$20 Emerson Row!

corispice

So, casually browsing through my local craigslist, I found a lady not too far outside the city selling an Emerson Row kit for $20 and we're going to pick it up tommorrow. I am so nervous and excited, because it's one of 2 Greenleaf houses that speaks alot to me (the other is the Brookwood). If all is well with the kit, I have big plans though I am worried I'll have a hard time with the kit since the only other house I did was an RGT one.

Anyway, right now since my RGT house is meant to look like a Pittsburgh house from the neighborhood I live in now, I thought it would be cool if the E.R. looked like a house from a certain other neighborhood kind of known for its row homes, bars, and cool shops. I already imagine some college students sharing the rent on it, and although it's kind of beat up from a neglectful landlord and a few parties, it's still sort of grand on the outside (red brick, deep sludgy green trim, fishscale on the roof peaks...)

I can't wait, I'm already imagining little boxes of Ramen noodles and a mess of books, and a keg in the kitchen... Just wanted to share since no one I know in real life really cares. I'm so excited for this adventure that I'm putting of starting my 333 Franklin Street townhome (which, btw, will be representative of a different 'Burgh neighborhood).

Thanks for letting me ramble!

I saw that a few days ago. I was going to post it for the other Pittsburghers in the area and forgot. Nice to see someone grab it up from here.

I think there is something wrong because I feel like I'm the only one who the Emerson Row or the Willowcrest has never appealled to. They're pretty houses, but they've just never called my name like some of the others.

Which neighborhood is the 333 Franklin going to be, Corispice? You know where there are beautiful Victorians...on the North Side. Dangerous area, but they have some beautiful houses on the main streets. It's hard to believe that that was once the rich section of the city a century ago.

Yeah real life people are to big to get concerned with minis. I have no idea what i said it 230 am well any ways i can't wait to see what you do with it, if i had it it would have a mother in law suite downstairs Those bay roofs would go and in its place would be flat roof trimmed with iron. There would be fancy steps, at the front one leading to the mother in law suite and one to the upstairs the back would also be deepened. I give this much thought to every green leaf house. I want em all. :welcome:

The 333 Franklin St is going to be either Lawrenceville or the Northside (you totally called it, Jokelly!) and the E.R. is going to be the Southside. The Georgetown I have now is based on where I live now (Friendship/Bloomfield) but next month I'm moving to Squirrel Hill so maybe I'll have to do a Squirrel Hill house, too... but i did make a coffee shop (at least the building part, still need furniture) so maybe that could stand for Squirrel Hill for now since they have like 5 million coffee shops.

The Emerson Row is a wonderful house! I've got one lounging under my bed right now. I'm pretty sure that when I get done with the Brookwood (now in progress), he's going to make noise, wanting to come out! :welcome:

Your neighborhood sounds lovely, and you have great plans for the ER. Mine hasn't quite told me what he wants yet, other than to get OUT!!!! :lol:

Ooooooo, you lucky, lucky you!!! So envious as this is at the top of my "need" list.... Have been for a loooong time as well, and someday I will definitley get one somehow (one can dream atlest huh???)

Hugs and looking forward to seeing what you make with this beauty!

I love the Emerson Row! What a great deal you got and your so lucky that you found it right there in your area too. I know that your going to be nervous on your first die cut build but you will do just fine. You have this whole forum backing you up and you will see that the finished house will be completely worth the extra build time.