What are you up to today? This week?

heidiiiii

Here's what I'm up to today ... a field trip to Powell Gardens, a huge botanical garden near Kansas City. Lloyd and I were there last Saturday for the opening of an exhibit of African stone sculpture. The exhibit is fanstastic, and we want to spend more time with it, but I'm also taking the plan from the landscaper to the perennial garden to take notes of particular plants I'd like to see in our garden. Powell Gardens

The house painters are busy with their sanders on the outside of the house, so this is a very good day to be gone! I hope they don't drive the dog too nutso. :welcome:

Was going to clean out my shop today, but everytime that I do, somebody messes it up again. I think I'll save time & not clean it, just work on my Magic Shoppe today. It is 99% done.

Steve

Steve, I love the magic shop! It's coming along so nicely!!!!!

My day today: trying to find my (life-size) house. I really don't get it! It was clean when I started my 5day stretch of overnight shifts, and now, it's pretty close to being trashed. Other than a few kitty toys strewn about, I'm pretty sure it wasn't the fuzzies.......so what the heck did DH get up to while I was working???? LOL I know it wasn't anything weird; he's just a messy guy, and I did know that before I married him....but it still does get frustrating at times. Ah well. I've had my little vent, I'll get the place picked up, he'll make me a nice dinner tonight, and all will be well. Tomorrow, I have a staff meeting at work, then some bills (YUCKY!!!!) and then I plan to spend the rest of the day on my contest entry, in between loads of laundry. I work this weekend, and then we shall see what next week brings.

Thanks Jen. Today...Mow grass before rain hits. Rain should be out of here by Sat., when we have our town-wide yard sale event. Then the big job ! Find a place to put the Magic Shoppe, so I can get back to other unfinished projects.

Steve

I am still under the weather. Tomorrow is dr appointment. I am really getting tired of this. I spend most of the day on the couch.

I went out with Fred yesterday to run errands and it was a big mistake. I was sick to my stomach the rest of the evening. I think I need my gut checked out. I have been losing weight because I am not eating much. I am not eating much because my upper gi hurts 5 mins after I eat.Then I get nausea and gaggy. I could be from all the coughing that I am doing but i want to tell him anyway.

That is why I am not mini-ing much or chatting much. Pray that this runs its course soon. I am planned on going to Sturbridge with Dawn at the end of the month. If I still feel this way I do not see myslef going...And I will be majorly Pee`d off at my body. So this has to end NOW. I will not miss Sturbridge again! ROFL

Heidi I know how you feel, when back to Dr. for a follow-up yesterday cause usually after 5 days of antibiotics I feel much better but this time I still feel like crap. Blood work shows I still have a very bad infection so more antibiotics. Funny you should mention the stomach pain about a week before this bout of bronchitis started, I was expericing the same type symptons.

I want to feel better so I can mini and also be able to concentrate on catching up at work. So other than laying out of work and lounging around, I'm just not doing much of anything.

Peggi,

I am so glad you said you are/ were dealing with the same thing. I just do not want to eat because of the pain. I havent thrown up but sometimes it feels like I want to. And i am not eating much so I am not overeating to get sick. I also have in and out bouts of laryngitis. Talk fine now..later on sound like a frog. It feels like the food is just sitting right under my rib cage..marinating. Fred made breakfast for dinner last night and I actually gave away my 2 slices of turkey bacon..THAT NEVER HAPPENS!

I hope you feel better soon...me too. I am thinking so much about the end of the month because I want to go so badly but it is also that I just cant do anything around the house. I am like a walking corpse...bad visual but you get the idea. Feel like crap, look like crap, sound like crap. LOL

Anyone else feeling like Peggi and I? Is this creepy crud just hanging on...do you have stomach pains too?

off to the dr office this morning. Hopefully I will get some relief. Family is getting sick of me turning the volume up on the tv...LOL

Going to need a horn up to my ear and say *Heh..Whatyasay?*

Today is the day to start getting serious about all of the stuff on the To-Do list. Lloyd & I are leaving for California on Tuesday Before we leave we're having a small dinner party on Saturday night, the lawn needs to be mowed, the rest of the windows need to be washed, caulked inside, rehang the inside shutters in the dining room, and get all of the curtains ironed and hung. Plus give my craft area a general clean-up for company, gather pictures to print and assemble a photo album to take along for the Luddite relatives who are still without computers and haven't met Lloyd's daughters. The dog needs a bath, which is always hard on both of us, so I won't be embarassed to take him to the vet for boarding. On top of it all, I'm having to give Lloyd injections of Lovanox in his abdomen in preparation for the colonoscopy on Monday; neither of us are thrilled about doing it.

