What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Well this has to be the height of pre Spring boredom. I spent most of yesterday afternoon taking the bottoms out of my various sized loose bottom cake tins, drawing round them on yards of baking paper, then sitting in a recliner cutting out the various sized circles and marking the sizes on , then packing them neatly into Ziplock bags...and this is the same person who used to race a motorbike in her younger days!!

Today I am determined to do something more interesting..maybe I will organize my various sized dressmaking pins , remove the bent ones and make sure the heads are all lined up in the boxes..

Maybe I will iron my very large collection of lace handkerchiefs, that is always good for a days work.

Or maybe separating the frozen peas that are stuck together

I hate being bored with no motivation....

Does anyone else get like this after Winter and before Spring

• Like 2

On 1/5/2018, 7:20:31, rodentraiser said:

No, this isn't a quote from Kelly.I don't know why this box keeping popping up. I figured I might as well get it out of my way by writing something in here.  Okay, NOW can I write an actual message, quote boxy? - no, it won't let me. --- well, I was going to say to poor Karin - ouchies! I hope you feel better soon. Gotta go - the refrigerator guy is on his way to shim up the back of my new fridge so it won't lean backwards and cause the doors to slam shut.

14 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I went to take my son to school this morning, slipped on a patch of ice that was hidden under a skiff of fresh snow...at the top of a flight of concrete stairs...and down I went. I’m doing ok but layed up for now. I have a bad back on a good day, let alone after something like this. Needless to say, I am so over this winter weather. 

Yikes! The ice is so treacherous.. I'm glad you didn't break anything.. I went down on a piece of ice under snow when I was in Deer Valley. I was wearing my snow boots too but your feet just go out from under you so quickly there is no time to react. :eek: Luckily I was walking to the mountain and had my ski helmet on by chance. lol . saved my noggin because I smacked it pretty well. You'll need to get a helmet and elbow and knee pads for school drop off, if this weather continues..  :D 

21 minutes ago, WyckedWood said:

I went to take my son to school this morning, slipped on a patch of ice that was hidden under a skiff of fresh snow...at the top of a flight of concrete stairs...and down I went. I’m doing ok but layed up for now. I have a bad back on a good day, let alone after something like this. Needless to say, I am so over this winter weather. 

UGH I hop you feel ok tomorrow since the next day is usually a little worse. Take care warm bath, tea, and a good movie could help. 

Managed to get through all last winter and nearly all of the Summer unscathed and yesterday I woke up with the sniffles and today it's turned into a full blown head cold.. :cry: I don't do sick!

Thanks ladies, yes I am totally dreading tomorrow, I know it will be worse. I feel like I have whiplash:( pain is really settling in to my neck and back...my dogs are surrounding me giving me lots of caring, sympathetic looks so that helps. Thanks for the kind words!

Sam, I hope it’s of short duration. 

Just back from visiting my elderly dad in Canada.  He has good and bad days.  Last one was not good. He didn't want me in the nursing home, said it was dangerous.  I don't argue, its just worse for him.  so I sat in the airport for 5 hours.  Tomorrow I have my other bunion removed.  I guess Ill have lots of time now to check out everyones progress. 

Karin take care and rest up,  if you don't have any real bruising and you have just pulled something day I think  two is worse, day three is worse still, I think day four gets a tad better and day five is like day two etc so expect a week and no pouring molds as you have to be slow with your arms up which won't help!! Heal quick gal..

Joanne I am so sorry to hear about your visit to your Dad, if it helps my Dr told me when my husband got upset with me or I with him ,, seconds later he didn't remember,, but it is a long way to go for a bad day visit. Hugs to you .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Thanks ladies, yes I am totally dreading tomorrow, I know it will be worse. I feel like I have whiplash:( pain is really settling in to my neck and back...my dogs are surrounding me giving me lots of caring, sympathetic looks so that helps. Thanks for the kind words!

Sam, I hope it’s of short duration. 

Oh Karin, thankfully it wasn't a knock to the head. Go to the doctor if the pain is too much. I hope you heal quick!

1 hour ago, Beulah said:

Tomorrow I have my other bunion removed

I hope your surgery goes smoothly.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WyckedWood said:

Another reason I just won't live where there's winter anymore.  I remember during my freshman year in college (in Minnesota), we had a contest on our corridor where we kept track of how many times each of us fell on the ice.  At the time, we thought it was funny, but we were much, much younger then, and our bodies weren't as prone to serious injury.  Glad nothing was broken.  I really hope you feel better soon.

Thanks everyone, still really stiff but I can move around slowly. This morning the worst of it is the back of my arm/shoulder, I think that’s (one of the places) where I came down on the edge of the steps. Luckily it’s my left arm so I’m still functional. Thanks again for the kind words and advice, much appreciated.

• Like 1

That's the worst Karin! I hope you feel better soon. Maybe a hot bath is in order?

JOanne, I'm sorry to hear about your dad. I hope your surgery today goes well!

Things are starting to truck along here. I put a bunch of stuff up for sale on OfferUp yesterday and GOODNESS it all sold within minutes. Literally, minutes. I guess I priced them too low :D The realtor is coming Saturday to look at the house. I still need to clean some stuff out but hopefully I can get it looking ok for the walk through. I started really purging my craft room. I opened up the box of the San Franciscan I got on Craigslist a while back and just decided to keep the pieces I could use later for parts and toss the rest. It actually came with a BOATLOAD of hardwood veneer strips so that alone was worth the $40 I paid for the kit. I also salvaged some of the side paneling to use for room boxes. I ended up with two big bundles of 1/8" and 1/4" wood strips, a bag of tiny wood dowels (for stair cases), the wood veneer strips, and enough plywood for a small room box project. I feel like that's a win. I taped up my Glencroft and set it aside for storage :( . I still want to get a dollhouse specifically for Denmark. The Van Buren remains high on my list!

