What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

10 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

It looks like, with lots of clamping and a few *magic* words you could repair it, but I would definitely give that seller low marks!  What's with the balusters being out?

A few magic words have allready been in the works today, the balusters seem to sort be part of why the top broke of, it is really striving outwards and it is difficult to keep "in" am thinking of drilling a hole into the both broken of parts and securing the top part back with the reinforcement of a dowel. Might have to steam the curve back though...

sent the seller the same pics and told him I felt the response was poor customer service and depending on how he respond the gradig Will reflect it for sure.

1 hour ago, Anna said:

Now thisI look forward to seeing and follow along with! Been Gawking over some of her kits for a while Now 

It was my Christmas present to myself!  and I might add one of the reasons I was again looking at the magnifying lights, it is going to be tiny work, and my right eye is no where near the same sight as my left eye since the botched cataract surgery, they still don't advise glasses because it is still changing in sight.   I love the colors in the designs, and the rug looks like it will be beautiful.  The chairs have floss, but the rug is crewel yarn, on a 18 count canvas.  I was happy to see that they cut the canvas to fit a 12" frame.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, havanaholly said:

It looks like, with lots of clamping and a few *magic* words you could repair it, but I would definitely give that seller low marks!  What's with the balusters being out?

Got a response from the seller where he sort of frowned upon. Me saying that I thought it was poor customer service the way he responded, and that it wouldn't help in fixing it then adding a nonsens answer really. Firstin this mail he actually avsked what he could do to help, saying something about the cost of purchasing a set of housework posts etc etc. 

I responded:

"As I initially wrote to you it is disappointing when something you purchased arrives broken. In My  opinion, and that is only My opinion, your answer wasn't helpful and from a buyers point of view, mine in This case, you took no responsibility in helping but put it on me to fix. I am going to solve it somehow with what is readily avaliable over here, but as I Said and I stand by, I felt your way of responding was unhelpful and not taking responsibility for your product all the way and not very service minded, again My point of view as a buyer and I Will leave it at that. "

And I did leave a neutral feed back, starting the design was lovley but that the top post was broken when arriving...

Well, it's been an exciting week and not in a good way. DS2 and I spent Tuesday to Saturday in the hospital. He's not been sick for more than 3 days in his whole life (17.5 years) so our diagnosis of ulcerative colitis is a bit of a shock. Thank the Lord he is feeling much better now

• Like 1

Oh my goodness, how scary! Glad he's feeling better now, and hope things continue to get better.

Anna, for what its worth, that is a very pretty staircase and I hope you can get it fixed and not frown at it thinking about the situation when you see it.

Yesterday I made a trip up to Miniature Designs and met up with KathieB and her friend NJ. We had a great time, both shopping and visiting!

When I got home I put together I storage cabinet I bought from Michael's. It's meant to store scrapbook paper, but I was in a shopping mood that day, and it was on sale for a really good price. So now I have to figure out what to do with it! Maybe one or two shelves can hold a scrapbook case with paper scraps, I'm also thinking boxed or flat furniture kits, or maybe some furniture. I think once I start pulling stuff out I will find plenty to put in it!

http://www.michaels.com/mobile-storage-tower-by-ashland/10197918.html?utm_source=CJ&utm_medium=1357845&utm_campaign=11800482&cm_mmc=Affiliate-_-CJ-_-1357845-_-11800482&affSource=1357845_11800482

On Thursday, I got out another old cabinet that I had accumulated. One part of my job at work is to coordinate "dead tech" pickup from the schools. On a recent pickup, a school had gotten rid of this heavy wooden cabinet that had been used by the vocational dept for aptitude tests many years ago. Moat of the little testing things were still in it, and I kept some of those. As an extra neat note, it happened to come from my old high school, and was dated Feb 1987, which was my freshman year. I covered the front with some pretty fabric. I had first thought to paint or stain it, and try to remove the markings, but have decided to keep it as it. Weird thing is though, that the divides are vertical. So that will be more challenging to find things to put in it. Maybe doors or windows or other building components. The large drawer has more tiny vertical divides, so no clue what to do with that space .

