Sturbridge Mass. Miniature Show

I am on the hunt for bookcases for the library in the MHM. I saw them at the Danbury show but they didnt sing to me. I also want to shop for the Nanny`s room and the children`s room.

Plus any lil knic knacs to add here and there. I think I want to buy my first core piece for the Pomeroy house. I havent started decorating it but I want to pick up something..I do not know. Maybe a piano!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Nathaniel
I am on the hunt for bookcases for the library in the MHM. I saw them at the Danbury show but they didnt sing to me. I also want to shop for the Nanny`s room and the children`s room.

Plus any lil knic knacs to add here and there. I think I want to buy my first core piece for the Pomeroy house. I havent started decorating it but I want to pick up something..I do not know. Maybe a piano!

Hi Heidi!

It looks like we are both looking for book cases for our houses then. i am looking for some for my library in my Piercefield Mansion. I also need more children's room furniture and it would be neat to have a maid's quarters in my mansion. And yes, knic knacs and treasures galore I am sure!!! I have two pianos so far, they are pretty neat, but Id like some more musical instruments to go with them in the music rooms that they will sit in probably.

-Nathaniel :)

Heidi -- My sister, husband, and I (making it a family affair!) will be there on Sunday. I had wanted to come up on Saturday and stay for Sunday, but my sister has been ill, so we can only do Sunday. With a couple of family problems this year, we are really looking forward to this time together-- and to meet up with you all again! :p

What I want tp buy:

I am always on the lookout for wonderful little people. There is always a party going on in each of my houses, so "the more little people the merrier"! :giggle:

I need a nice buffet for the dining room at MacPerson Farm, and some furniture for the attic den and collections room.

Other than that, about 1000 knic knacs and anything else that strikes my fancy -- until my money runs out :huh:

B)

Guest Nathaniel
3 days!!!!

I can hardly contain myself... :welcome:

5 days for me, since I am going to be there for 10am on Sunday, and its after 10am right now on Tuesday, heheheh. I CANT WAIT!!!! Between the upcoming Sturbridge show and my Spring Fling Project I cant even SLEEP lately I am so excited! Did everyone check out the pics of my Spring Fling "Ranch House" in my gallery????

Please do and leave comments!

Thanks,

-Nathaniel

:cloud9:

It is going to be in the lower to mid 70s for the coming weekend. There may be some thunderstorms on Saturday but other then that..a great weekend.

Jeepers Heidi, will I have to use the extra restraining seat belt on you? We will be leaving here after I am out of work on Friday. I should be picking you up around 4:30ish maybe sooner. It takes us about 1 1/2 hrs to get there. We can check in and find a place to eat. Rest up for all the eye strain in our painting class Saturday morning. Hehehe And then look forward to meeting everyone on either Saturday after classes or Sunday for the show. I am looking forward to time away from home, and to see some mini friends

Dawn

Restrain myself?

Hmmm. A weekend away from teenagers, housework, animal duties, etc...Yeah i am ready! (I didnt mention Fred cause I do not need a break from him.. ;) )

Ohhhh Dawnnnnnn...

The hotel has a indoor heated pool and a jacuzzi.. Just a thought. Might need to dip in the jacuzzi after a long day of class..LOL

They also have miniature golf! WooHoo! Want to play?

Also:

A horseshoe pit

Lake with beach

paddle boats

game room

saunas

and four different restaurants on site.

Wow. They are also a pet friendly hotel. You do not see that alot. Going to remember that one.

I was thinking what are we going to do on our down time besides shopping. Looks like there will be plenty for us to do.

We have the class on Saturday morning and then on Saturday evening between 7p-10p there will be the Preview. Early sales, refreshments, cash bar, early sunday sales room admission.

Then on Sunday we get to go into the show at 9:30 (show starts at 10am) with our pre-reg name tags.

Yes, I am excited. I missed it last year and was so bummed out about it. I am making up for it now..LOL

Ohhhh Dawnnnnnn...

