1/28/06 Do Blondes Have more Fun?

Minis On The Edge

I have a friend who dyed her hair blond and she thinks she gets more attention than she did when her hair was brown. Have you experianced this? Do Blondes really have more fun? Guys, tell us do youpay more attention to blondes?

I can't imagine any blonde alive having more fun than I have had ;) , although I've known a few who were miserable. BTW, I colored my hair exactly once. When we lived in HI the sun turned my hair a sort of dark auburn on top and I colored it with shampoo-in dye all that color when we returned to the mainland, and then as the color grew out I used a slightly darker shade until I was back to my normal brunette; I have not colored my hair since, and that was 38 years ago. As Tracy knows, I haven't gotten very gray yet.

That's an interresting question and I had to stop and think about it - which made me realize that I guess I really don't notice blondes- most of the women I notice are brunettes - but I think I only really notice hair color as a secondary trait anyway. Being someone of short memory, the first thing I notice is how someone treats me.. I rarely give someone a second glance (let alone a second thought) if they're curt or impolite - unless they're reallly impolite or curt - then I'll remember them for other reasons.. but I probably couldn't tell you what color hair they have - I'd make a lousy police witness heh . If someone makes eye contact and smiles then I notice more about them.. their eye shape, nose and smile, then facial shape and hair style but asking me their hair color is almost like asking me what color clothes they were wearing.. I usually couldn't say what color hair they have with any certainty.

-David

<chuckling> I'm actually a blonde but I dye my hair black. I have for about 10 years now. Bruce calls it artifical intelligence. (but not when he's standing within throwing range of me) ;)

You know that old joke about "Blondes don't really have more fun. It's just that people expect so little of them they have more free time."? I found there's truth in that. As a blonde, I didn't really notice it, but when I became a brunette, I discovered that the professional world took me a little more seriously. I didn't change the way I presented my ideas, but people were more inclined to give validation to my input without needing to be convinced that I knew what I was talking about. It was one of those things that made me go "huh" and then move on. I stayed a brunette just because I think it suits me better but it was an interesting observation.

I'm not really sure what color my hair would be now if I let the dye grow out. Judging from the roots, a lot more grey than blonde! But I have over 3 feet of hair so growing it out isn't really an option. ;)

I agree with Cat and David. It's more of an attitude and the way she feels about herself that makes a woman attractive.

Deb

I don't think that blondes have more fun and someone who judges a person on their hair colour must be pretty stupid anyway.

I have blonde hair but I used to dye it darker when I was a teenager, but I got called a goth and had alot of stares if that counts for attention so I'd say I had more attention as a brunette (don't know if the attention was good though ;) ). Now my hair is blonde again I notice people are friendlier towards me which is weird. Maybe it's not that blondes have more fun but they seem more approachable because of the steryotyped image and people don't feel as threatened by them.

I have read somewhere that men tend to have affairs with blonde women but would rather marry a brunette, but I think that is ridiculous. I think popularity has to be something about the character of a person or their facial features, otherwise every blonde and brunette would be equally as popular or unpopular if we were to base everything about a person on hair colour alone.

I know that there people who think blondes are more attractive but lets look at a list of blondes and see what you think. ;)

Rod Stewart

Courtney Love

James Harries, a famous child antiques dealer.

In this case beauty really has to be in the eye of the beholder. :D

post-227-1138528944.jpg

post-227-1138528985.jpg

post-227-1138529097_thumb.jpg

I just have to comment on this one. I've always had very dark hair but about 2 years ago I decided on that change to blonde. Everyone begged me to go back to dark. It was absolutely terrible and if I got attention at all it was only to tell me it looked awful on me. I'm staying a brunette.

How awful for someone to tell you that! I saw nothing wrong with the color, it looked quite nice.

I have dyed my hair blonde before, and can't tell you if I got more attention--but I did have fun-- :D I think it is the attitude in which you carry yourself, if you feel attrative, then people are drawn to your confidence, so to speak. I noticed that people thought because of your hair color is blonde your intellingence level goes down, ;) which is somewhat stupid to think that all blondes are dumb--I have known some extremely savvy and smart people who happened to have blonde hair, which had nothing to do with a measure of their intelligence quotient. I think it is safe to say that blondes have more fun is a generalized mythical statement--look at Demi Moore--she shaved her head and got more attention than she probably needed. ;)

*I am normally a brunette--it's been years since I dyed my hair blonde, and I've saved alot of money since then. Keeping up the color properly and taking care of hair that has been colored is extremely expensive and time consuming--time I don't have anymore--but definitely more money for minis! :D

I am a blonde and can't for sure say I had more fun. Unless one experiences both sides of the argument, they can't fully say. I am now turning darker in my older age, more of a brownish color, (and grayer) and I regret that my lighter shade is going. So I "color" my hair with a little spray in lightener once in a while to tune it up.

I also agree that attitude is everything and that projects to others. People will see that confidence and respond, regardless what shade your hair is. During my professional life I was judged on how I work not in how I look. I received a lot of attention in my youger years from older men, vs younger men, and that had nothing to do with my hair color (I don't think).

I am one blonde that hates blonde jokes, I take it way too personal. And I know I should just chill out on that.

Keeping up the color properly and taking care of hair that has been colored is extremely expensive and time consuming--time I don't have anymore--

And that is why I am totally gray (silver) now! I've never dyed my hair blonde, at one time when I hair did have a color other than white I did have blonde streaks but as it grew out it was already turning white LOL I've been gray for a long time. Tried for a while to cover it up but finally decided it was to much trouble to fight mother nature.

Peggi

I have coloring similar to Wenlaine's, and the once or twice I've tried to go blonde, my hair has turned ORANGE even with a preliminary application of color stripper. So I'm quite sure that I didn't have more fun.

I do dye my hair, 'cause I've had noticeable gray since I was 14! Though I'm reaching the age when the gray is no longer "premature," it's an icky yellow-ish gray that doesn't do anything for me, so every now and again I slush on two boxes of Clairol Balsam (the only dye that sticks on me): one dark brown for the roots, and one light brown for the rest. This gives me enough variation in shade that the gray roots later take a while to show.

Well im a natural blonde and attempted to go brunette last year. Let me tell you my family had a heart attack! And i noticed i didnt get nearly as much attention as I used to. ANd i just didnt feel like myself anymore. So needless to say I plan on staying blonde for life! LOL! :)

post-505-1138641348_thumb.jpg

I'm a natural also. When I was little my hair was milk white and it turned gold as I got older. I kept it gold for a long time until the roots became silver gray, now I want to make the whole thing silver and get it over with. I figure if I make the bottom silver the roots won't show up as much and I'll be done.