5/22/08 What Made You Smile Today?

Last night DH & I presented a program on money saving tips to use planning camping/ hiking/ cycling/ paddling trips (my subtitle was "Having Fun on the Cheap") and we got the nicest emails & phone calls today thanking us! We're both grinning so wide we have to satch out going up & downstairs today!

Tracy,

What a great question! And sweet answers so far!

Honestly, I am lucky to have too many to list, but a few of them are

*the funny things my kids share (they live for humor!)

*DH came home for coffee in the middle of the day

*watching DS snuggle with one of the cats (she is completely convinced that he is her mother)

*and I'm really enjoying my Spring Fling house right now!

My baby ducks had their first swim today!! (They are 2 days old now)

Oh, I would love to see pictures of them!

I looked out the window this evening to see my 4 year old nephew wandering across the lawn with Thomas the Tank Engine in one hand and one of those fluffy milkweed things in the other, and his Dad carrying a teddy bear.

My 21 yr old daughter called to tell me she had just played an indoor soccer game. She played for years as a child, as well as outdoor travel soccer, but hadn't played for about 4 years. (She is very good) She joined a womens league and will be playing weekly now. She loved it and sounded so happy so that made me smile.

I also finished knitting my "jute" welcome mat for the Arthurs front porch. I love the way it turned out!

I also finished knitting my "jute" welcome mat for the Arthurs front porch. I love the way it turned out!
Do post pictures, Rhonda! What did you use for the "jute"? I have been looking for a fine-twist packing jute to try for that, but it all looks too big!

Today I'm snickering & giggling because I thought it was Friday all day yesterday!

So fra today, having had four groups in computer ed and hearing one of the more "shy" ones saying out loud a big "YES!!!!" when she mastered a few of the steps we had gone through today...

And also this picture a friend of mine sent me:

Thirdly, the thought of MR LE Arthur sitting at home awaiting me mumbling about his porch and wanting somem ore attnetion and the fact that I get home early on Fridays....

Hugs and thanks for this question, it just made me realize that life is goooood!

Okay..that picture that Anna posted for one...so cute!

I am smiling (yesterday and today) because we fixed the mess with the payment on our loan...full speed ahead for home improvements soon.... :)

Watching my kitties sleep...You wonder if they dream. :)
I'm convinced that our fur babies dream ever since I used to watch our dogs while they were asleep. Riley, our old Beagle, in particular used to make twitches and little sounds as if he were on a scent while he was sleeping. We never hunted him, but both his sire & dam were registered Canadian Beagles (the owners just didn't know which dog was the sire, so they couldn't register the puppies!).

ok this post made me smile today also its a 3 day weekend for me and my cuz is getting married on sunday. And 3 days ago was my 1st wedding anniversary with my hubby :) life is great right now

When my girls, who are now in their twenties, were little they just loved Polly Pocket, the ones that were only an inch tall. They gave them all to the little girl across the street when they outgrew them. Today my neighbor brought them back, she thought the grandkids would like them. They still look brand new. What a nice surprise.

Wow, Good question. My boys make me smile everyday.. if it were not for them right now I would be a very unhappy person. There is just so many things that have me so stressed out right now that I dont get too many smiles in anymore. but my boys make me smile everyday.!

kellee

• 4 weeks later...

When this question was first asked, I couldn't respond how I wanted to, but I will tell you know. It was the day I got my first ultrasound and saw my baby's heart beating. That definitely put a huge smile on my face.