Lawbre e-bay kit coming

bookmarm

I've won a greenhouse/potting shed kit on e-bay. I have no idea what condition this will be in, but I didn't pay very much and have crossed fingers till it arrives. Has anyone built this kit? I don't even know if both potting shed AND greenhouse are in the box. I always have an eye on greenhouses, so my finger hit 'bid' before my brain did research.

Oh- You got that! I'm so glad it was someone on this forum. I wanted it so badly, but I didn't want to pay a whole lot for it. Please let us know what it looks like when you get it. I'll bet it's wonderful. Lawbre makes such wonderful things. I'm keeping an eye out for another greenhouse on ebay. I didn't even want the potting shed- just the conservatory. Congratulations! :o

They did a beautiful Gazebo that looked like it came out of the 1001 Arabian Nights that I have lusted after ever since I saw it in one of their old catalogs. I tried to persuade the new owner to reissue it. Not any luck so far!

• Like 1

I'll try to post pics when it arrives. I worry that it's an older kit coming from FLA (land of humidity...like my SC). My Westville came from FLA and was in rough shape. I'll let you all know when it appears and the shape it's in.

I am always excited to fin Lawbre on EBay! A;ways great finds even if they need work.

Lawbre made several Greenhouses and gazebos and also some semi-custom pieces, so it's had to say what too expect, but I have a Lawbre conservatory, from 1991 and it was made of good solid wood and some cast pieces, no plywood at all, so it will probably not be effected by humidity. I don't know how much you paid but I paid ALOT for mine. No regrets, it is very beautiful and I still think it was a good buy.

I used my 50% off coupon at Ernie's for the Houseworks conservatory, I am planing to add it to my Willowcrest.

I paid $31 and then S/H was more. The box reportedly has been opened, but instructions are there. The seller simply said the box is 'full'...so who knows what will come. It may be both conservatory and/or potting shed, but I'll only know that when it arrives.

I made the HW conservatory and really love it! I'd like to pick up one more someday and bash them together. Building instructions for it were not always clear when I put it together, but it looks beautiful. I put an oak floor in it and made it into a garden/art/sewing retreat for the Victorian lady doll I made. Seems like there's something about the roof slats that threw me off when I was putting it together, but I guessed.

I have the greenhouse/potting shed kit. I haven't ever taken it out of the box because there are alot of parts so i don't know if mine is complete...i'm pretty sure it is if i remember the description correctly. I bought mine on ebay a couple of years ago. I keep forgetting i have one. so that will be fun to watch your progress!

It arrived yesterday and is the greenhouse w/o the potting shed, which is fine because I can recreate the potting shed...the greenhouse would be harder. The box and instructions seem pretty old, but the contents aren't brittle and dry. The floor piece is just a bit warped, but could be used that way w/o any trouble. I'm very happy with the outcome. The pieces look so delicate! I'm thinking of stencilled gray stone on the lower panels, and just a grayish white for the framing of the plexi panels.

It arrived yesterday and is the greenhouse w/o the potting shed, which is fine because I can recreate the potting shed...the greenhouse would be harder. The box and instructions seem pretty old, but the contents aren't brittle and dry. The floor piece is just a bit warped, but could be used that way w/o any trouble. I'm very happy with the outcome. The pieces look so delicate! I'm thinking of stencilled gray stone on the lower panels, and just a grayish white for the framing of the plexi panels.

I'm glad it's what you wanted, Gayle. How exciting!

• 6 years later...