I'm focusing on Tuesday night as the first possible time to relax. We're going to take the girls to our friends' home, where they'll stay while we're gone, then spend the night at a motel near the airport where we can leave our car while we're gone and take the shuttle to the airport the next morning.

Oops! I hear the house painters outside. Guess I'd best get dressed, since the windows in here are still curtainless!

Ick Heidi, hope the antibiotics are helping and that you will start feeling a LOT better real soon!

As for me today, hmm, have been doing some laundry the regular washinging up dishes etc etc, taking the vacum cleaner for a spin :thumbup: primed the interior dividers for Mr LE Arthur on both sides two coats, preparing the dinner that will be BBQed later on as well as a pasta sallad, taking care of some weed growing between the stones in the walkway leading up to the front door and right now I am doing nothing at all LOL, my back is tired and my hands are whining...

Soon I will take out the instruction booklet for Mr LE Arthur though to see what else I can get done prior to actually assemble him.

Hugs

Once I start feeling better, Anna, I want to continue with the Le Arthur. He has been sitting in the livingroom patiently waiting for my attention. I stalled on the roof pieces in the front because there is an issue with a huge gap caused by the wall for the 2nd floor.

Post pics of your progress!

What am I up to today... Hmmm...

Well I was going to launder all the linens and blankets, weed-eat the back yard, bathe the fuzzy kids, clean the bathroom, go post a package and possibly scrub the linoleum, but right now I am sitting here drinking coffee, thinking how achey my back is and how much I really need to get the Beacon Hill bay roofs finished, so... Maybe some subset of my original aspiration... The fuzzies don't enjoy baths (though they seem awfully proud of themselves after the fact when they're all clean and damp!) and it's a continuous struggle to keep them in the tub, which tends to do in my back, but they could really use a soapy scrub... I'll have to start complaining again to hubby and maybe he'll install one of those shower attachments with a flexible hose...

House is cleaned, dinner is prepped for guests at 7, more details for California trip nailed -- found out this morning that some of the terra cotta Chinese warrior statues are on exhibit in Santa Ana beginning tomorrow. We're putting some time into the California whirl-wind tour schedule to see them. What a not-to-be-missed opportunity! :thumbup: Now, maybe time for a little nap.

Revision, revision, revision...and the landlord decided she wanted to inspect the flat this weekend, so I've had to try to fit cleaning in too. Chris was very good and did the kitchen and bathroom. Still got hoovering in the morning. Ideally would love it to be spotless and perfect, but realistically revision is more important, so if she wants to come this weekend, she'll have to see the flat as it is lived in!

Muriel :thumbup:

Day off from the library, so have to attack some cleaning projects. I say that every weekend, but I get sidelined with visitors or events. Today it was a MUST do situation. I'm going through chifferobes and closets to get rid of old ratty,outgrown clothes. The local thrift store donates much of their proceeds to the local children's hospital and Children's Chance, so we go for sending items there if they are decent enough to get a sale. We have at least three boxes, so now I'm going to rearrange and neaten the drawers they came out of.

Worked on the RGT Lincoln stairway, which is now primed/painted/treads topped with walnut flooring scraps and varnished. They look nice! I will install them when the light is put over the front door and the floor is finished. Also threatened son #2 to get that light installed so I can attach the second story floor soon. He's at the eye rolling stage of 16, so this was not productive. Gave the hallways another coat of the soft creamy pinkish paint. I really like how it will warm up the dark walnut floors. I'm still done selecting the wallpapers. I have enough for two rooms, but the other two are short a few sheets, but are patterns I really like. There is a garage sale on the 31st at the mini store near Charlotte, NC, so I may wait till then and see if they have more of those patterns. They have a very good selection.

Son# 2 and Jim went to a pen turning class at a local woodworking shop this afternoon, so am anxious to see what they bring back. I put my order in for them to find me some additional mini clamps while they are there.

