1/20/06 What Are You Working On?

Minis On The Edge

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you all for your well wishes. My sister has been fighting breast cancer for the past 5 years. It's already come back once, more aggressively than before. Now it looks like it may have spread to another part of her body, we won't know for sure for another week or so. She lives on the East Coast, so that makes it more stressful to be so far away. I get very upset whenever I think about everything she is going through. It's hard to talk about. :lol:

Ruby, sorry to hear about your sister! I'll put you both in my prayers!

I've been working on hubby's bathroom for the last week and finally got it done on Thursday. Just have the floor left to do.

I'm also working on my Canterbury/Buttercup bashed house. The paperclay is almost done and I'll be ready for painting. Still haven't found a "Hyacinth" doll yet! :D I'm also working on my February swap items!! :lol:

I've also been exercising and practicing piano! My teacher was impressed with me last week, so now the pressure's on to impress her this week! :lol:

I am so sorry to hear about your Sister! My prayers and positive thoughts will be floating your way. Please keep us posted and take care of yourself too so that you will be able to give her the support needed.

:lol:

Cat, you & your sister are in my prayers.

We just got home from two weeks on the road, picked up my Chrissy pressie (bran-new shiny red tricycle, check out www.catrike.com ), a 27-speed road trike. In Sebring, FL, for a Tandem Rally 1/14 we went to Avon Park before leaving & in an ARC thrift shop I finally found one of "those deals", a 20 year old French version of the Storybook Cottage partly built that announced as soon as I walked in it wants to be a Christmas house (!).

Between Sebring & the Ididaride this past weekend we went to Homosassa Springs and spent last Weds at the big RV show in Tampa. Have I got ideas for the Corona Travel Trailer! I also got terribly ill, probably allergic reaction to all the formalin in the new trailer carpeting (blech, yagh! :lol: :lol: )

We spent this weekend hosting the next-to-last SAG stop for the Ididaride, a 50 mile off-road bike ride through wonderful woods & swamps on Saturday; Sunday I put the trike through its paces for a short sprint from the campground out to the Woodpecker Trail from Little Shoals to Big Shoals & back, along the Suwanee River. I'm not up to 20 miles on it yet, but hope to be by next month.

I want to start the McKinley this week & learn to wire on it (or not, I'm not too ept with things electrical).

We just got home from two weeks on the road, picked up my Chrissy pressie (bran-new shiny red tricycle, check out www.catrike.com ), a 27-speed road trike.  In Sebring, FL, for a Tandem Rally 1/14 we went to Avon Park before leaving & in an ARC thrift shop I finally found one of "those deals", a 20 year old French version of the Storybook Cottage partly built that announced as soon as I walked in it wants to be a Christmas house (!).

Welcome back Holly! Sounds like you've had a very, very busy two weeks. I'm fascinated with the version of the Storybook Cottage you found. It sounds like it's very unique and has a lot of character. (I love it when houses know what they want to be right away)

It's good to have you back. You were missed.

Deb

After highjacking this topic (inadvertantly), I return with good news! She's okay! My sister is fine! The MRI didn't turn up anything unusual, it appears the gyn made a mistake.

I wonder if my sister's gyn will pay for my therapy, because I certainly need it after a scare like that!

I just checked out your links and was all set to ask if the Primrose bash floor was the floor tile I'd read about for Rik's class, and you answered my question. Both houses are SO cute.

I still can't get the rolls of film I took of all the Glencroft goodies to resize so I can post them (mumble). I have started the McKinley. When I glued the back pieces together I reinforced the "seam" in back with a strip of scrap plywood from one of the sheets the pieces came from. Now I'm scribing "floorboards", which is taking time because for some reason it bothers my back more lately. I'll likely go real slow because DH hasbeen making noises that he wants to help with this one, at first he mentioned he'd like to help electrify this one (Tracy, your Glencroft really inspired him! :) ), and now he's talking about our going back to the hobby shop to get mini stripwood so I can lay the upstairs hall floor at right angles to the bedroom floor so the grain will go the right way. I don't know if I have any siding strips left, but I'll check.

I wanted to let you know what I have been working on. I have some new pics of some flower boxes and hanging baskets in my webshots and I have some pics of my daughters Laurel and Primrose filled. I have been trying to finish all of the projects I have started before I start another, but I am getting the itch to build again. :) I am trying to fight it but it may get the best of me soon. :D At least the no ebay resolution is going well. :(