$6 Storybook cottage!

Sharon-UK

I just have to crow - we went to a boot sale [flea market] at Ascot here in the UK, and to my complete astonishment I found a Storybook Cottage kit, still in its box, at someone's table. She wanted five pounds ($10) for it, but when I offered them three pounds ($6) they accepted eagerly. I probably could have got it for less! How on earth an American kit ended up at a British boot sale, I have no idea.

Sharon

Visit my Willowcrest blog at: http://mywillowcrestblog.blogspot.com/

Oh my :welcome: , wow what a bargain!!! Have a lot of fun with it!!!! This is the house that comes after Emerson Row on my "wish/need"-list... >sigh<

I think I need to start going at more boot sales around here don't I??? One never knows what treasures that will turn up?

Hugs (and please do share pics!)

I love cheap stuff!!!! I actually went to a dh store closing and left only minus $30, and plus a dozen dh new minis. I need to go check out flea markets I used to be a regular, but have not attended one since I got this addiction.

Congrats for your find, the storybook cottage is so cute.

How on earth an American kit ended up at a British boot sale, I have no idea.

Sharon sometimes we are lucky :rofl: and don't ask why, just buy, directly.

Perhaps it's because we have so much trouble to get a greenleaf house? I got a Beacon Hill new in box for 80 Euro ( $120 ), even less as my rehab's. I hadn't to think about it for one second, I even asked her if she was sure about the price :D . When she had asked the double I had pay it too. (Resellers price in the Netherlands is 398 Euro, about $600)

Thats incredible luck! Its amazing for me to hear the stories of how people have run across dollhouses in the strangest places. I bet you I can walk the earth and never come across a single dollhouse! I have yet to see a dollhouse around here thats not in my house or in the one craft store that sells them.