What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Kathie!! Kohl's!!!!  We have a love/hate relationship. I do way too much shopping there. Have fun, and good luck!

Oh, and glad you had a great time on your visit. My friend went to the orchard there a few months ago, brought us back some apple butter, yum. How lucky that you have a place to stay there.

Kelly, so glad  you are starting to feel better. I love Theraflu when I'm not feeling good. I add a tiny bit of sugar to it like lemonade.

Jackie, I second the request to see the Star Trek tree!

• Like 1

All this talk of cookers made me melancholy, my favorite of all time was in my cottage in the UK when I had an Aga, it heated all the water in the house too. I had  surface built gas rings for quick frying etc.  but nothing baked better bread than that Aga and the cool oven was great for popping sick chicks in, the gentle warmth brought them back real quick!!

I have a glass top electric now which is OK. I prefer gas for top cooking and electric for the oven but I don't have as line or I would have a dual stove. I am a messy cook so the glass top works for me, clean up is quick and no dismantling. I like that is has Sabbath feature and the lower part which we all use for storage can be gentle heated so it is great for proving bread dough. I also have a bridge element which is good for using a fish kettle except that is runs front to back and it would be better side to side, but we can't have everything.

I am sorry to hear some of you have been sick, sorry I missed the original part of the topic but glad to hear that you are all feeling a bit better.

Kelly I dare you..... if you do I may do!!

3 hours ago, jbnmini said:
3 hours ago, jbnmini said:

OK- here ya go.....my 2016 Star Trek tree! :clap:  I've collected every year since the Hallmark ornament series was introduced.  I've been a Trekker since I was a kid! 

star trek tree 2016.jpg

star trek tree detail.jpg

OK- here ya go.....my 2016 Star Trek tree! :clap:  I've collected every year since the Hallmark ornament series was introduced.  I've been a Trekker since I was a kid! 

star trek tree 2016.jpg

star trek tree detail.jpg

Want, want, WANT! Thank you for putting up the pics!

I have to admit, I'm not much of an Star Trek ornament collector, but every now and then something will show up on eBay that I just have to have. So now I own a Federation passport, a Klingon and a Romulan dictionary, and the old Enterprise blueprints. My next dream would be to buy some Romulan ale on eBay, but I'm a little scared to. If I can get drunk on a wine cooler...

Jeannine, you're on. Like I said, I have to check for mail almost daily and next week I'll have to do wash (and management isn't happy with our wandering down the halls half naked) and go to the store once more, but other than that, I'm in my night shirts until Christmas.

It won't be hard to stay out of bed for the next couple of days. I did not wake up today feeling as good as I had yesterday. But I always hate waking up in the mornings and now it's 6am and I'm up because I went to bed so early. Lately I've been up till 6am and then I sleep till 2pm (my friend says I'm turning into a vampire). But I think some breakfast in an hour or so and another couple of hours napping will get me feeling better again.

According to my Pacer tracker, I’ve been walking an average 4.5 miles per day in NYC. My legs and hips are about ready to divorce me. I think it’s the extra weight of gloves, scarf, boots, heavy coat, long johns, sweaters....which I’m just not use to lugging around.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

Tonight is wrapping and laundry, tomorrow is packing and house cleaning. Then Sunday morning we leave for a week vacation!  I'm so excited. We will return Christmas Eve.

How exciting! Enjoy!

Thank you! It's our first vacation in over 3 1/2 years. And we're taking a week off work, plus we get 2 weeks.

AND, I just happened to think a few minutes ago, we are going to visit Orlando one day. And we all know what's in Orlando!! I haven't been to Ron's in over 10 years. I'm definitely adding that to my list.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Made it to Mississippi.   Staying at Ramada a bit north of i10.  Only place he found  that allows fur babies.  Poppa didn't want to leave her alone  its our first trip since Miss Belle went over the rainbow bridge.   

I know what you mean, Lawanda. When we were snowbirding between Missouri and New Orleans, we had a regular motel stop outside of Memphis that accepted dogs. Twice a year, like clockwork. They knew us and our furkids.

2 minutes ago, sparklepuppies said:

Thank you! It's our first vacation in over 3 1/2 years. And we're taking a week off work, plus we get 2 weeks.

AND, I just happened to think a few minutes ago, we are going to visit Orlando one day. And we all know what's in Orlando!! I haven't been to Ron's in over 10 years. I'm definitely adding that to my list.

Ron's -- that's great! I've been thinking, when you're back home and have some time, we ought to meet at Miniature Designs. My friend Norma Jeane will be here between Jan 15 and Jan 22. We'll be going there sometime during that period, I'm sure! 

• Like 2

Sounds great Kathie! Just let me know!

I think after Christmas they start closing on Mondays. Which is a shame, because I'm off work the Monday of that week. But with a little notice I can come any day. But check ahead of time, so you don't plan your trip and they are closed!

Lawanda, my crew won't be too excited either. But they usually are good sports. Husband will go in with me for a few minutes. The boys (they are 18 & 21 now) will just wait in the car. But at least I can look around for a little bit!

After two days our computer has decided to let me post again!  It was Gallery Night in Pensacola, and you made me hungry for kibbeh.  Our usual Gallery Night eatery is Jordan Valley so I got their kibbeh, which is about the only way I really like beef.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, sparklepuppies said:

Sounds great Kathie! Just let me know!

I think after Christmas they start closing on Mondays. Which is a shame, because I'm off work the Monday of that week. But with a little notice I can come any day. But check ahead of time, so you don't plan your trip and they are closed!

Will let you know when we get her itinerary worked out. With quilt shops to visit as well as Miniature Designs, we'll have a busy week. 

1 hour ago, sparklepuppies said:

Kathie, if you're interested, we have a pretty nice quilt shop here in my town as well. I'm sure there's plenty on the north side to keep you busy, but just in case you need another... :) 

Thanks! We have three already on the agenda. She may want more, but that's enough for me (the non-quilter), and I have the car keys.

Will keep it in mind for a girls' day out with my sis-the-quilter when the weather gets nicer. :) 

I dont normally post in here but I just had to today! I am in the process of decluttering a storage closet and am so excited that I finally tracked down my copy of Making Dollhouses and Dioramas by Robert Schleicher! I bought this book literally 20 years ago when I tried to make a dollhouse in college. Ive held onto it for all these years and was so disappointed that I couldnt find it when I started up again. It’s an awesome how-to guide for everything from wallpapering to exteriors. I squealed with glee so loud when i found it that my daughter ran up to check on me because she thought I had hurt myself :D

• Like 3