What is Greenleaf Select?

45 posts in this topic

Many of you may have noticed that on the last few dollhouse releases, we have been selling a premium version of the kits which we are calling “Select”. So what is the difference with the Greenleaf Select? It’s all about the wood. We have upgraded these kits to the finest Birch Plywood we can find. The Birch Plywood is much lighter in color and this color remains more consistent through out the kit, both on the front and back of the boards. The Birch Plywood also has a tighter grain so it feels smoother to the touch. And finally, the core of the plywood is a little harder, so the die-cut edges remain sharper than our traditional kits.  I’ve included some pictures for reference.  The Greenleaf Select version of our kits are run in limited quantities (usually only 20 houses) and they are available exclusively at the Greenleaf Dollhouse Company Store.

birchdollhouse_thumb.jpg

greenleafselect_thumb.jpg

ShareThis

View the full article at Dolllhouse-Kits.com

And working with the Birch seems MUCH easier -- less sanding, many fewer splinters, takes paint and stain really well.. I have the select Brookwood, in the process of being built. :)

I haven't purchased any of the select kits yet, but I have worked with birch plywood, and it is great! I would definitely spend the extra money for the select kits, because the wood is so much nicer.

I haven't opened any of mine yet, but all the new re-releases I have bought have been the select. I am hoping to rectify that soon and get to playing with them. I have used birch plywood to make some furniture and it is wonderful to work with.

Birch by nature is a hardwood and has a very tight closed grain almost like maple. it takes finishes of all kinds well. I prefer Baltic Birch because there are more plies aka layers and almost no internal voids. I am using this on my home built buildings

Ed

In the midst of building the LE Arthur, I can just say a WOW and that I love working with this kit as the wood is just so smoooooth :p not to mention it goes together like a breeeze as well LOL

Hugs

Birch is best! Thank you for choosing it for Greenleaf!

I noticed that the McKinley in the pictures above are in Birch...does that mean the McKinley is going to be released in Birch Plywood soon?

Christine

I noticed that the McKinley in the pictures above are in Birch...does that mean the McKinley is going to be released in Birch Plywood soon?

Christine

Those aren't McKinley's Christine... they are pictures of the McKinley's little half inch sister.

Oooo, so does that mean the Fairfield might be released in the birch? :flowers: I love that house, and have been wanting to try 1/2 scale, if I ever get through all the houses I already have :p

Hurrah! Rumor-time's over, the Victorianna is back!

1 person likes this

Not back just yet Holly, but it's in the works!

1 person likes this

And I can hardly wait! Mini, mini thanks, Dean; I have been kicking myself for YEARS for not getting one when they were still available originally! Now that I've dipped my toe in the waters of 1:24 scale I am SO wanting to build it!

Not back just yet Holly, but it's in the works!

But surely not just 20 of them? My mother used to mix it up at the stores for the cabbage patch kids when there were only limited numbers, but I am more faint of heart. :wave:

YYYYIIIIPPPPEEEE!!!!!!!

Gimmiegimmiegimmiegimmiegimmiegimmie....

The Victorianna has been on my wishlist for THE LONGEST! :(

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!

...er...ahem...not that I'm impatient or excited or anything. Actually I'm cooly waiting :hug: and couldn't care less really ( :wave: sarcasm!)

Yay! :(

I have the Brookwood Select and would love to start working on it, but have to figure out "space issues" first..it's pretty big for my dinky RL house. I really need my own studio - the dh's get bigger and my RL house gets smaller :(:( I could always build it on my diningroom table..I hate to cook anyway :hug:

Now if the Brimble's came out in Select...I would make hubby and kid move out just to MAKE room :wave:

Looking forward to purchasing some of these birch kits, so easy to work with. :idiot:

Once I have some experience with my first house I would definitely try one of these birch houses. I'm sure there would be much less slivers than with my current dollhouse.

Mary

Dean, any chance of doing special runs of current houses in the birch...like the BH and Garfield and Fairfield...and the list goes on and on?

Terri

ps can you give us a heads up that they will be released...most of us will have to save for them.

Is there any new information regarding when the Victorianna is coming back?

1 person likes this

Is there any new information regarding when the Victorianna is coming back?
Off and on there has been times when I thought this was gonna be the next Miniature house but things happened that caused it not to happen :p I too can't wait till they bring it back. I have a mini friend I owe one to as soon as they are released :)

That's too bad. I was hoping to cut my half inch teeth into this one. It looks amazing. I do hope to see it soon.