Support: The Orchid Dollhouse Instructions

The Orchid Dollhouse Instructions

Dollhouse instructions for the Orchid Dollhouse by Corona Concepts. This is a fully illustrated enhanced version which includes the schematic diagrams. This is an electronic version offered in Adobe Acrobat format and requires Adobe Reader (version 5 or better) which is available as a free download. This is offered for personal use and may not be redistributed without written authorization from Greenleaf Dollhouses.

A special thanks out to Ben Anderson for all his hard work on converting these instructions and adding all the wonderful diagrams. His technical drawing skills are nothing short of remarkable. His efforts will no doubt benefit miniaturist for decades to come. Greenleaf is forever grateful for his amazing contribution!

• Like 2

This section is ONLY open to discuss the building process & questions regarding the Orchid dollhouse kit. Please do not post other topics or unnecessary posts in this section! Let's discuss the Orchid only here :lol:

Thanks!! :juggle:

• 1 year later...

HI! New to Mini's and blogging!

I bought the Orchid house as a mind decompressor and possible genrational pass-on...well it's turning out to be more than I thought. I couldn't find the shellac 50/50 anywhere! So I used a spray sealant, sprayed most of the sheets and left them out to dry...of all days, it rained! What do I do? Can I order sheets or do I have to buy the whole kit again? Only two sheets got wet and one of them is warping a bit...totally heartbroken, not a good first build. What do you suggest? :unsure:

put a piece of waxed paper over the warping sheet, place it on an old towel flat on the floor, and weight it down all over evenly with books, textbooks, full paint cans, whatever you have that's flat & heavy, and leave it for a few days (in a DRY place). A slight warp will even out in the build. As for sealing, you can do a search to see what mini of us suggest. I would never use shellac, not only is it expensive & not keep well, but denatured alcohol is such a powerful dessicant that you can damage your skin if you're careless or sloppy; so when I seal I use clear sanding sealer, otherwise I use primer (or stain, remember you can paint over stain, but stain doesn't look the same over primer or paint). You find clear sanding sealer in the hardware store wlongside the paints, stains & varnishes.

• 2 months later...

I downloaded the Orchid instructions but when I try to open the file it keeps telling me that the file is damaged.

This is the second time I tried this in the past couple of weeks and I was wondering if I was doing something wrong or if other people had the same result?

Thanks

Hi Roxxie,

I was just now able to download the instructions just fine. I tried choosing both "Open" and "Save", and both worked. Of course, I do not use Acrobat Reader, I use a different program for reading PDF files. I'm not sure what could be the issue for you. Maybe you could try just doing an "Open" if you are saving, or the other way around. Good luck!

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Susan, if by gussets you're referring to the gingerbread trim pieces, each of them has a rounded end and an end that appears to be cut off at an angle. After the dormers are assembled and in place I laid the trims so that the abgled pieces came together like an inverted "V" and glued them to the underside of the dormer roof along the edge so that the point of the trim met under the peak of the dormer roof. Have you looked at the two Orchid blogs; the Community's? and the Building Team's??

• 7 months later...

I do not like that the stairs run right into the front wall. I would like to keep the stairs in the house- do you think I could cut them down a bit? It would make them steep... but it isn't like anyone is really going to be walking up them. I dont have to worry about "Aunt Susie" falling down them or anything, lol.

• Like 1

I think I put in the stairs to run towards the open back of the first Orchid house, because it was a storeroom in a general store; and because I liked the way that worked I did it again for the White Orchid. You can always fiddle with the stairway opening on the second floor.

• 1 month later...

A MILLION thanks for the deatiled instructions! :rolleyes:

I'm was getting "itchy fingers" and wanted to do a build again. Picked up the Orchid at Hobby Lobby about a week ago and almost went in to a panic when I looked over the instructions! :) No lie, I actually needed a magnifying glass to read the schematic diagram. :p

Digging around on the' inter-web' here I found your downloadable instructions. I've only printed the pages I need as Im going along but what great job you did on providing this! If I ever figure out how to resize the pictures I will attempt to post my finished Orchid here.

Again thanks

JoAnne

• Like 2

• 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm a little late posting on this but these instructions are great. I downloaded them without any problems too. The instructions that came with the house aren't too bad but I was getting confused on the windows and gussets. The drawings have really cleared things up. Thanks a million!

• 7 months later...

I am having trouble with the gussets, the instructions are not clear to me on how I am supposed to install them in the dormers, any advice?!

Are you referencing the little triangles that support the roof? I had trouble with those,too, but you just have to hold them in until the glue sets. They even out the roof peak. . .

• 6 months later...

I've had the Orchid kit for about a year and the only reason I had not started building it was the vagueness of the instruction sweet...once I found the instructions online with the illustrations, I immediately dug the kit out of storage in a spare room in my house and started work on it...Just sanding the sheets, popping parts out, organizing, bagging and labeling but it's a start right?

• Like 2

I've had the Orchid kit for about a year and the only reason I had not started building it was the vagueness of the instruction sweet...once I found the instructions online with the illustrations, I immediately dug the kit out of storage in a spare room in my house and started work on it...Just sanding the sheets, popping parts out, organizing, bagging and labeling but it's a start right?

As our chief administrator says: by the yard, it's hard, but it's a cinch by the inch.

Each little step moves the process along!

• Like 1

You're better than me,Shawn-I had a (different) unstarted house kit in my closet for at least 10 years until I stumbled across this great place that motivated me! Just stick with it and stick with this bunch and you'll have a blast!