really , really angry with DH

bookmarm

so I came home from work one night this week and noticed that both sons were very quiet. Hubby was sitting at the computer intently playing solitare. My porcelain Grandma Moses figurine that had been in the Westville house was lying on the table in five pieces. Hubby had come home with a lathe and drillpress that apparently are going to be stored in our huge kitchen (serious sarcasm there!). The Westville had gotten in his way and Grandma had apparently tried to defend her home by latching on to his sleeve, but became a double amputee on the floor in defeat. No words of apology from Hubs, just the comment that son 2 could probably fix her. That's it...

Granny is one of my prized minis and I love her. No dolls have been allowed to occupy my houses except her and one Jane Austen-ish doll I created myself. Granny is one of the 'United States Historical Society' figurines in the 'Amer Women of Arts and Letters" series from a number of years ago created by Virginia Davis (I think that ws her name). I esp love her because she looks fiesty and of course creative. ARRgggH! I wanted to scream. Sorry to always be a drama queen, but this really made me sad. I went of e-bay and happened on an 11 figure set of the women in this series (Granny is there as well as Pocahantas in English dress, Priscilla Alden, Mary Pickford, Betsy Ross, Martha Wash., and a few others) and won them last night. Other than major bucks (27. + 3. ins.) shipping, they actually were only 50. which includes a display case. So, my tears are drying, but I hate to think of my old Granny flung to the floor so merciliously...and we don't even want to start on a drillpress and lathe in the kitchen. No, I can't IMAGINE that it will be turned on in here. The dear thing apparently is a hot house flower and needs to be stored in a climate controlled area :wave:

Gayle,

So sorry about your doll, but glad you're getting another, PLUS MORE! I too hope that hubby is paying for dolls. Don't know what to do with Granny, but I'm sure you'll think of something, maybe something to remind hubby for awhile that he needs to be more careful. :wave:

Terri

The dear thing apparently is a hot house flower and needs to be stored in a climate controlled area :wave:

Okay I am sorry for this but LOL..that statement made me laugh.

I have the problem of Dh not putting things away. I am strong but not that strong and somethings have to be brought down to the basement by my dearest...Last spring I bought a big tub of cement stuff that fills cracks when water is getting in the basement...It has been a year and that bucket is still sitting by the basement door!

I am sorry for you loss but happy you got a whole series. Now Dh needs to make or buy you a nice dinner to make up for the oopsie!

Men, huh! So sorry to hear about your figurine! They sure think differently than us! Glad to hear you won the auction though! Sounds like you're getting some cool stuff.

My DH decided he needed a new power mitre saw and got a great deal on it...he brought in the house (because we can't cram one more thing in the garage---there's not even room for the kids bikes anymore---but we still have the lovely old cornices from our first house--we've lived here 12 yrs,lol Anyway, he set it on the floor in the entry hall where everyone would have to trip over it...I dreamed of it meeting a fate like the lamp in the Christmas story...but I restrained myself, and after 2 weeks of tripping over it it, politely asked him to move it before his lovely new toy got damaged. He actually did,lol. Guess there's a psychology there with him...if I would have just asked him to move it, he'd say I was nagging,but if I look like I"m trying to protect his property, he'll actually do something....hmmmm....gotta figure out new ways to use this to my advantage,lol

Well I can't talk, my Fluffy is in the living room creating lots of sawdust....and I use my drill press in the kitchen on the counter next to the blender..... So sorry about your Grandma Moses, but you did find a fabulous deal on those dolls! As for husbands? Don't kill him, you'll spend the rest of your life in a prison, and I doubt that would be much fun! Don't injure him either, he could sue you, however, if the machines in questions happened to get water splashed on them in the kitchen, geez, that's too bad......

My hubby so knows better then to bring and leave power tools in the house the only time they come in is for work and then they go right back out and he knows to clean what ever mess they make we have been together 8 years trust me he learned the hard way what happens when he leave saw dust and dirt in the house and he learned very quick. Im not a mean person put i cant stand a mess around like sawdust and stuff realated to that sort of thing it just drives me nuts

My dear departed Mom in Law always advised 'think murder, not divorce'.

My sons have done the sweet chore of gently glueing Granny Mo back together so she can advise the new gals, when they arrive, about how to survive in this household. She's still missing one hand, but can hold her paint brush.

Poor Granny! Sighs of understanding. I am so happy you found a replacement for the injured old gal. And like so many others can only sympathize with your displesure with hubby. Been there, done that comes to mind. Id ask him to pay for the replacements at the very least, plus dinner, plus, plus, plus. Wink, wink you get where I'm going with this.........

I do feel like kicking him for not even acting concerned, but I think he really is. He's never been able to confront a tense situation. I think he gets angry with himself, and withdraws or pretends it's not a bad problem and everyone will kiss and feel better if we just forget what happened. He doesn't realize how emotionally tied I am to what this little doll symbolizes to my aging body and brain...the concept of art and creativity at an age when I never thought they would be so inspired.

I'm not sure if the mini houses concern him much, since he probably has ten million stamps/mags/mini trains/coins. He was the one who encouraged me to buy the rgt Lincoln kit at the local store recently.

as for him paying for replacements? Well,I've been bringing home the paychecks and medical insurance coverage for several years since Jim left teaching. He's been working for the Silver Center owner without take home pay for those same years. His timecard went toward a reduction in the price of the busines, but my check pays the bills

Hubby had come home with a lathe and drillpress that apparently are going to be stored in our huge kitchen

Get him to put them infront of the oven (stove), that way there will be no cooking going on...How can you cook, you will change the controlled climate!!!

As for husbands? Don't kill him, you'll spend the rest of your life in a prison,

In New Zealand you can murder someone and life here is between 7 & 14 years not life like the US!

there is a saying here that marriage is for life, you only do 7 for murder LOL!

I'm glad to hear your son has helped by gluing your doll back together (not that she's the same as she was). Maybe she can be a "disabled" aunt with her arm in a sling or something.....I'm sure she will be happy with lots of new friends coming to live with her!

As for the hubby, work our what you can make with the lathe and drillpress and start mini-ing with them! If you can't bet them use them!

this is already our family 'wreck' room. Not just kitchen, but tv, computer, business office, and now 'bed and breakfast' abode to a 4'x 3' drillpress and lathe. I am so wishing the basement was finished and all the guys could move down there! This family togetherness in one room that used to seem large, has gotten horrible. The basement is second in line to our master bath being finished (started 3 years ago, but at least we've had a working shower for 1 of those).