Obsolete Skills

texasbuilder

My friends mother had a box next to her chair in the living room that she turned to turn the antenna on the roof. She also still had "bunny ears" antennae too. I remember rotary dial phones. I also knew how to dial the phone when the rotary was gone. I still have my fathers 8 track tape player and it still plays great. I also have my fathers old record player. It plays the old 45's and the 78's. I know how to change the needle it is just finding them to be able to change them. i also still have a beta VCR, that still works. I find the old saying is true. They don't make things like they used to.

Im with you Tako!

I can probably do waaaay more of these than the average 20 year old can. We were a really "low-tech" family until I was in high school.

I still use vinyl records... which may say more about my music taste than my skills.

I can do waaay to many of the things on this list for a 90's kid. I think it was DOS computers that made me want to learn to read, so i could play all the old list of instruction games!

I ahd my own typewriter as a kid and i thought i was cooool! :)

I just read all the comments on 8 track tapes. My daughter has collected old 8 tracks for years and here is a picture of the shelving she had modified to hold her collection. Note that they run all across the bottom and up the right side.

post-2480-1215783515_thumb.jpg