What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Wrigley went to the bridge yesterday. He flopped into my lap, gave a huge sigh and was gone. I feel like someone has reached into my chest, ripped my heart out and torn it into a million pieces. Loved this boy so much. You aren’t supposed to have favourites, but some just steal your heart that little bit more, because they are so special. He is the reason I haven’t been around, once I knew his time left was short, I wanted to spend my leisure time with him. The house feels so empty.... :(

26 minutes ago, Samusa said:

Wrigley went to the bridge yesterday. He flopped into my lap, gave a huge sigh and was gone. I feel like someone has reached into my chest, ripped my heart out and torn it into a million pieces. Loved this boy so much. You aren’t supposed to have favourites, but some just steal your heart that little bit more, because they are so special. He is the reason I haven’t been around, once I knew his time left was short, I wanted to spend my leisure time with him. The house feels so empty.... :(

I already knew from your IG post but I didn't know specifics - Sam, how utterly beautiful and heart wrenching that he came to you - he went to pass with you holding him.  I know that you are shattered, but in time, your time, how beautiful a memory you'll have of Wrigley with you.  I'm pretty sure you were his favorite too. Many hugs to you and the hubs, and Wrigley's other roommates.  

44 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

Hugs, Sam.

Thanks Holly. :) ((hugs))

25 minutes ago, Qubanqtee said:

I already knew from your IG post but I didn't know specifics - Sam, how utterly beautiful and heart wrenching that he came to you - he went to pass with you holding him.  I know that you are shattered, but in time, your time, how beautiful a memory you'll have of Wrigley with you.  I'm pretty sure you were his favorite too. Many hugs to you and the hubs, and Wrigley's other roommates.  

Thanks Susie. Cubbie is Sad today. He was always so boofy and used to bump Wriggles out of the way to get first pats, but yesterday about an hour before Wrigley passed his breathing was laboured and Cubbie came up to him and gently touched his nose to Wrigley’s twice. Like little gentle goodbye kisses... broke my heart... it will be my endIess regret that the vet didn’t get here in time to ease his transition.. but it all went south within a few hours at the end... I know we will all survive, we’ve been here before, but it just doesn’t feel like it right now.:cry:

10 minutes ago, Keifer said:

I’ll share some tears with you Sam as I still remember holding mine at that moment.  Totally gut wrenching...I really feel for you. 

Thanks Keith, take your pup on a memorial walk for Wrigley, Cubbie and I did one this morning. :) it was lonely but a good way to remember him... he loved a walk:dog:

Holly, had the Greek festival on my calendar,  but kids came here instead.  Took me to dinner last night for early birthday present.   Then today we went to an ocean adventures park in gulfport.   Fun but tiring day.  Came home and grilled ribs and burgers.   They head back  to FL after breakfast in the morning.

Maybe next year.  Still have the Pensacola one on the calendar. 

Lawanda, the Pensacola one is held at the Annunciation Greek Orthodox Church.  If you need directions they are here:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/Annunciation+Greek+Orthodox+Church/@30.4118603,-87.2364414,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x172b6229c2e0d62a!8m2!3d30.4118603!4d-87.2364414  Sts Markella & Demetrios is in Mary Esther, FL, and is very, very small; their festival packs out the Convention Center on Okaloosa Island.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Samusa said:

(((Hugs)) You loved him and gave him just as much happiness as he gave you.

I'm so sorry to hear about your furbaby, Sam.

I hope you don't take this the wrong way, but when you first said, "He jumped into my lap..." for one horrifying moment I thought you were talking about your husband and he was the one who had passed away. The visions that went through my mind in that second...it also doesn't help that when someone sees a thread on the side of this site, they only see the last line of the thread! :glare: And that was Nell's post. LOL

I figured it out yesterday. My dog would be 41 years old in a couple weeks if he were still alive. And I still miss having him around.

19 hours ago, Samusa said:

Oh, Sam.  I'm so sorry to hear this.  I cried when I read your post.  It's so hard to lose a beloved pet, and I know there are some pets that are truly special.  I had a cat (named Samantha, as a matter of fact) for 18 years.  She was the kitty-cat love of my life, and I will always miss her.  Even though I also love the pets we've had since, she's still "the one."  We've missed you around these parts, but I knew you were spending time with Wrigley, and I'm glad you got to have that time with him.

Sam, I’m sorry for the loss of your beloved dog. I’m sure you have many fine memories of this family member.

Packed and ready to go to Europe for a few weeks. Twiddling my thumbs until we leave when I decided to make a mini suitcase for my worldly traveled niece whose birthday is the day after her brother’s wedding in England. So I thought I’d make something special for her. Found a world map fabric in HL. So hopefully I can get it made before Wednesday.

It’s Maya’s birthday today. I CANNOT believe she’s 15. Where has the time gone?! She’s such a lovely young lady, though, and Im so proud of her. She was giving me a good ribbing this morning because I didnt let her stay home today. School is school though and she needs to go. 

We have friends coming in to stay with us for a week. They are seasoned travelers so Im sure they will be out and about a lot of the time. I’ve been trying to find inexpensive things for us to do. I love it here but it is quite expensive for Danes and tourists alike. There are lots of ways to see the city for practically free though so Im sure we can give them a good tour. I think we may take them up to Kronborg Caslte in Helsingør this weekend. That was the castle that inspired Elsinore in Shakespeare’s Hamlet.

11 hours ago, SewMini said:

It’s Maya’s birthday today. I CANNOT believe she’s 15. Where has the time gone?! She’s such a lovely young lady, though, and Im so proud of her. She was giving me a good ribbing this morning because I didnt let her stay home today. School is school though and she needs to go. 

We have friends coming in to stay with us for a week. They are seasoned travelers so Im sure they will be out and about a lot of the time. I’ve been trying to find inexpensive things for us to do. I love it here but it is quite expensive for Danes and tourists alike. There are lots of ways to see the city for practically free though so Im sure we can give them a good tour. I think we may take them up to Kronborg Caslte in Helsingør this weekend. That was the castle that inspired Elsinore in Shakespeare’s Hamlet.

Happy Birthday to Maya! Now I know why she’s such a great student and all round cool chick. She’s a fellow Virgo! :cheer:Let her eat cake! (Did you find any cocoa powder?)

1 hour ago, sparklepuppies said:

Guess what?! We went to Helen, Ga yesterday for a short overnight trip. And for my souvenir/birthday present, my husband bought me a cuckoo clock! The Bavarian themed one, that matches the dollhouse and shadow boxes in my kitchen. I am so excited!!  

Neat! I'm planning to take friend NJ there when she is visiting early next month. :) Is there any place not to be missed? We're also going to Dahlonega. Love those mountain towns.

We just did the shops. That's really about all there is. Mama and my sister said there were other activities... But I guess we're not much fun.  Too cold to do tubing, but we weren't interested in that anyway. We also don't visit bars.

But there are candy places with delicious fudge! And a Christmas store (actually I think 2) that I planned to visit, but after the clock purchase figured I'd better stay out. And I saw some really cute laser cut wooden ornaments shaped like little buildings and trains, some with tiny gingerbread men. Those almost came home with me.

The one big activity we did was Anna Ruby Falls. That was really nice. It's just a few miles north, but realistically about a 15-20 minute drive since it involved windy roads. The trail to see the falls is only .4 miles and is paved. There were a lot of picnic tables with good creek views.

You may want to keep in mind that Oktoberfest runs daily in October.  That's a popular event ("biggest in the world" or something), so I would imagine you'd want to go on a weekday, and in the day time.