Bus steps

Either I am just having a long senior moment or these steps are worse to assemble than the Pierce. There are only three. The instructions may as well be in Greek, and the picture in the directions is in the upside down view. :giggle: I think I'll have to wait until the whole bus is assembled, turn it right side up and try and fit them in then. If they can't be put together in that order, oh well, I'll think of something. There are not that many pieces to the bus so I should have had the whole thing together by now. :p

The stairs are finally together. Common sense versus instructions rules.

Sounds like you are getting things together (and yes I am envious LOL) please do take pics as you work, it will definitley help the rest of us I am sure!

Hugs

Just taped the sides, back and front together to see how much room there really is for decorating. There is room for a very small bathroom in the back or mid section, haven't decided, a bedroom, kitchen area, and couch and chair etc. at the end by the stairs. The large windshield will be the living room window. The bus is as wide as the Willow about 30 inches and with the wheels on, about the height of the first floor of the Willow so there is quite a bit of room. If you were to get two busses you could have a double wide mobile home with some bashing. I think I'll make a nicer curved roof top using sticks, or add height and make a flat roof. That would make the room dividers I have to make a little easier. This has a lot of possibilities. I'll take some pics when the shell is glued together. I'll probably put siding on it and beadboard panelling on the inside like the mobile home I lived in in 1956.

Pat, the RV camper we just traded in had the bedroom in the back, the bathroom in the middle and the kitchen/ living area towards the front.

I can't decide if I want to make it into an RV camper or stationary mobile home. My son used to go with his dad on trips in a Winabego and he also said the beds were in back with the bath in the middle. The mobile home I lived in years ago had the kitchen and bath in the middle with a hall area to get to the bedroom in back. My first idea was to have it stationary and to get maybe two smaller travel trailers and make a mobile home park. Sometimes it's easy to get carried away. With the Beacon Hill coming, I have to find room for all this. :p

My most memorable Greyhound bus trip was 2 1/2 days from West Palm Beach, FL, to Cleveland, OH, tthe summer after I graduated HS. I alternated between reading War & Peace and trying to sleep. The trip home was MUCH nicer, I spent the summer with my maternal grandmother & her friend and we came home via NYC, flying both from Cleveland to NY, and then home. It was my LAST bus trip and my first flight! and I have loved air travel ever since!

If I got the bus kit I'd have to make it a camper/ tour bus.

Hehe, I think everyone should have to take a trip on a Greyhound bus at least once in their life. I travelled from PA to Georgia roundtrip and that's the last time I'll ever do it. I didn't want to make the trip driving by myself so I decided to ride the bus since I refuse to fly. The characters you meet are amazing. Whole other world out there. You haven't lived life until you've been in a bus station in Knoxville at 3 a.m. I will drive myself next time if I ever would make a long trip again.

Hehe, I think everyone should have to take a trip on a Greyhound bus at least once in their life. I travelled from PA to Georgia roundtrip and that's the last time I'll ever do it. I didn't want to make the trip driving by myself so I decided to ride the bus since I refuse to fly. The characters you meet are amazing. Whole other world out there. You haven't lived life until you've been in a bus station in Knoxville at 3 a.m. I will drive myself next time if I ever would make a long trip again.
I disagree about making it mandatory, but if you want to persue a creative career as a writer or an artist, there's nothing quite so eye-opening as long-distance Greyhound Bus travel; and I don't think there's enough money in the world to coax me back on another one, either!

• 2 weeks later...

When I was a child. (that was a long time ago) My father bought a schoolbus and converted it to a camper. It was painted gray and had Patricks Folly written on the side in great big letters.

Thats what I am going to do with the bus kit when I get it. He built in large bunk beds right behind the drivers seat. A pull down single bed was along side the bunks. The back had a cooler/refrigerator, a stove sink and a restuarnt booth. This was before we had seen motor homes. It was in the fifties.

The bus kit really brings back memories.