Well look at this.  Here's the goofy little house that I bought in Tuesday Morning that I made my Mouse House out of!  I forgot to take a picture before I worked on it. So Before and After.    

41xRweDObWL.jpg

mousehouse2sm.jpg

12 minutes ago, Roxxie2 said:

Well look at this.  Here's the goofy little house that I bought in Tuesday Morning that I made my Mouse House out of!  I forgot to take a picture before I worked on it. So Before and After.  

Cute, Roxy! Glad you found the photo! This is the "suitcase" house I found at Big Lots several years ago. I made it for my granddaughter, who was 5 or 6 at the time. She liked it well enough but her immediate reaction was, "Where's the bathroom?" I sent her an inexpensive set of bathroom fixtures but never did find out how she incorporated them into that tiny house. :D 

Photos in my gallery: Suitcase House

• Like 1

It was wonky in all measurements but for a few $$ I had fun lol  I'm going to donate it.   Loved your house!  I see it had the crazy windows and doors!  lol   I am getting into looking for different kinds of things to build in or around.  Its a challenge!

Well, yesterday I spent the whole day cleaning so that I could spend the whole weekend working on my Gypsy caravan!  My daughter has gone away for the weekend with her friend's family.  My son is doing Scout stuff all weekend.  Hubby is in the garage!

The most important thing however, is that yesterday I made a batch of ginger cookies using Gerry's recipe from the Miniature Mysteries books by Margaret Grace!!  WOW!  They are GOOD....well, actually they're really bad - but they taste so GOOD!!  Highly recommend unless you're watching your sugar/fat intake!  Warning: They are slightly addictive....

I just relisted my beach house on Ebay. Apparently the buyer didn't realize that the listing said shipping to US only. I thought Ebay screened that sort of thing out, but I guess not so well. I always found shipping items overseas stressful. I wanted my Ebay experience to be just simple, easy-peasy, no worries. I get paid and I mail the thing out - all done. When I shipped out the bungalow all sorts of things shook loose, even though the house was professionally packed, and that was just from Maine to Virginia. Maine to Spain? I didn't even want to think about it.

3 hours ago, grazhina said:

I just relisted my beach house on Ebay. Apparently the buyer didn't realize that the listing said shipping to US only. I thought Ebay screened that sort of thing out, but I guess not so well. I always found shipping items overseas stressful. I wanted my Ebay experience to be just simple, easy-peasy, no worries. I get paid and I mail the thing out - all done. When I shipped out the bungalow all sorts of things shook loose, even though the house was professionally packed, and that was just from Maine to Virginia. Maine to Spain? I didn't even want to think about it.

Well, you are a very nice seller.

No Ebay doesn't screen this stuff out. I accidentally bid on something that was US shipping only. I contacted the seller before the auction ended and asked them to cancel my bid. They refused. I then just hoped someone would outbid me. No such luck. The seller refused to cancel the transaction and insisted on a US shipping address. Ummm... I don't have one... That just left the transaction hanging there because when I went to pay (it was only 8 dollars and I just wanted to be done with the mean seller), ebay wouldn't allow it because my address was Australian and the shipping restrictions on the item screened that out.. a bit late then. I contacted ebay for help, even just to pay the stupid thing and let the seller relist it. Ebay were cool and said they could see from my communications with the seller that I had tried everything to resolve the situation and that I should just leave it there because after one month transactions are cancelled. What a nightmare. Needless to say I'm very careful reading shipping information before I bid on anything these days. 

9 hours ago, Samusa said:

Well, you are a very nice seller.

No Ebay doesn't screen this stuff out. I accidentally bid on something that was US shipping only. I contacted the seller before the auction ended and asked them to cancel my bid. They refused. I then just hoped someone would outbid me. No such luck. The seller refused to cancel the transaction and insisted on a US shipping address. Ummm... I don't have one... That just left the transaction hanging there because when I went to pay (it was only 8 dollars and I just wanted to be done with the mean seller), ebay wouldn't allow it because my address was Australian and the shipping restrictions on the item screened that out.. a bit late then. I contacted ebay for help, even just to pay the stupid thing and let the seller relist it. Ebay were cool and said they could see from my communications with the seller that I had tried everything to resolve the situation and that I should just leave it there because after one month transactions are cancelled. What a nightmare. Needless to say I'm very careful reading shipping information before I bid on anything these days. 

If you ever want something like that again, I would reship it for you. I helped out Aussie guy one time.

I mentioned last week that my son's car broke down at his school, 2 hours away. Well, a week later it still isn't fixed, and they told us today that it probably won't be worth fixing. It probably will need a new engine, they will know for sure tomorrow when they finish taking things apart. So guess I'm about to go car shopping. Bleh. And we will probably get us a car, and give ours to him. (we only have one car between my husband and I) Thing is, I like my car. But also, anything we get for us will cost more than what we get for him, and I don't really want a big (or lengthy) car payment. When we got a car for Lawson a couple years back, we paid it off in a year. That won't happen on anything we get for us. Oh well, a new car will be nice I guess.