A__45C5 (2).jpg

A__D62B (2).jpg

They're not really tall enough for that. The tallest is only 10" tall, and they are 9" deep. The sections inside the drawer are 1x4.5".

I have some scraps of things that will probably fit. And I do have some 8x10 picture frame mats that would probably just fit. I'll figure something out. But if anyone has ideas for the 15 or 18 little tiny slots, let me know! I have some packs of tiles in little carded plastic bags that might be good.

2 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

Well, it's been an exciting week and not in a good way. DS2 and I spent Tuesday to Saturday in the hospital. He's not been sick for more than 3 days in his whole life (17.5 years) so our diagnosis of ulcerative colitis is a bit of a shock. Thank the Lord he is feeling much better now

I am so sorry to hear this news. I have Crohn's disease and know what a pain in the butt it is!! My son who is almost 18 is about to have a work up to rule out IBD as well. It is nice to have a diagnosis. I recommend http://www.crohnscolitisfoundation.org/ They have great support groups and information.  If you ever have any questions please pm me. I would be happy to share/ help with my experiences with treatment and surgery. (((HUGS))) to you and your son.

• Like 1

Good for you, Barb! I love Janet's designs. Every year I tell myself, that's what I'll spend my Christmas money on, but other things keep coming up. This year, I put half of it up to start a Granville fund. Maybe this year I'll go for it. Anna! Sorry to hear about that snotty seller, but it's good that you're able to salvage that pretty staircase. Hmm. Tracy, that is a bit of an oddball cabinet. I'll have to keep thinking on what you can put in it. Sarah, sorry to hear about your son, I hope he's doing better before long.

3 hours ago, chapchap73 said:

So Sorry to hear this.  My husband has this and took medicine for years.  Heres the weird thing he gave up a lot of fruit and it became so much better and what I mean by a lot of fruit my husband could eat at least 6 pieces a day and now eats 1 to 2 pieces and some days none.  He also lowered his carb intake. Since all diesease can affect people differently this may not even be the case for your husband. Just thought I’d mention because it was so weird when it improved dramatically. 

• Like 1

I did my tip run yesterday. Wow, I'm unfit... everything hurts today after hurling various broken small appliances, a lawn mower and some old windows out. Not to mention moving the double mattress out to the shed all by myself (hubby's overseas visiting his sister). I just am not as self reliant as I was in my twenties! I need to pick up my game.

With the bed frame and mattress gone from the craft room I now need some storage solutions and a re-org. I'm currently browsing the Ikea website, because.. next day delivery. :D 

My mother was released from the hospital and is now in rehab to get her strength back.  My Ashley arrived and is waiting to become a Christmas house, but I don't have the energy or free time left right now to start it.  Hopefully, I will get to work on it soon.    I also just scored an Orchid on Offer Up, NIB, for $20.00.  Just have to go pick it up.

• Like 1

I'm trying to make a dress for a porcelain doll I gave my daughter some 25 years ago. Dolly has been sitting in a doll chair by my hearth for at least 10 years and the lace on her dress has become sort of grungy, even though it's been washed a few times. I'd been thinking of making her a new dress for almost 10 years now. I found some good fabric for a new outfit a year or two ago, but just hadn't gotten around to starting on it till this week. The last time I made any doll dresses was over 30 years ago when I made some cloth dolls for my then little girl. I threw the dolls out when I cleaned out some boxes in the basement recently, but I kept the dresses because they still looked really nice. Too bad they don't fit the porcelain doll. So far I've made about 5 bodice patterns, none of them are quite right. The last bodice looks pretty good, but my first sleeve is way too poofy. Back to the drawing board for me so I can fix the sleeve. I may take apart one of my old doll dresses to figure out a better curve for the sleeve. At least the skirt looks great.:clap:

38 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Holly...got my Kibbeth for lunch.  Nap time...  lol

Good on you!  Our local watering hole has hamburger specials on Mondays, so when we don't have jazz events we go there for supper on Monday.  I'm no burger fan, so I usually get a lunch-size entrée, and they stopped making my favorite because they "couldn't get the artichokes", but when the chef came out to see how we liked the new menu offerings I offered to bring my own artichokes if he'd fix my favorite entrée; so I have my little jar of 'chokes ready to go tonight.

• Like 1