had intended to build the camper this summer but not to be............so far.   I always keep a folder going of ideas just in case I ever get to the other builds. 

I hear you all on the futzing.. work's been busy for me lately so I've been slacking on the San Franciscan.. but I haven't been slacking on mini online shopping! This futzing habit has caused my credit card to take a hit! :D

Luckily I've been picking up some overtime shifts at work to offset my online shopping spree. :rolleyes:

Today, my husband and I took a drive to Mt Tamborine (we rarely get a day off together so when we do, it's date day. :) ). We had lunch at the Bavarian restaurant because he loves German food and then he suggested I visit Custom Dollhouse because it was literally down the street from the restaurant. :D I said no no no.. I've been spending a bit online lately, I don't need to go in there. He insisted, and I wasn't going to prevaricate twice... 30 minutes later I was back at the restaurant with 6 Bespaq dining chairs, a Bespaq bed and two JBM tub chairs with cane side panels... He sat at the bar and drank German beer while I shopped... What a guy!:cloud9:

On 7/25/2017, 10:29:57, havanaholly said:

NOLA to Atlanta in 7 hours?  Do be careful out there!

Well, it took more than 7 hours, but I stopped several times to stretch my legs. The driving is easy; it's the sitting in one position for hours that's the killer.

On the bright side, I looked at 5 houses on Thursday and put in an offer on one. The universe (and a couple of recently dearly departed souls. I think) are moving me along this path. Every time I come up with a "but what/how ...?" obstacle, the answer reveals itself. Have contacted a property management agency in NOLA about managing the condo. I know it will be a hard sell, but as my nephew pointed out, renting it means mailbox money that will pay the mortgage on the new house. :) 

The Beacon Hill, Pottery Shop and Haunted Hangout are happy in their new storage unit, but they won't be there for long!

Feeling blessed in Georgia.

• Like 3