5/21/08 About Me

Okay, I keep on clicking on peoples profiles here, and I am wondering why no one has done there "about me" page yet? You can post links to your stuff outside of the forum too. You can have your blogs and galleries for show with one click. Are you all planning to do up your "About Me" page here on the forum?

I won't be, Tracy. My thoughts are that most people who sign up, introduce themselves in the forum and also a couple of other places that we've talked about ourselves in. It just seems rather redundant to me.

Most people don't like to give out too much information about themselves on the internet.

I did not know about it or I must have forgotten about it.! I will go check it out now.!

I wish it had some questions... I really dont know what to say, what does everyone want to know.?

Kellee

I didn't know about it. All my stuff is posted here. I tried photobucket, but everytime you make an entry, it is posted on the main page. Kinda creepy. I don't have a personal web page. And I am sure no one wants a link to my chrome shop. Does anyone have more ideas what to do with the link?

I guess I never did that page because I didn't want to be presumptuous. I had already intoduced myself in my gallery and thought that if I posted enough times, that eventually people who talked to me would maybe get to know me. Wenlaine put it together well when she said that most people don't want to give out too much info @ themselves on the internet. It is frightening to think what could be out there, especially for those of us who have children or live alone. I am VERY protective and trust no one unless they have first earned my trust. You might see my ugly mug, but you will never see my children's pictures at this forum or anywhere else on the internet. Nothing personal, but again, PROTECTIVE. Anyways--for what it matters, those are my reasons. :wave:

Most people don't like to give out too much information about themselves on the internet.
I know I don't, although I have obviously gotten "suckered in" through many of my posts;but someone would have to be desparate to learn all about me that way. Everything I have built or made & have pictures of that I care to share is hosted here in the Gallery.

Eventually I'll think of some way to utilize the "About Me" page, it has possibilities I'm not ready to give up on. Thanks, Tracy, now you've got my "brain juices" flowing!

I'll give it some thought, for some reason I didn't know about this. It does sound like a good idea for links to your own galleries, blogs etc.

I've never even checked out the about me page. I'm guessing that it's under my controls page. I've not even looked at people's blogs unless they specifically raise them in the forum pages. I open the Greenleaf Forum, go to the bottom of the page and click on "today's active posts". Then I read through the topics that sound interesting to me. I'd love to read everything, but even though I only work three days a week, my job is incredibly hectic. I've also got aging parents, so I'm not able to read through everything on the forum as much as I would like. It does sound like a good idea though, and I'll look into it.

I'm not terribly concerned about giving too much info on the Internet, as I choose what I'll put out there. If any of my friends or co-workers check out the Greenleaf Forum, I'm not at all worried about what I've typed in. I made up a Facebook Profile so that I could better keep in touch with younger nieces and nephews. Some of my friends at work have also created profiles on Facebook and it's been a great way for us to connect. If one of my co-workers is sick, or posts photos when they come back from a trip, I'm able to log in and touchbase. I don't put any personal information about me on my Facebook profile, and have warned my nieces and nephews to be careful what they include. I don't subscribe to wallpaper (or whatever it is where people post on your homepage). I've seen stuff on people's pages put there by others that would embarass me. I think that messages between me and my friends and family are personal.

-Susanne