What are you up to today? This week?

15485 posts in this topic

Lawanda, so happy for you that you’ve found and are finally getting settled into your forever house.

Could you send me some of your moving boxes? Kidding of course. I’m packing up the Vero house so we can replace the floor. Everything, including the kitchen sink must be moved out. So much fun! But I still haven’t picked out my new floor.

I had just arrived in Vero this afternoon to experience the Blue Angels flying directly over my house. They were practicing for the Vero Beach Air Show this weekend. Amazing sight and sound!

 

 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Sable said:

...experience the Blue Angels flying directly over my house. They were practicing for the Vero Beach Air Show this weekend. Amazing sight and sound!

Every so often we'll be out at Ft Pickens hiking or camping and our Blue Angels will give us a show.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, havanaholly said:

Every so often we'll be out at Ft Pickens hiking or camping and our Blue Angels will give us a show.

It is quite an experience.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've just found out that a very dear online friend has passed away.  She had COPD and has been struggling for a few years with it.  But her heart was huge and she had a way of connecting with people that made you feel like you were the most special person in the world.  I'm heartbroken....apparently it was very sudden.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sable, we have been looking at a water resistant flooring from home depot.  It's a click laminate that does NOT require any underlayment at all.  When we get back to MO I'll try and find the sample piece.  It's about 1/4 inch thick.  Super solid inner core.  It "life " something.  Lol

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, L Swearengin said:

Sable, we have been looking at a water resistant flooring from home depot.  It's a click laminate that does NOT require any underlayment at all.  When we get back to MO I'll try and find the sample piece.  It's about 1/4 inch thick.  Super solid inner core.  It "life " something.  Lol

Thanks, I’m familiar with it. Problem is I need 5/8” otherwise they have to glue down plywood to maintain the door jam height and that defeats the entire purpose. With the horrid experience I’m having with the current adhesive, I’m just terrified of it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shareb said:

I've just found out that a very dear online friend has passed away.  She had COPD and has been struggling for a few years with it.  But her heart was huge and she had a way of connecting with people that made you feel like you were the most special person in the world.  I'm heartbroken....apparently it was very sudden.

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs  your way. 

1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, L Swearengin said:

Hugs.  Sorry for your loss 

 

2 hours ago, NellBell said:

So sorry to hear this. Big hugs  your way. 

Thank you!  I really feel for her husband and kids.....apparently it was pretty unexpected. :( 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now