What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Back in the day, I would have been overjoyed to see this lovely snowmobile-ready scenery. Now, I'm shivering with Tracy. Brrrr!

The photo is beautiful. It would make a great jigsaw puzzle. :D 

• Like 1

Today I have the final preop appointment for hopefully my final nose surgery. Tomorrow is the March for Our Lives walk here in Parkland. I’m still pondering how I’m going to get there. They expect 30 to 40 thousand people but only 1400 parking spaces will be provided unless I want to travel 20 miles away to take a shuttle bus to the park which is only 3 miles from my house. I think I’m just going to recruit a family member to drop me off as close as we can get to the park and hike the distance before the two mile walk begins. The kids have done a tremendous job organizing this event, I just wish the surrounding cities had offered more parking/shuttle  options.

20 hours ago, Debsrand56 said:

That is kind of cool, but I'm wondering how comfortable the river rock would be under bare feet?

Those shower floors are seen in many model homes in FL now. They are terrible since 30% of the surface area is grout. I hate cleaning grout. 

On 3/22/2018, 7:04:22, jbnmini said:

Oh my aching arms and back! 

The east coast is digging out from our 2-day March snowstorm....including me!  We had 12" here in my neck of the woods.  I was on my own as far as shoveling since hubby was stuck where he was working (about an hour south of home).  Hopefully he makes it home today and can clean up the driveway proper!  I got about half of it done and I just couldn't do it anymore, so I just cleared out the "tire tracks" so I could get out this morning!  I feel like a wimp, but with my Fibro and a bad knee I just can't do it like I used to. 

Here is the view from my side porch....  I like the little "mushroom" in the neighbor's yard (it's her bird bath!)  and the "conehead" on the squirrel feeder! :)  

IMG_20180321_175107.jpg

This is so pretty to look at. I know I couldn’t handle this kind of weather for very long. 

On 3/22/2018, 2:33:34, Qubanqtee said:

hopefully they are smooth and it would be like a little massage and not the kind you stub your toe on!

With my luck, I’d stub my toe every time :D

Jackie, you guys really got walloped this year with storms didnt you?! Hopefully you had a nice relaxing bath after all that shoveling!

Well we are off to Copenhagen for the week for our relocation visit. Lots to do! We have houses to look at Tuesday, Wednesday is the poking and prodding for residence visas and the rest of the week is just learning what life in general will be like. Josh got an Air bnb with a kitchen so we can try out grocery shopping which apparently is an intimidating task for most foreigners! 

• Like 1

On 3/22/2018, 2:33:34, Qubanqtee said:

hopefully they are smooth and it would be like a little massage and not the kind you stub your toe on!

With my luck, I’d stub my toe every time :D

Jackie, you guys really got walloped this year with storms didnt you?! Hopefully you had a nice relaxing bath after all that shoveling!

Well we are off to Copenhagen for the week for our relocation visit. Lots to do! We have houses to look at Tuesday, Wednesday is the poking and prodding for residence visas and the rest of the week is just learning what life in general will be like. Josh got an Air bnb with a kitchen so we can try out grocery shopping which apparently is an intimidating task for most foreigners! 

Today I picked up a small garden shed, a  yard wagon, and 10 bags of soil from Home Depot. The landscapers are coming on Monday to begin the backyard transformation. I'm excited, to say the least! They will be recycling the brick edging that annoys me (too rigid) into the border of a small oval patio area (pea gravel inside) as well as moving some plants and bushes and removing others. I'll be working on remaking the fire pit, which is too close to the wooden fence for me to even consider using it for its intended purpose. I'll build up a base from said border bricks to support the Buddha statue and fill in the open area with dirt for flowers. I'm going to prevail upon the workers to assemble the garden shed and drag the bags of dirt into the back yard. Gravity and I managed to get them out of the car, but they're too heavy even to lift into the garden cart to transport from garage to backyard. I think I'll start a backyard transformation blog. :D 

• Like 4

Can't wait to see the progress Kathie!

Today I spent about 15 minutes outside clearing out weeds and old leaves from my plant bed. That's about all I care to do, I am so not an outdoor gardening person. I had not done that before the new plants started coming up, so it was a little challenging. I planted an Easter lily 5 or 6 years ago, and it comes back up and blooms every year. This year it has 5 little "babies" around it. Some of them are too close together and probably won't make it, but maybe one or two might. Next weekend we'll go get mulch at Home Depot and put that out the following week. We are on spring break that week, and have a few productive projects planned. But I really hope to get some good mini time in too!

• Like 1

Ended up walking 3.8 miles at the Parkland March for Our Lives.  So proud of the turnout and our devoted students. Got fairly lucky with parking, my husband volunteered to sign people up for voters registration so we got to park a little closer to the venue. I got home in time to watch some of our students speak at the DC March, on TV. Great day!

