Fairfield missing part

dbrazelt

I have the Fairfield kit which I bought before I went into the hospital. Now, I want to build it and, after opening the box and inventorying the contents, I am short sheet #1 which is the first floor and the basis of building the rest of the house. I have tried several ways to get Green leaf to send me the missing sheet, beginning with the instructions in the kit. (Letter returned by the PO because the company was no longer there.) Then I went to this site and tried a couple of times to attract their attention. I hope this will do it. If you know of any way to get Greenfield to send me Sheet #1 of the Fairfield kit, please let me know.

PLEASE HELP ME!

Dave

Hi Dave. :D

Greenleaf's contact info is here. You can call, send a letter, or send an email through their online form. I was missing a piece on my Fairfield and I contacted them through the email form. They responded promptly and I received the replacement sheet in no time.

If you have an older kit, it's possible that the address on the instructions is incorrect and that's why your letter was returned to sender.

Hope that helps! Enjoy building the Fairfield. It's a great little house.

Dave, I am sorry to hear about your troubles with locating the proper people to get what you need. Here is the link to contact Greenleaf about your missing sheet Greenleaf contact info.

I know they will help you regardless of which house you purchased because they are gems over there :D .

Hey, is this your first house?

This is just a FYI. If you buy the kit from a garage sale (second hand store, estate sell etc. ) or ebay from an unauthorized person, greenleaf will not replace parts for free. There are only a handful of authorized dealers on ebay (I am one of them) that greenleaf will replace parts for free. There are several people on there selling things and people are not receiving them. I know I personally get a lot of emails from people asking for help and all I can do is direct them to ebay to file a complaint because they did not purchase from me. If you buy from a store, you should be fine.

If the items are not purchased from authorized dealers, there is a charge for missing parts and instruction sheets and shipping (I think it's $6 - $9 per sheet depending on the house). If the contact info from your kit was incorrect, that means you bought an older kit. Be careful out there. I know I too buy vintage kits off of ebay because they may no longer make them (I even buy kits there even though I know the companies are no lomger around because I LOVE a particular house :D ).

Let us know when you get everything and we would LOVE to see pictures. We have several people who have built this house recently (Fov, Deb are two I can think of off the top).

Welcome to the forrm. :D

Hi Tracy! I saw you lurking down there and was hoping I could beat you to the punch. :D

Just kidding. That's some good info you provided, about the dealers.

My poor Fairfield is so neglected. It hasn't had any love in a long time. None of my houses have. :D Jeez... is it summer yet?! I only ever seem to work on minis in the summertime. :D

Maybe you get the winter Blahs (thats what I call it around here). Some months I can't seem to focus long enough during winter months either. Then, when spring comes I am like a speed demon :D . I love that house though. I can't wait to build one here.

:D

6 to 9 bucks a sheet, they don't exactly chisel you do they? I'd heard they had good customer support, this confirms it. Polar Lights used to provide free replacement parts for their kits too, but evidently since they were bought out by Racing Champions they don't provide replacement parts at all. Scale house dealers seem to be a pretty positive bunch, Dollhouse Emporium are very expensive, but the Grosvenor Hall, ordered on Monday, from England, arrived in Utah on Wednesday at 9:30 AM. All 7 cartons, from England.