Support: The Buttercup Dollhouse Instructions

index.php?autocom=downloads&req=display&code=sst&id=52

File Name: The Buttercup Dollhouse Instructions

File Submitter: Mini Man

File Submitted: 17 Apr 2008

File Updated: 18 Apr 2008

File Category: Corona Concepts Dollhouse Instructions

Dollhouse instructions for the Buttercup Dollhouse by Corona Concepts. This is a fully illustrated enhanced version which includes the schematic diagrams. This is an electronic version offered in Adobe Acrobat format and requires Adobe Reader (version 5 or better) which is available as a free download. This is offered for personal use and may not be redistributed without written authorization from Greenleaf Dollhouses.

A special thanks out to Ben Anderson for all his hard work on converting these instructions and adding all the wonderful diagrams. His technical drawing skills are nothing short of remarkable. His efforts will no doubt benefit miniaturist for decades to come. Greenleaf is forever grateful for his amazing contribution!

Click here to download this file

• Like 2

This section is ONLY open to discuss the building process & questions regarding the Buttercup dollhouse kit. Please do not post other topics or unnecessary posts in this section! Let's discuss the Buttercup only here :lol:

Thanks!! :juggle:

I have been very excitedly working on building my Buttercup kit for a couple of weeks now. I have wallpapered the interior walls & painted the exterior walls before construction, following the instructions (I think). We put it together and I continued onto windows. I have painted the exterior ones & stained the interior ones, doing the opposite on the backs of sashes so that when seen, they are the right color. Last night I glued the windows onto the sashes so that they would be ready to install today. When I went to put them together & place them in the house, I found that there is a gap the size of the sash around the empty part of the window casings. Now the wallpaper & paint show inside the casing. Looking at the pictures on the Buttercup kit page, I don't see this gap (my heart sank when I found this out!). What did I do wrong? How do I fix it?

Thank you,

Doreen

That gap is actually there to help emulate the look of a real window. You would paint that part the same colors as your windows are and then you will get the look in a realistic window. Look at the window to the left of this picture:

2339855540037881673S600x600Q85.jpg

I omitted some of the windows in my buttercup here but you can see how I did it all in green.

Okay, thank you. I can see what you mean in the picture. The problem I had is that I had stained the interior trim, and couldn't stain over the wallpaper. My husband & I just did some sawing on the one window & it worked (opening it up further), so I think this will work.

Thank you again.

Doreen

Doreen, I did the same thing when I built my first Buttercup, back before meeting Tracy or having this forum. I learned a lot about tracing around trim, bashing and making replacements in those days! Tracy, I LOVE how your little Buttercup turned out, you KNOW you're inspiring me again! I think I'll have to build mine, and the Sugarplum, not bashed together, and give them to Toys for Tots this year.

• 9 years later...
  • 1 year later...

I really am glad for this forum.  Reading about all the great trials and errors of others has taught me to do things differnt then my normal way of making mistakes first then doing it right.  

In the instructions it says to prepare paint and paper befor you put the house together.  I think I am also going to put the windows on before I glue the walls with windows in place.  Who else has done the interior windows before glueing in the walls

11 minutes ago, BStazz said:

I think I am also going to put the windows on before I glue the walls with windows in place.

I'd think this again. Most of us put windows in last in order to protect the acetate "glass". Unlike most dollhouse oopsies that can be fixed, If the acetate get scratched, there's no going back short of replacing it. Plus it is often handy to be able to reach into a room through a window opening while doing the interior work.

If you are papering the walls before assembly, think about leaving a tab of a quarter inch where the side wall meets the back wall. It makes for a smoother transition if the paper bends around the corner. And if you've matched the print carefully, an overlap on the back wall is virtually unnoticeable, whereas if the overlap is on the side wall, the white edge of the paper facing the viewer is annoyingly visible.  It's a small thing, maybe, but it's the little things that count in miniatures. :) 

19 minutes ago, BStazz said:

my normal way of making mistakes first then doing it right.  

Sometimes what we think is a mistake turns out to be a happy accident. I think that sometimes the house will cause us to stumble on purpose, as we are not doing what the house wants. They can be rather pushy. :D 

The moral of the story is: go with the flow. Do what comes naturally to your way of working. If stuff happens, it has probably already happened to somebody else here who will be glad to suggest ways to fix it. :) 

Hi KathieB,

I covered the acetate windows with low stick post its.  I dont like having to do the interior window sashes and trim inside.  more likely to be crocked.  I'm a perfectionist so crocked wont do.  Thank you for your sound advice.  Much apprecited.  

• 4 weeks later...

I bought a Buttercup kit new in the box...are everyone's window silkscreens black? I don't know why, but I was expecting them to be white. Kinda wish they were, I probably won't use these now. Just wondered since this kit has been around so long that there might be other versions of it with white windows?

I'm going to make my own with white silkscreen.instead. My house is going to be pale pink, mint green and white so I don't think the black will look good.

20191231_190125.jpg