The hotel has a indoor heated pool and a jacuzzi.. Just a thought. Might need to dip in the jacuzzi after a long day of class..LOL

and four different restaurants on site.

Wait until you see the pool Heidi, it is the neatest pool I've ever seen, and there are little gazebos and gardens things in the room.

The Oxhead Tavern is right next to the public beach, and it is a real old time tavern, and nice to eat at. If the day is nice, you can eat out on their patio and feed the ducks.

Ooooh, how I envy you. I keep pleading with my husband about going!

I always find wonderful things at this show. I don't 'need' anything, so I guess that frees me up to buy stuff I don't need. (There's logic in there somewhere - I think. :groucho: )

I usually go later in the day, after the crowd has thinned out a bit. Will you guys still be there at 1? I'm guessing 'yes', since it can take several hours to see everything. I go around the room and check everything, making notes of the sellers I want to return to, and why.

I will attempt to wear the Green Leaf. I don't have a laminator so I might just tape it to my shirt! (or maybe my forehead :D ). I've been trying to find a picture of myself to use for my avi but haven't had any luck yet. At least you'd have a rough idea of what I look like. In any case, I'll be on the lookout for other Greenleafers!

Ok, unless something horrible happens between now and then, I am going! It was almost a close call....Eric had two guys (both of his weekend shift dudes) quit on him, and he almost couldn't find someone to cover.....but luckily he got one guy so I didn't have to work. He still probably has to work, but if he doesn't come with me, I'm trying to convince my BFF to tag along. I told her I'd pay her dad to babysit her kids for the day LOL.

As for what I'm looking for? Greenleaf people, YAY! Other than that, whatever jumps in my face and says BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME! At least until the fundage runs out.....

Am planning to get there probably sometime between 10-12 on Sunday, depending on Jenn (yes, my BFF is named Jenn too!) and her kid situation. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am hoping to wear the pretty green leaf, but my printer is being a BLEEP so we'll see

Gail,

You do not need a laminator...Do you have packing tape? Does the trick. Then tape a safety pin to the back and you are all set.

Dawn,

I do not know about the suit NOW. Let`s just say that this morning tells me I will not be up to swimming or jacuzzi-ing.

I'm off to Catherines to get some things that have been long on the necessary clothing list (unmentionables), so we shall see. We can stay on Sunday as long as Green leafers want, we are only 1 1/2 hrs away, and I have already told the guys I wont be home till dinner, maybe.........

My shopping list is for garden things for Lady Vyne and things for the HoM Contest due later this year, and of course whatever strikes my fancy!

Guest Nathaniel
I always find wonderful things at this show. I don't 'need' anything, so I guess that frees me up to buy stuff I don't need. (There's logic in there somewhere - I think. :groucho: )

I usually go later in the day, after the crowd has thinned out a bit. Will you guys still be there at 1? I'm guessing 'yes', since it can take several hours to see everything. I go around the room and check everything, making notes of the sellers I want to return to, and why.

I will attempt to wear the Green Leaf. I don't have a laminator so I might just tape it to my shirt! (or maybe my forehead :banana: ). I've been trying to find a picture of myself to use for my avi but haven't had any luck yet. At least you'd have a rough idea of what I look like. In any case, I'll be on the lookout for other Greenleafers!

I agree, I mean, there are a few things I need that I want to pick up, but mostly, I am just going to be searching for anything that is just beautiful and I HAVE to have. Anything that I fall in love with, if it doesnt break the bank, will have to be mine. lol

Ok, unless something horrible happens between now and then, I am going! It was almost a close call....Eric had two guys (both of his weekend shift dudes) quit on him, and he almost couldn't find someone to cover.....but luckily he got one guy so I didn't have to work. He still probably has to work, but if he doesn't come with me, I'm trying to convince my BFF to tag along. I told her I'd pay her dad to babysit her kids for the day LOL.

As for what I'm looking for? Greenleaf people, YAY! Other than that, whatever jumps in my face and says BUY ME BUY ME BUY ME! At least until the fundage runs out.....