• Like 1

Tracy, if the "babies" make it for the next week to ten days you can dig I all up, separate out the "babies" and replant everybody where you want them.  Bulb flowers were about the only kind that didn't just shrivel up and die on me (except for catnip; I couldn't kill it, even when I pulled it all up year after year; it's like hydrilla and kudzu!). DH  finally found a carrier that would hold both his bicycle AND my tricycle, so today we loaded them up and went over to Robertsdale to ride their bike trail that runs through town between US90 and SR104.  We met an awful lot of nice people using the trail for walking and one granddad and grandson and dog in their ATV; grandson took one look at my trike and said, "I want on of those!" and another couple asked us lots of technical questions because she also is having balance issues and can't ride a two-wheeler.  You're never too old to play with a dollhouse or to ride a tricycle!

Holly, my mother was legally blind, but she still delivered her Avon on her "Cadillac ".  It gave her freedom.  

Headed to the coast in the morning.  Meeting at credit union and housing inspector.  Really getting tired of the 8 hrs in the Navigator with a dog in my lap.   All seats are flat, she has the whole back of vehicle.  My lap is where she has to sit.  Oh well, can't leave her at home since Miss Belle crossed the rainbow bridge. 

Lawanda, one of DH's coworkers was legally blind, and when we got our Cannondale Tandem bike he begged for our old one; he and his brother, who was totally blind, rode one when they were growing up in CO.  I guess your other seats aren't as soft or warm.  Is she a very big dog?

Our friend is performing at another Jazz Brunch, so we shall head out later for "second breakfast".

On ‎23‎/‎03‎/‎2018‎ ‎3‎:‎04‎:‎22‎, jbnmini said:

Oh my aching arms and back! 

The east coast is digging out from our 2-day March snowstorm....including me!  We had 12" here in my neck of the woods.  I was on my own as far as shoveling since hubby was stuck where he was working (about an hour south of home).  Hopefully he makes it home today and can clean up the driveway proper!  I got about half of it done and I just couldn't do it anymore, so I just cleared out the "tire tracks" so I could get out this morning!  I feel like a wimp, but with my Fibro and a bad knee I just can't do it like I used to. 

Here is the view from my side porch....  I like the little "mushroom" in the neighbor's yard (it's her bird bath!)  and the "conehead" on the squirrel feeder! :)  

Wow!  That is so incredibly pretty!  I have never seen snow like this!  It just doesn't get cold enough here - in fact we hardly ever have frosts.  Does the cold affect your fibro?  I know that heat and humidity affects mine....

Well tonight the kids and I are off to an Ed Sheeran concert.  I am feeling so ridiculously nervous!  Thankfully we have a coach from our little area taking us and bringing us home so I don't have to worry about driving in major traffic and find parking.  However it's out of my comfort zone and I'm finding it really hard to settle to anything today.  I had to look after a friends three children this morning which was a distraction.  But now they're gone and my stomach is feeling full of butterflies!  I wish I could just feel excited rather than anxious!!  Big breaths....

2 hours ago, Shareb said:

Wow!  That is so incredibly pretty!  I have never seen snow like this!  It just doesn't get cold enough here - in fact we hardly ever have frosts.  Does the cold affect your fibro?  I know that heat and humidity affects mine....

Yes, Rebecca, the cold def affects the fibro!  And the shoveling didn't help either!  I've been suffering ever since.  Took a very lazy day on Saturday....hubby had an all-day chamber choir rehearsal so I slept in and mainly stayed upstairs and did laundry.  I did venture downstairs eventually and began work again on my latest rehab house....got some painting done on the 1st floor interior.  Was quite frustrated with my craft room lighting - or should I say lack thereof?- so this afternoon I took a trip to Lowe's to find some better lighting options.  Back home, putting together my two lamps was exhausting (only a fellow fibro sufferer understands how going shopping and then assembling a stupid floor lamp can be so exhausting!) so I just painted only one room of window trim before retreating to the sofa for the evening.    Will hopefully get some pics of my progress soon....

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, jbnmini said:

putting together my two lamps was exhausting (only a fellow fibro sufferer understands how going shopping and then assembling a stupid floor lamp can be so exhausting!) so I just painted only one room of window trim before retreating to the sofa for the evening.    Will hopefully get some pics of my progress soon....

Yep - totally get that.  Do you get a bit of anxiety too?  I certainly seem to more and more - not sure if it's age related or fibro.  Although fibro does tend to lend itself to anxiety apparently.  So freaken nervous about this concert tonight!  Plus a little worried about how my daughter and I will handle such a late busy night (she's just recently been diagnosed).  Being picked up in about 15mins so at least I don't have to drive and park!  That may have sent me over the edge!

• Like 1