computer is dying

heidiiiii

Computer is dying.. It was acting really weird this afternoon. If you do not see me you know why. I wont be able to replace it until we get the rebate check.

Pray it lasts!

We did and it made it worse but I guess Chelsea left it alone for awhile and it is fine...for now. Just giving a heads up if I POOF disappear.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo.....................you can't be offline!! We can't survive missing you for that long!!!!

<closing eyes and sending good computer mojo your way>

Deb

The computer is 4 years old. It probably has a virus. It is fine now. Pray Pray Pray Pray!

I am not saying I will die w/o a computer but life in the mornings will be difficult.

Run your antivirus and see if it finds anything. It probably wouldn't hurt to defrag your harddrive while you're at it. And if you have spyware remover like Adaware, run it too. It can catch things that virus removers miss. If you find a virus that the antivirus or Adaware says they can't remove, boot it into safe mode and then run the programs. (hold down the F8 key when you restart to boot to safe mode)

What exactly is it doing? Crashing? Random restarts? Not booting up? If it's not booting, where in the boot process does it stop? What error messages are you getting, if any? Any noises coming from the box like loud humming or any excessive grinding of the hard drive? Rattling noises like the fan might be off balance? Does the box feel warmer than usual?

Deb

I defragged last night and now it is fine but i am going to start shopping around. It was something Chelsea downloaded.

It was flipping out. Error messages and it turning itself off and on. I had to leave to get the dog and it seems Chelsea deleted and ran the antivirus to get rid of whatever she did.

It is slow on the Mo anyway.

Thanks for the info Deb.

Should we be holding a requim mass?! I hate computer problems! My Outlook is down and out and I'm doing my mail from the server at this time. I must have gotten soemthing in there that my antivirus program didn't find. Dang! I hate when things don't work!

It was something Chelsea downloaded.

This is why the kids have their own computer and don't even think about asking to use ours. We got tired of having to address the stupid stuff they were downloading. They know that if they use their computer unwisely ... ie, downloading crap ... they're going to have to live with the consequences. They have several computer-savvy friends to call on to get them up and running again. We don't deal with it at all.

This is why the kids have their own computer and don't even think about asking to use ours. We got tired of having to address the stupid stuff they were downloading. They know that if they use their computer unwisely ... ie, downloading crap ... they're going to have to live with the consequences. They have several computer-savvy friends to call on to get them up and running again. We don't deal with it at all.

US TOOOOOO!

kids think that bad stuff only happens on other peoples computers! :birthday:

Im glad you are still with us my dear!!!

nutti ;)

Puter is still acting up. I refuse to put any money into it. So I will be praying that it lasts past May 9th! That is when we get our rebate check in the bank.

I am still here and if it goes south completely, I will go to the library and let you all know.

I have to check the deadline for the Spring Flng..it is in June right? I do not want to do all this work and then not be able to enter. That would be really depressing.

Heidi, hope your computer hangs on so you can get your rebate check...computers :) ..can't live with 'em, can't live without 'em.

The Spring Fling ends May 26th I believe. Good luck with your entry, and your computer!

Chris

My computer had problems, it wouldn't access the internet, was running funny and kept showing me a blue error screen and shutting off on me. I did a system recovery which restarted and reset my computer to a previous checkpoint and now it runs fine (whatever happened between the time I had the problem and the check point was deleted out of the system and I got my files and programing back to where it was). I have not had any problems since and it's been 2 months.