5/22/08 What Made You Smile Today?

Big smile:Getting my phone line back on that has been out since we got up yesterday morning and finding out there's been lots of repairs in our area,so it won't cost us extra-if it had been isolated to our line inside,it would have. So,I'm smiling at getting caught up on the Forum. But,also smiled yesterday because I actually did some minor work on parts of my Ashley/Cool Breeze cottage.

• Like 1

I had two reason to smile today. The first was making actual plans to have my Garfield house renovated. It is getting closer to the date when I will actually take the house in. Now I bet good money that a lot of you will have reason to smile once I finally get the project moving so that you won't have to keep "hearing" me say that I plan to get my Garfield renovated. :)

The second reason to smile was that I picked the first rose of the season off my rose bush.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

My baby (Service Dog in Training partner, Reese) makes me smile every day. We have our disagreements, but we love each other.

I had an episode today at checkout that reminded me of the fact. I was trying to keep myself grounded (calm, in the here and now), but the person in front of me had an issue with one of the tags on their food. It was taking a while for the manager to get there and I needed out now. I started tapping on a soda bottle I was purchasing- I must've looked like a jerk, but in reality, I was having an episode. Apparently the associate recognized me because she laid a calm, reassuring hand on my hand and smiled gently and reassuringly. She smiled and asked politely where my dog was. I told her he was at home because I was trying to run a quick errand (there's nothing quick about having a Service Dog; you have to make sure their needs are met and there's constant interruptions from understandably curious people who also want to tell you about their dogs...) and get food. I guess I can't go 5 minutes without my sweet boy. But he keeps me ticking! :)

• Like 1

Today's smile: walking back and forth in the office and suddenly realizing that I was walking around like a normal person! LOL No limp. No boot. No pain. Awesome! Don't know how long it will last, but after several years of various pains and limping this is pretty nice! :D

(now we'll just keep those fingers crossed that this cortisone shot helps the knee and I won't need surgery on the torn meniscus!)

• Like 1

A torn meniscus? You will eventually need surgery to repair it, even if you put it off without further damage to it. But congratulations on being free of pain; I'm smiling for you!

• 3 weeks later...

Today's smile was brought to me by a pregnant friend:

Craving a 'fluffer-nutter' sandwich, she and her hubby stopped at the grocery store to buy peanut butter and marshmallow fluff. They easily found the desired peanut butter, but alas, she could not lay her eyes upon the marshmallow fluff. Irritated, she stood in the aisle and fumed,

"Where IS it?! I can SMELL it! Where is it!?"

Her husband rolled his eyes. "Only a pregnant woman could smell marshmallow fluff."

:giggle:

Raccoon twins raiding the bird and squirrel seeds in the back yard early this morning and then ambling up the maple tree, back to wherever they came from. :) I'm still smiling.

I had many more smiles today than yesterday! :

1) I was able to take 3 hours off from work (Which I really neeeeded,trust me!) and the 2 respective repairmen came got my washer and the air conditioner running again. The washer was more $ than I had prepared for,but since I am a repeat customer,that repairman took what cash I had on hand! :) The other repairman is a friend of the family and he always gets a laugh out of me. And since I rent,that one wasn't on me. :)

2) I made more progress on my Dura-Craft Ashley's front windows-I finished gluing on the exterior window and door trim and came up with a very simple sill design with mini craft sticks and kit trim,so that made me smile. Now I'll work out how I want to do the pane frames to make it look like double hung windows. :)

3) The little 'cheapy' bistro set I ordered last week for the Ashley came today and I am really pleased with it-much nicer quality than I expected! :D http://www.amazon.com/Jeremie-Mini-Bistro-Set-Rustic/dp/B007NKDL38/ref=sr_1_19?m=AI9ICVONFFJ4G&s=merchant-items&ie=UTF8&qid=1404265300&sr=1-19

My littlest guy mastered riding his bike without training wheels yesterday afternoon. His older cousin had come over and gave him the confidence boost he needed and his reward was ice cream together with his cousin and siblings. What a joy to watch them speed around the place with the little guys newfound freedom with the breezes blowing across their smiling faces.

• Like 1