Son #1 and I did yardening and pulled lots of honeysuckle vines from the shrubs. This is a big chore here, as honeysuckle and autumn clematis can almost overgrow kudzu. We hacked and whacked a path to the front steps so we can spot the snakes before we step on them. This is not a jungle, but pretends to be this time of the year when we get rainy days and rapid green growth. Our neighbor lady is deathly afraid of all critters and has cut down all her shrubs and trees and poured mothballs around the base of her house. She once dragged our boys over to save her from the bats that were flying around her front door...turns out they were bumblebees, :thumbup: bless her heart.

It's been a full day! Got up around 5:30 and dragged out my tomato grow house from the basement. Doug and I put it together, and I found out that my planter bench fits perfectly inside. Brought out my baby peppers and tomatoes and put them in the grow house, then brought out a few more "tender" houseplants and put them in there, and zipped it up. A while later it got very hot = 92 - and I unzipped it and gave everyone a nice drink. Got all the earth boxes planted with seeds and put their grow covers on them. Then it was soooo nice I decided to BBQ some chicken and we had a lovely dinner outside. Now I'm inside as it's too hot out and I' m also doing laundry and a few other things. What a lovely day!

Did a transport run for my dog rescue group, five and 1/2 hours round trip. Not much else will get done today although I will do some more work on accessories for Elrond's Library. I found a bunch of unusual beads on Etsy that may well do for ink wells and little what nots. Also some statues for the tower and garden.

Perfect day here! Temp around 80, but dry. Clear sky until sunset, then a pink/blue/orange show as the sun went down. We're late getting supper, but are grilling chicken breasts/mushrooms and have SC grown rice. A pinot noir we got a recent tasting is in the glasses. Jim and I went shopping at Lowes for some items for the new store. While there I convinced him that the shop needed plants. Being the guy he is, the plants had to be spectacular...2 orchids, which should do great for awhile till we rotate them home after blooms fade. Because he had a buggy full of greenery, I was able to slip in a few pots of pretties for me. A nice bougainvilla and some plants for the pots along our front steps... Sweet potato vines/petunias/evening primroses.

Hunted up a new-ish roll of masking tape and I thought I were fit to get glueing on Mr LE Arthru when I sort of had one of those :flowers: moments, so back to the paint table and finished the first floors ceiling in white, just to fit the ida I have of an ornamented ceiling, sheesh :popcorn: ... So while waiting for the first coat of paint to dry I went outside in the garden, moved the lawn as well as trim the grass edges all over (sounds worse than it is really as the garden isn't that big) so now the hands are a bit shaky after going aruond with that little trimming machine I have. Have a pot of coffee brewing and will have a nice sit down while pondering what else I might have forgotten prior to actually bringing out the glue bottle a second time...

Hugs

Still feel yucky but the inhaler gives me a nice buzz...LOL

I think I go back on Thursday..hopefully this will be all cleared up by then. Ears havent started popping yet either.

He wouldnt have put me on an antibiotic for the ear infection if it was only one ear and if I wasnt so deaf. But both ears are affected and luckily I am in no pain from them. He wanted to ward off me getting a sinus infection which would have been the next thing to hit me..

The upset stomach is from the coughing and the mucus building up in my gut (running down while I sleep)..Mmmm! LOL

I must be feeling better because I cooked dinner tonite. Black bean burgers, lemon potatoes and stir fried baby spinach and broccolini.

Oh yum, Heidii! That sounds fresh! We had grilled pork tenderloins with an apple/cranberry/grainy mustard relish and leftover bits of rice/noodles/potatoes. We love the recipes we get from 'Cooks Illustrated' and 'Cooks Country' magazines (same publisher).

My friend Judy (next door) called around 9 this morning to ask if I wanted to go walk the new path across our big Lake Murray Dam. This is about 4 miles total (back and forth), so not hard. The day was cloudy and windy, but lot's of sail boat traffic out on the lake. This is one of the largest earthen dams in N.A. We had a very nice visit and by the time we got across to sit on benches facing the lake at the State park end, the sun had come out and was chasing the clouds with gusts of wind. The day turned out in the 80's, but didn't feel that hot when we sat there. Then later in the day Jim and I shopped Lowes for a few green plants for the silver store. Grenery was definately needed in that shop!

Feeling better today. The inhaler must be doing it`s job. Not coughing like the Marlboro man anymore. Still a lil woozy from the infection but not as much as before.

I am willing myself to get better...Trip to Sturbridge is fast approaching!