1/20/06 What Are You Working On?

Minis On The Edge

I don't know if I have any siding strips left, but I'll check

I found hardwood flooring strips left over from the Cambridge! Moral: Never throw away ANYTHING!

I'll have to get a new bottle of rubber cement because I apparently killed off the old one flooring the Cambridge. I still have to mark the back of the center wall where I want to notch it for the wiring. Hopefully I'll be ready to stain and shop for wallpaper next week.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Deb, Holy and Wendy, Thank you for viewing my cottages and for your words of encouragement. I sent a picture of the cottage to one of my customers last night and she bought it tonight. I was gonna list it on ebay Friday so I was flattered that she wanted another house of mine. I am building her another house soon so I was really surprised that she wanted this one too. It feels good when others like what I do (Then I can move on to the next project without hubby fussing about there being too many houses around the house :) )

Melanie, I really love you colors that you used for the primrose & laurel. The flower in the flowers boxes are GREAT. Isn't it cool that they come with the kit! I used to buy those things (when I first started doing minis) for $5 each :D so as you can imagine, I had only a few of those and had to teach myself how to make them on my own LOL.

Holy, I LOVE the dura Craft floor strips! I loved the floors in my heritage kits I put together. I even put some of those floors upstairs in one of them because I loved the effect so much.

I love the garden around your house. Very nice.

Right now I am working on my Beacon Hill, an Irish cottage and kit furnishings to go inside it, a 1/12 great dane to go in my Beacon hill, and plenty of other animals :) . I am sort of juggling all of the projects inbetween looking after my daughter and doing the housework. So far it's being fun :D

Melanie, I love your flowers & landscaping. The Laurel & Primrose turned out so sweet, and your daughter's doll family looks so at home.

Tracy, at first I hated the flowerboxes! I nearly left them off the first Buttercup I built, then added them on & "planted" them with flowers (I made it for a "silent auction" at work, the school health staff were raising money for the March of Dimes) and we made more than the price of the kit on it!

Andrew, I would think a craft knife with a new, very sharp blade through just the top layer would do the trick, instant grout color & then seal it. Tracy, what did Rik do?

Thanks guys. I was unsure about all that yellow at first but it looks good I think. I am going to get a set of wicker from Terri to go on the porch and I think it will be done. :D Well as done as these things get. I want to make a garden to go between it and the Country Victorian but I need to find room to get them together and a long enough table. :)

I ment to say before that I liked the way the primrose is comming out. Did the foamcore work well? I have not been brave enough to try it for a house yet.

Did the foamcore work well? I have not been brave enough to try it for a house yet.

I've succesfully used foamcore for nonbearing walls & other bashes, if I can get my hands on some gatorboard I'd like to try making a house from it.

I am still working on the Mc Kinnely. I am almost finished stitching a large rug to go in the living room, have another rug in progress as well( this one will take a lot longer to stitch) Just finished the "welcome spring" swap items.. Plan to start working on the church again, and am considering working on the lighthouse as well. I really want to finish up unfinished projects.

Melissa

lets see...been working on the wavy roof on my glencroft...that will take a while...Just started playing with fimo and last night make 4 little plates with scalloped edge detail and two bowls...I'll put pictures up tonight....thought i'd give some veggies a try tonight...that or a lemon cane....we will see...

Later everyone..

Might I ask what you used to scribe the tile for the pattern?

Doogster, I used a hobby knief. The kind that does not retract with pressure. Rik did an article for dollhouse miniatures magazine last month on how he does this too. I do like the effect but after I finish one floor my shoulder hurts :) .

I have been working on a Primrose with the idea of a beach cottage. I am going to put it in a tray like platform with sand. And also working on a rugged cabin. But not much time lately, as I have been in Dallas visiting my brother the last week, and now we are leaving tomorrow for Arizona for a week. Not that I am complaining...not at all.

I love the sky blue color you picked for the interior and the seashell you used for a planter on the outside. And I really like the bottom floor stain, the varied colors. I stained mine after scoring it. Not bad but not nearly as nice as yours. I have a millions ideas and can't wait to get back to it.