I know most of you are sick of the sight of snow

Muriel

Snow in April? it must mean spring is coming!! It always snows in april (and not during winter), so once the april snow has come, it will start getting warmer.

I love snow!! We get it so rarely, maybe once a year if we're lucky for an hour or two. (Live on the south coast of England, in Portsmouth which is more or less an island, so the city basically doesn't get snow, even if the hills around do occasionally.)

But this morning, it was snowing!!! actual lie-on-the-ground-a-little-bit snow! It has stayed a bit more on the roofs, but most of the ground stuff has melted. As soon as I found out it was snowing though, it was jump out of bed and get dressed to build a snowman. This is our result!

Muriel (and Chris) :lol:

We had great fun. Had just enough snow for a little snow ball fight at the end too. There's a bus stop just outside our house and there was a poor lady waiting there the whole time for a bus to come - she kindly took the picture of us both.

Anyway, all thats left is a big puddle, with a tincy bit of melting snow. The pennies have disappeared too. But we had fun and got a picture, thats what counts! :D

Our yard is still full of snow......here is a picture of Doug's family and the driveway.....sad...... The snow by our front door will be here until June or July as it's deep in shade and it's about 7 to 8 feet tall in huge piles shaped like ice cream cones from where it falls off the roof!

Yes, I'm tired of it....we've had it on the ground since October of 2007! Enough already! I'm ready for bare ground (even muddy ground) and some fresh breezes!