What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

REALLY WISHING I had the time last week to cut my pieces for my Garden buildings, while we had the break in the weather. now it will be awhile temperatures and snow are falling , Love the snow but really in the mood to work on G scale garden buildings 

* goes running to grab Mike in a big -gentle- hug* {{{HUGS}}}  SO good to see you!  I had to chuckle....yup, you just couldn't help yourself, could you?  :p Looking forward to watching the Lake View build.

So Happy to see you Mike, LOTs of hugs coming your way and here Will be eye candy too :) Yay!

as for me, we have had a Slow weekend in the best kind of ways, ie been fiddling in the studio with the minis and also finished packning  the stuff needed  for next Sunday mini work shop creating mini tulips. Really looking forward to that too.

Hugs, hugs, huggggs!!Mike :D 

So great to see you back. I’m so glad to here you are doing well enough to be bored. Always a good sign I say! I’m really happy to see you building again too. Our hobby can be so theraputic. 

Spent the weekend nursing my hubby- had a back muscle seize.  I know how painful and frustrating it is- had it happen to me, and it eventually herniated a disc. I do not want that to happen to hubby, but DANG I hate this.  I'm sorry, but I seem to have NO patience for a man-cold or any other man-ailment. (Sorry guys.)  :crazyeyes: 

• Like 1

I feel for you, Jackie.  Mine wanted ham for Christmas dinner and his gout had been under control ever since he started meds for it over ten years ago; well, he can wear shoes now, but that darned tophus is still swollen somewhat.

Had three domestic things (and a few hours of work things) that I vowed to get done today, and got them all done, so I guess I can go continue to work on my mini domestics :p: spraypaint mini furniture (OK, that is a mini thing); scrub the tub; bathe the "kids". Despite some furry people's best efforts, we're all much cleaner now. Ed can't stand being sprayed with water-- he loses his furry little mind-- so I tried swabbing him down from a shampoo-ey bucket of warm water instead, which was a bit less traumatic.

Think I'm coming down with my mom's cold/flu/whatever today. The nose feels plugged up with a side order of itchiness inside it, and I have that darn tickle in the back of my throat which will probably morph into full blown soreness later. Also my ears are popping when I yawn, so I must be getting a little sinus pressure, and I seem to have a low fever, so I may not be around for a few days if things get worse.

We got our flu shots at the drugstore chain that matches with vaccines for third world children because our doctor said the drugstores' vaccine concentration is the strongest one recommended for us old folks.

Well......we have a new kitten.....he's a red Birman called Archie (from the old comics) and he's 21 weeks.  He's been here for a week and a half now and the other two birmans are quite happy with him around now.  The other exciting news is that our boy Jack arrives home on Sunday!  Sooooo excited to have him home!!  I'm trying to get the energy to do housework today.  I was out from 6.30am to 6pm yesterday helping Jack's mentor and his wife run a holiday robotics programme for a group of Chinese children aged from 10 - 16 who have come from China to NZ especially for the programme!  They were left in the lurch by one of their normal helpers so I volunteered!  It was a heck of a big day - and while I'm quite used to working with kids, and do really enjoy it, it was an interesting experience due to lack of English (although there were translators there).  I have to say - regardless of culture, kids are the same everywhere!  I really do love working with kids!  But with my fibro it was a long day and this morning I've woken feeling utterly shot!!  I've had a couple of big painkillers and a coffee and now I'm waiting for it to kick in!  I have to do a water change in my fish tank, dust and vacuum the whole house and clean the bathrooms.  sigh.  Seriously - does anyone actually enjoy housework??

• Like 2

Just dropping by.. I finally have managed to get over my trip, it took more out of me than I thought it would. my docter was right about that..Canada to Holland, then over to the UK, back to Holland then back to Canada in 4 weeks is a lot of travelling. I got to have a few days rest at my nieces in England but most of the Holland time was very stressful. . . I spent a lot of time at my DIL's  palliative care home It was a beautiful place, very caring. She seemed quite settled when I left on Christmas eve morning, the paralysis was as far as her middle torso so she was still able to be raised slightly and was able to work on her crochet. It was tough to leave.  The paralysis  started to climb higher about a week ago and she died the day before yesterday.I am so glad I went over there, we had a few fun days and some quality time. Nuff for now XX Jeannine 

What special memories you have now of your beautiful DIL Jeannine.  I bet your visit made such a huge difference to them all, I'm sorry that you've had a hard time getting over the travel etc, but I'm sure it was exceptionally worthwhile for you all. xxxx

THanks Holly - he really is!  I had forgotten that all babies are hard work!