1/27/06 Learning

Minis On The Edge

What One Miniature goal do you have this year? Is there one thing you plan to learn how to do (or learn to do better)? We discussed miniature fears a few months back so are there any fears you plan to over come this year?

Mine is wigging and dressing a doll. I have a beautiful doll kit that a sweet friend sent me. I think I can do it and want to try it soon.

;)

I'd really like to try landscaping. I've never done it and my houses are so boring. I look at all of you who have done beautiful jobs around the outside of your homes and I'm so envious of you all. I just feel so artistically challenged in this area.

Wendy

I've always been nervous about altering a dollhouse so, in that vein, I want to finish my Primrose bash and then complete my Fairfield extension. There are several other things I want to do, but the bashing is the big thing.

my new thing is paperclay and flooring.

this last yr I got past my fear of electrical and wiring.

I like to try something new with each house I build. so I am keeping that goal.

I would still like to see something like a useable doll made by me.

I have lots to learn. and I enjoy learning it here with friends!

nutti ;)

That is a pretty good question.... I think my most important goal is finishing the Lily. I also would like to try the paper clay floors and I would like to try useing that magic brik stuff ;) .

Lyn ;)

I've ordered the supplies we need to do our first electrical wiring of a dollhouse - we'll start on the Arrow that I bought on ebay. Then we'll do other finishing. I'd like to stucco the house ... haven't decided on how to finish the roof.

So I guess that I plan on learning wriing and stuccoing first off.

Susanne

Great question ;) This last Dec I finally got past my fear of finishing a house and actually got the Santa House done yay me :D - This year I'm getting past the fear of electrification. I've finally decided on a house, on how many lights it needs and where to place them - so now it's just a matter of running the tapewire and then getting the lights themselves. Keeping my fingers crossed that it turns out ;)

-David

One of my goals this year was to re-design my aged book techniques, and discover more realistic techniques of making an actual miniature book, even smaller. So I am still experimenting with that.

Another goal is to create miniature model horse tack for my Breyer horse models, from the Stablemates, to the classics and the traditionals. I have picked the Arabian Bedouin style ;) because I love the extravagance of it--the tassels, the tapestries, etc, and the beadwork, so I have set myself one heck of a goal. ;) Right now I have tackled tassels, which are FUN!

Another goal is to finish Olde Shelby Cottage. I have figured out the lights, and figured out where they will go, but need to now design the base, because I wish it to be landscaped, with a veggie garden, front path, and a little side with a chickens, birdhouse, brick walk. So moving onto the base is my biggest deal next.

I want to Learn to make

Fancy Chandeliers that have lights .

I think they really make a house very homey.

I need to finish up the houses that I have started.

Speeking of floors, Nutti did you get the plans for the floors I sent?

Donna

I like to try something new with each house I build

I have always tried to do at least one new thing on each build. I want to electrify the McKinley & DH has offered to help (I love that DHs are terrified of wifemates' handling electricity ;) ). I also have a beautiful flower kit so I'm going to try my (arthritic) hand at flower-making. I also plan to try 1:24 scale, although the January swap I dipped my toe in the water for that one. I also have a mostly built 20-year-old kit to try to refurbish/ bash/ whatever.

In a non-mini vein, I'm learning a whole new riding/ cycling style with the recumbent-seat road trike; it involves sitting in a constant semi-crunch position with your legs held out & slightly up in front of you. I'm up to 18 miles... (yes, it HURTS!)

Ruby, I am so happy your sister is okay!! Last spring we had a scare when the doctor found a lump in my one of my mothers breast. I was no good for 3 weeks till all tests were done. I am usually the strong one (between me & my 2 brothers I am the middle child) and that time my brothers were calling me to keep me up in good spirits because I was the "what if" person this time and crying.

It is so draining. I wonder why it takes so long for the doctors to run these test and finish them. To me "weeks" is too long to wonder if you are okay or not okay.

I am so happy your news was good news! I just had to relpy to your posts because I have been praying for you & your family.