1/20/06 What Are You Working On?

Minis On The Edge

It has been a little quiet for the past couple of days so it got me wondering what are you all up too?

I have been cleaning out closets and throwing away stuff I am not gonna use and I also have been packing things away that I will donate to "Goodwill". I am also working on my Mckinley.

We also had a little disaster. The people below us started complaining that water is dripping into there unit. The managment company came and looked in our bathroom (Which is in the back of our condo). Well, I heard them cutting the ceiling out downstairs and that was in the front of our condo (Which means the Kitchen for us but there bathroom).

Last night Chis and I found the leak. Our refridgerator has a water line which came loose behind the wall (which is why we did not see any water on the floor :D ) our wall is messed up and it has seeped down into our floor too (We have hardwood floors in the dining room) Looks like at least 5 boards are messed up. The problem is, we don't know what caused the pipe line to pop out since we have not moved the refridgerator (Hubby only did it cause I kept fussing about it :D ).

Anyway, this is what has been going on in my neck of the woods. What about you?

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've been trying to catch up at work from being sick.

Been working on Anna's Emerson Row, which is almost completed. I have 4 windows and the stairs to install, and then I am done. Yippee!

Did a little priming on the McKinley last night so I can wallpaper the top floor.

An elderly friend of ours passed away on January 13, and we've been busy helping his daughter get the condo finished so that it can be placed on the market. I need to wallpaper both bathrooms in their condo, and Jimmy has other work to do in there. Plus we've been helping with the elderly friend's wife, and visiting with her, etc.

I have been busy working on the items Iam makeing for the Febuary Swap. That and getting my son's eyes strighend out he might need glasses. I also have been cleaning my real house.We also have been fighting a bit of a stomach bug too :D

Lyn

Wow Tracy and Linda, sounds like you guys have your hands full. Lynn hope all goes well with your sons eyesight.

I've been working on .... the "O" word.. yep Organization ugh :D But I guess it's time to get all my stuff orgainized. I'm tired of finding doll hair in the drawer with the polymer clay :D and who put it there? me. blah. So time to start getting all my mini stuff catagorized and put in their own kits. And that's just the mini part of organizing - got to do the same thing with my office and closets.

Other than that I'm still working on my Lafeyette, getting ready to try wiring it. I was going to do that to the sweetheart but for a first try the Lafeyette would need only 2 lights so I think that will be my first try. Working on Gull Cottage - mostly getting parts together, I want to replace All the windows and doors and yesterday I got an anchor for the front yard and a nice floor lamp (thrift shops)

I'm also still working on getting that excersize the doc has been bugging me about - And getting geared up for the Miniature show in Febrary - hoping everyone will be well so we can go! :o - and of course still looking for 2 more parts for the Feb swap :D you know I've seen these things dozens of times.. but when I'm looking for them no one carries them hmmmmm. :lol: just my luck :D

-David

first we moved the big Piano out of the work area leaving room for my big table and than I decided a new paint job would look so nice so we painted in here and than I got out the Marquam Hill Mansion and have been working on that...felt guilty because my Mckinley is so close to being done so I been piddling with it also

we've had 3 birthdays and out of town visitors. at this moment I have the MHM on my rolling cart the tower on my small worktable and the mckinley on the big table and a micro mini kit on my desk. I have all this nice work space but it seems to have filled up real quick!

nutti :D

I've been working on plate racks and potting benches that I'm taking to the Orlando Show in February. This will be my first time at putting anything out for sale.

Last night there were 6 of us that got together at my house for a mini-meeting. We'd started this a year ago, but only had 3 meetings before I had to leave for Indiana. Anyway, we made tiny Victorian purses out of ribbon and gold chain. They're precious!

Marcia in Fremont, OH

http://www.picturetrail.com/miniatureoma

Marcia, everytime I go to your website I am amazed. You know, I could not remember where I saw a raggedy Ann roombox and clicking you link today, I found it again!! I LOVE that roombox!!!

I bookmarked it so I won't lose it again till I get another computer (hopefully, not for another 5 years).

I am so happy to find that again!! Do you have pictures of what you are making for the shows?? Why don't you post things in our trade section. You kow, we would feel more comfortable buying from peopple we know......(hint...hint)

I have been working on orders for the website, and my auctions, and stock to take to Orlando. Marcia, will be glad to drop by and say hi to you! It's nice to meet other dealers at shows, alot of fun.

You will love Molly's shows--she is great. :D

Oh, I'd love for ANYONE attending the Orlando Show to stop by and say hello! I'm just a volunteer ..... have been helping Eileen Vernon (Vernon Pottery) for several years now, although this will be my first Orlando Show. Eileen knows I make my own furniture, so ask if I'd make a few plate shelves for her to display her hand-thrown dishes/pottery. Not that they won't be for sale, but I'm not holding my breath! She also saw one of the potting benches I'd made as a swap at Ohio State Day and told me I was welcome to make a few of those and put them out too. I think she's making a new hanging basket pot that could be used with my benches. It's all so exciting .... I love minis!!