Am planning to get there probably sometime between 10-12 on Sunday, depending on Jenn (yes, my BFF is named Jenn too!) and her kid situation. Can't wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am hoping to wear the pretty green leaf, but my printer is being a BLEEP so we'll see

Well I hope to meet you there Jenn. You are coming all the way from Bangor? How long of a drive will that be. 4-5 hours?

Gail,

You do not need a laminator...Do you have packing tape? Does the trick. Then tape a safety pin to the back and you are all set.

Dawn,

I do not know about the suit NOW. Let`s just say that this morning tells me I will not be up to swimming or jacuzzi-ing.

I just used like a plastic sheet holder for my Greenleaf, it worked well, then I will clip it to the top of my tshirt...

I'm off to Catherines to get some things that have been long on the necessary clothing list (unmentionables), so we shall see. We can stay on Sunday as long as Green leafers want, we are only 1 1/2 hrs away, and I have already told the guys I wont be home till dinner, maybe.........

My shopping list is for garden things for Lady Vyne and things for the HoM Contest due later this year, and of course whatever strikes my fancy!

What is this HoM contest due later this year? Through which site or company is this? What does HoM stand for-- House of Miniatures. I have TONS of House of Miniatures kits that I still need to work on and finish. I only ask cus i LOVE contests!!! I had SOOOO much fun with the Spring Fling...

Ok, I think I replied to enough posts for now.... lol

-Nathaniel :D

Cant wait to meet everyone at the show!!!

Ack! I am not even packed. I have to do some running around tomorrow morning to pick up some odds and ends. Pharmacy, Burlington Coat Factory, pick up some food for the girls, and then pack my bag..(i have a list) and relax in the afternoon for the wait for my chariot!

Two people I really wonder about who always attended the show are a lady named Sammy Smith who came from S. Dartmouth, Mass. She made porcelain dishes, which I would love to have more of. She had chamber pots, tankards, ginger jars, and other things you can't find anywhere else. It's been about 5 years since I've been able to get to the show, and the last time I saw her, she had just found out she had cancer. She was also quite elderly, so I always wonder if she pulled though it. If anyone sees her, could you let me know that she is still hanging in there? She would know me as Charlie, the electrician who passed away's daughter.

Also, if anyone sees a guy with a ton of pewter miniatures in wooden bins, could you find out if he has a website?

Another elderly person I always wonder about is a man who makes beautiful furniture, and kind of specializes in Wooten desks. I hope he is still okay and going to the shows. He would probably remember my parents, and maybe me too.

There were so many people we used to see there every year. I really miss going.

I am not doing the pool or jacuzzi...I am having a bad month. I will dip my toes in though.

I am all done. All packed and ready to go.

Now it is time to relax a bit before Dawn comes to get me.

I cant wait to meet everybody!!!

Well Heidi and I managed to not paint blobs during our class. We used oil paint so it will take a long time to dry. But we managed to not pull our hair out and be creative. Our instructor was nice she spent time helping all of us. We saw Carrie and Kate before classes started. The were still working hard when we had finished at noon so we left them electricfying to go have lunch. We shopped at the Wrights Store which is closing so we got 40% off everthing then went to the scrapbook store and yarn shop. We also went to Yankee Peddler but were not impressed with that shop. Currently we sit with our feet up resting before dinner so we are ready for the preshow/sale at 7pm. I will try and post later tonight about the preshow and any pictures if we can take them. Dawn

Ok, car is gassed up, directions plugged in to GPS, backup directions printed from Mapquest, just in case, hit the ATM and have cash and checkbook at the ready, phone is on the charger, clothes are laid out, pretty green leafy taggy thing printed out and in the purse, MP3 player charged and ready, donuts and dew are in the car. Besides any forum member that can fit in my purse, what am I forgetting? I'll be leaving at 0-dark-30, and I'm notoriously braindead in the AM so I'm trying to make sure everything is good to go before I crash (in about 20 minutes!) Oh yeah, camera is packed and ready, all the extra memory cards and three extra sets of batteries. Knock on wood, I think I'm good to go. Night everyone!