Support: The Orchid Dollhouse Instructions

Jean, there are also two Orchid building blogs from when two teams built the Orchid kit; click on the "Blogs" button at the top of th page and find the two Team Orchid blogs.  We had a gas with that.

• Like 1

I found the Orchid instructions online, which is great, but after looking at the list of what should be included I found my kit is also missing the plastic window sheet. What type/thickness/size of plastic sheeting do I need? Would Greenleaf send me a sheet? Sorry for all the questions, this is my first dollhouse build. :)

I would contact the manufacturer first. Dig around on the web site and see if you can come up with a phone number.  If that doesn't work try putting what you are looking for in a search engine and see what kind of leads you come up with there.

I built 2 orchids, the wooden one and the white one.  When I built the wooden one I was fortunate enough to have an actual doll house store 5 miles from where we lived (since gone out of business) where I purchased "stained glass" inserts. There's always other options, if you can't get the original inserts.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Spirit said:

What type/thickness/size of plastic sheeting do I need?

Any thin, clear plastic can be cut to size. Think overhead projector sheets, clear plastic bakery boxes, any clear plastic packaging material with sufficiently large flat areas, report covers, etc. 

• Like 1

Pepper Skins long underwear used to come in wonderful clear plastic boxes that are perfect for replacement window & door inserts.  I like the transparency sheets for the printer for "stained glass".

Here is the contact information page:  http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/about-us/greenleaf_dollhouse.html

• Like 1

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

Any thin, clear plastic can be cut to size. Think overhead projector sheets, clear plastic bakery boxes, any clear plastic packaging material with sufficiently large flat areas, report covers, etc. 

Great, I do have some overhead sheets. Thanks for all the help and ideas, everyone! I'm very excited to start this build. :)

Welp, I have inadvertently made this dollhouse a puzzle project as well. Since I have never built one before, and didn't have the instructions to warn me against it, I just jumped right in and took ALL the pieces apart and bagged them up in no particular order...

LOL *facepalm*

I suspect this is going to add a bit to the timeline of my build, but most of the pieces seem pretty easy to identify so I'm sure I'll figure it out. Despite this realization I am undaunted in my quest to accomplish my lifelong goal to build and decorate my own dollhouse! xD  Let the game begin :)

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I just bought a kit from an estate sale that someone else had already started. I was looking through the box to see if it has everything, but there are no instructions to tell me what all the parts are. I'm having trouble finding where to download these instructions, as the only links will take me to adobe acrobat or the blog. I can seem to figure out where to download the instructions from.  Never mind, It took me to the end of the list and now I see the contact information, Thank you!

Edited by Rachel G
New information.