Sturbridge Mass. Miniature Show

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heidi, have you called the hotel to get prices and availability? If I take a class it would be the painting one I think, as that was the other thing I really want to learn how to do. I can go, and can drive if you are interested we can share a room with 2 beds an split the gas costs. Let me know. I remember a few of the ladies are taking the lamp class which is am and the painting one is pm. Dawn

Oh, I want to go so much! Molly sent me the card last week, and I've been drooling over it since I got it. Why oh why do the tourists think they can't come to Maine until after July 4th, and why do they think the season ends on August 15th!!! I need to make some money!

I reallllllllly wanna go! I don't think I'd be taking any of the classes this time around, just coming down for the show....Now it's deciding if we'd be coming down Saturday and staying over or just making a day trip.....If it's just a day trip then I have more money to spend at the show, right? :)

The actual show is May 31st and June 1st..(Saturday and Sunday). I think Saturday is a preview showing.

I cannot find the paperwork that we got from the Danbury show anywhere. The only classes that they show online for Saturday morning are the Chandelier class (looks good) for $120, Pair of box candles $50, painting 101 basket of flowers $65, bonnet and parasol $45, dinner for two $35, and wooden barrel washing machine $20.

On Saturday Afternoon, there is Dressing a bed $95.

Are you thinking maybe coming on Saturday and leaving on Sunday? Or something else? Splitting the cost of the room and gas if fine and dandy with me.

I left a message at the hotel and waiting for contact person to call me back

The Preview is Saturday night and you have to make reservations for it. The Show is on Sunday. I am planning on going with Kate. We both already signed up for one of the classes on Saturday and will be back on Sunday with other people as well. Anyone want to meet us there?

I'm definitely going, too! I love that show!

However, I usually just make plans and then hope I can stick to them when the time comes. If someone in the family gets sick, maybe I can't go at all. If someone has an early or late committment, that would affect what time I go. But since I'm only going on Sunday, that makes the planning easier.

I'll subcribe to this thread and post again closer to show time. I'd love to meet you guys!

Dawn and I are going to have a slumber party at Sturbridge! LOL

What fun that will be huh? I have to warn you Dawn..I snore..not cutting wood but it is there. I will buy you some ear plugs! LOL

Am used to it, DH saws wood big time. He tells me I snore too, but then I don't hear myself so i wouldn't know!!! I sent in my pre reg thing today, and Called the lady for the painting class, had to leave a message for her to call me back on Monday.

Dawn,

Is it the Painting 101 basket of flowers for $65?

If it is, I will send out my pre-reg on Monday with the mail.

I looked at the form and it is just for pre registration for the preview admission (also sunday)

I am guessing I just send the payment of $15 now and ask the person about signing up for the class?

Let me know what she says if there is room for 2 more...

I told Fred and he was very happy for me since I missed the show last year. He knew how badly I wanted to go. I told the girls and they both said..*who is going to feed me?* ROFL!

Then they said * I do not approve.* LOL

Mom is getting out and about. It is ruffling some feathers. Oh Well. Still going. Do not care!

Yes I think that is how it works. I mailed the 15 off and have the call in to the instructor, I will ask about 2 and reserve 2 if I have to when I talk to her.

Thank you.

This is going to be fun!

Okay..Show of Hands..Who else is definitely going? Dawn has this leaf pattern that we all wore to the Danbury show that we all can wear so we know who is who at the show.

Anybody else staying overnight?

Here is a link to the Sturbridge MA area. I am going to look to see what else there is to do in the area that weekend when we have some down time.

My registration check cleared yesterday. Goody!

Here is a link to the Sturbridge MA area. I am going to look to see what else there is to do in the area that weekend when we have some down time.

My registration check cleared yesterday. Goody!

Heidi, definitely don't miss going to Wright's Factory Outlet. Go right after you leave the hotel, and drive for a mile or so. Eventually you will see some brick buildings on both sides of the road. The one on the left is an old mill, called Millyard Marketplace.

Right after the mill is a steep driveway. Go down there and park. Wright's is inside. It isn't as good as it used to be, not as many crafts, and you can't fill up a whole trash bag for $5 any more, but it's a lot cheaper than retail stores.

There is tons of trim inside, and a lot of cloth for quilters. There are also some other neat shps there, but I don't expect there will be a lot of money left for shopping after the miniature show!

http://www.wrights.com/wrights/products/products.htm

Yeah! More people are coming!

This is going to be so much fun. Are you all going to stay over or just stay for the day on Sunday?

How cool is it that we have Camille in our midst? Hello and Welcome Camille!

• 2 weeks later...

Can you hear it???

It is me giggling with delight. The month of April is almost over. One more month to go and Dawn and I will be off on our adventure!

I have been saving like a mad woman just to help pay for the gas for the trip! I missed the show last year and i am not going to let that happen this time around.

(unless something catastophic happens to either of us..NO NO NO!)

I havent been on a vacation in sooo long. This is a real mini vacation for me. Away from Fred, kids, animals, dishes, gardening, etc...

Lol, oh yes May has arrived and now trip planning begins in ernest. So far we have a room, and a class. Heidi, I am working that Friday so we will travel in the late afternoon up to Sturbridge.....maybe you can scout out a dinner site along the way..........................

Yes, I will. There might not be much along I-395 but maybe something once we get into MASS.

This is going to be soooo much fun.