Marcia in Fremont, OH

http://www.picturetrail.com/miniatureoma

While still babying my back, I've been working on my Feb. swap items and have started building a grand piano from a kit I got on ebay. Keep hoping the old back will be better so I can start either on the log cabin kit or the buttercup kit, but before that can happen got to get where I can at least straighten up my real house to make room to work. But being the end of a quarter and the year, been real busy at work getting reports out to keep IRS happy. Cause if IRS ain't happy nobody is happy LOL

Peggi

O MAN I've been working on way to many things! I move tomorrow!! So all i have been doing is packing packing packing! lol i cant wait to just be done with all the boxes, and whats even worse is i havent had any time to work on my Garfiedl :D but thats ok almost done!

hope your all having a good week :D

Well, am currently working on getting over strep (again!), getting my fabrics and trims together for my crazy quilt pillows, shingling the Lady Ashley house and just generally trying to get the real house redecorated a little at a time! I'm going to try and find time to get some pics of both projects within the next few days as well.

Debbie

Why don't you post things in our trade section. You kow, we would feel more comfortable buying from peopple we know......(hint...hint)

I'll second that emotion! I'd love to see what you've been making.

Deb

I've been working on the Lily and pretty much falling in love with it. This is a house that doesn't just tell me what it wants, its having complete conversations with me! It's such a sweet house that every time I walk into the studio, it greets me happily with, "Here's what I've been thinking about......." and off we go. I should be ready to start putting the walls up next week after the wallpapering is done. The part that I can't wait to get to is bashing the porch into a balcony.

Peggi, I have to tell you thanks for taking such great pictures of your Lily in progress. I've got your webshots bookmarked. :D I haven't even opened the kit instructions because your pictures are so clear about the construction.

Deb

For the past half year, I'd been helping my daughter plan a surprise 40th birthday party for her DH. We rented a hall with all the trimmings for 80 people with a buffet dinner and I helped her create a montage of her hubby growing up. It turned out fabulous. The event was last night, and everyone had a terrific time dancing the night away. He was totally surprised which was the best part.

Also working very slowly on the Orchid.

Wendy

I've been working on the Lily and pretty much falling in love with it.  This is a house that doesn't just tell me what it wants, its having complete conversations with me!  It's such a sweet house that every time I walk into the studio, it greets me happily with, "Here's what I've been thinking about......." and off we go.  I should be ready to start putting the walls up next week after the wallpapering is done.  The part that I can't wait to get to is bashing the porch into a balcony.

Peggi, I have to tell you thanks for taking such great pictures of your Lily in progress.  I've got your webshots bookmarked.  :D  I haven't even opened the kit instructions because your pictures are so clear about the construction. 

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Deb, It must be something about the Lily and speaking to you my Lily is also a chatter box :D I agree with you on Peggi's pictures she did take wonderful pictures of it BUT I still read the instructions :D I havent had alot of time lately to work on my Lily but hopefully soon. Deb did you take any pictures of your progress of your Lily I would love to see them??

Lyn

Peggi, I have to tell you thanks for taking such great pictures of your Lily in progress.
I agree with you on Peggi's pictures she did take wonderful pictures of it

(With head swelling) You both are quite welcome--I just didn't keep posted some of the oops LOL There are a couple of more webshots of the Lily that helped me while I was constructing that may help you to. I'll try to post them here for you.

Another Lily]

Lily

If I can be of help to either of you just let me know. It's nice to be able to pay back for all the help I received and makes me feel like I can finally contribute.

Peggi

After getting some unsettling news regarding my sister's health, I decided I needed to take some time away from the computer and the internet for a few days. Other than the everyday stuff, I've been working on my swap, finishing my Primrose bash, and playing a video game. I finished an oil painting and I'm set up to start another, but I can't seem to get focused. Just too worried I guess.

After getting some unsettling news regarding my sister's health, .

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Cat - sorry to hear that your sister's health isn't good. I hope that everything will be okay. She's fortunate to have you for support.

Susanne

After getting some unsettling news regarding my sister's health, I decided I needed to take some time away from the computer and the internet for a few days.  Other than the everyday stuff, I've been working on my swap, finishing my Primrose bash, and playing a video game.  I finished an oil painting and I'm set up to start another, but I can't seem to get focused.  Just too worried I guess.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Hey Cat,

Wishing all the best for your sister's health. Just take your time and don't worry about being away from the comp or minis - I'm sure everyone will understand. Sometimes I find playing a video game to be a nice safe way to vent frustrations. Hope you get some better news soon!

<hugs>

-David